“Ok but nothing special”

Cliffs at Peace Canyon
Ranked #64 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 24 November 2007

Reasonably comfortable and clean, although one of the bedrooms had odd skylights near the ceiling which let in light at night. Unfortunately, the Cliffs, like a lot of these condo rentals, only has internet in the lobby. I don't understand why property managers are so chintsy about wireless internet. Serving travelers in the twenty-first century is not the same as it was in the 1950s, but the owners of the Cliffs, the Grandview, and other locations in Las Vegas haven't quite caught on. In the future, I'm going to be a lot more picky about basic amenities, and not settle for barely okay.
The beds were small and a little hard.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 November 2007

The Cliffs at Peace Canyon was a good place to stay, not too bad, not too luxurious-- pretty much a valuable traveling experience. Me and my parents had stayed there with my grandmother and my cousin. Checking in was pleasant and quick with good service. I remember pool tables in the lobby and granite stairsteps. moderate-sized room with great cable television and lots of furniture, there's not much to say about the interior-- but it was not too far from town squares and shopping centers! I think this was an excellent place to stay, but not too good for those who prefer wide-open rooms.

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled with family
4  Thank Corleone218
Reviewed 24 October 2007

Just got back from my 30th birthday trip to Las Vegas! My girlfriends and I did a timeshare exchange and stayed at The Cliffs at Peace Canyon and had a great time. I was a little worried b/c we were some of the youngest people there that week but the other guests as well as the staff were so friendly. The condo itself was very nicely decorated and clean as well as spacious. The grounds are well kept and although the pool/waterfall is not a glamorous as it looks on their website, it's still nice :}

I opted not to rent a car which turned out to be perfect b/c they have a shuttle that takes you to the strip every hour. It ends at 1:30am so a couple of nights we got a cab back to the condo which wasn't bad at all. This was everybody's 1st trip to Vegas and we loved the fact that we were not staying on the strip! The condos are peaceful and there are shops/food within walking distance.

I highly recommend this place if you don't want to be on the strip and I look forward to my next Vegas trip at The Cliffs!

Stayed: October 2007
8  Thank browngirl30
Reviewed 4 September 2007

It is at the great location and close to lots of big places like target, wal-mart. My son loves the chuckncheeses. It is at the residential area outside the strip and it is very convenient to go to the busy strip.

We have a large 2-bedroom condo with all the kitchen stuffs such as microwave, dishwasher, washer, dryer, stove, gas stove and oven. They provide others such as dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent etc...

Problem: although it is about 6-7 years old, the carpet should be replaced!! My wife saw 3 cockcroaches during the stay. I was unwilling to walk on bare foot and if you walk with the socks on, the socks will become dirty quickly. The weather was very hot (30s and 40s) and the air condition is sufficently cool the rooms except the noise is quite loud.

Even though it is an exchange timeshare, we did attend another timeshare talk etc etc so we can get the discounted show in LV strip. They aren't very pushy since they understand our situation.

You can use the internet room near the reception or you can try those unsecured wireless network somewhere....... Parking is *kind of* covered so you do not have to worry about the extreme heat.

The receptionists are very helpful and did their best to answers the questions we have. You can rent the DVDs out free of charge. The pool and spa are excellent way to relax. We spent 1-2 hours and we were very dark!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank redbridge
Reviewed 30 August 2007

This was the best timeshare property I have ever seen. My experience with time shares are usually pretty run down, crowded, places. We had a beautiful 2 bedroom condo, very clean. Pool was nice, exercise room, pool table and 24-hour internet available. Washer and dryer in condo was a treat. Location was great, took about 15 minutes to get to strip, lots of stores around (Target, Walmart, etc). I would recommend this place to the timeshare-reluctant.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank Flantastic-Four
Reviewed 20 July 2007

Our family stayed here in July 2007 during very hot weather. The resort was wonderful, the staff very helpful, and the unit very comfortable. Initial fears of having trouble booking rides on the shuttle proved to be very wrong. We had no trouble booking our shuttle times to and from the strip. The drivers were great and always on time. Sal, the guest services hostess, did a wonderful presentation on where to go, what to see, where to eat and "how to gamble the slots" while in Vegas so that we could make the best use of our time. Although we didn't initially intend to attend her talk I am sooooo glad we did. It was very informative for first time Vegas visitors.
The Cliffs was a wonderful place to relax and get away from the bustle of the strip. It is well kept and quiet. I would recommend this resort for anyone who likes to have a quiet restful place "to come home to".

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank Frostyrunner
Reviewed 9 June 2007

Second visit in three years to the Cliffs (RCI Points) and will not be our last.
Wonderful stay, Rooms as before clean and very spacious, and LOVE the fact that you have your own wahing machines There is no need to hire a car as you are very near to shops and restaurants, recommend Egg Works, best breakfast, and the Italian (can't remember the name).
Use the shuttle to go in and out of Vegas, and its so nice to come back and jump in the hot tub.
Already making plans to return in 2008.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family