Just returned from the Cliffs 4 days ago...wow....with a friend, sister & bro-in-law..
--VERY clean rooms...uncertain who got which room and posted "dirty and needing upgrade" review but the place was immaculately clean and the furniture was no more than 5 years old (want a 5+ star and a Deluxe suite? go to the Bellagio !)
--only "sort of" complaint I would have is the lack of pressure in the bathroom sink (shower & rest all good)...tons of hot water tho !
--pool is not very big but there were always 5 or 6 kids and same amount of adults in there at same time and seemed to be enough room...bigger would give kids more place to play and adults more "float/tanning" time, but it was ok....hot tub was big and hot
--entire pool area is gorgeous....many palms, cactus' and various lush gardens..very clean area as well...they even have a lower area (2 steps down from pool) with big fireplace, bar tables and 4 bbq's for everyone to enjoy.
--staff was friendly...only 1 was a bit unpleasant about getting us a cab
--NO airport shuttle...they do have shuttle to/from the Mirage hotel(20 minute ride)...they have a set schedule but you have to reserve it to make sure there is room...1st come, 1st served.
--we rented a jeep & drove out to L.A. for 2 days but my brother-in-law stayed behind (a bit older, sore legs)...the shuttle driver checked in on him everyday & drove him to market for groceries...very nice & much appreciated !
I am confident that an airport shuttle would benifit the resort (and of course the guests)..it is a 40 some dollar cab ride.
We took a scenic/stop flight to the Grand Canyon but most excursions pk up from the "strip" hotels and not from the resorts so this also cost a cab ride to the strip (it was too early for the shuttle)...it's approx 45 to 60 $ for cab to the strip---depending on how good/bad cab driver is.
The Red Rock Canyon is a must see....very colorful, 13 mile drive thru the mountains/canyon...VERY scenic, desert as far as the eye can see....and to think the big city is just 20 mins. away !
Rented a Jeep from Fox rental....Jeep was good, will never deal with them again (that's another review) stick to the "central car rental place".
Would I not have stayed at the Cliffs, I would not have seen/experienced 1/8th of Vegas...many of my friends have stayed on the strip and had no clue the rest of the Vegas natural beauty even existed. I would definitely go back to the Cliffs to appreciate more than the hustly & bustle of Vegas and relax in the incredibly hot weather & the Cliff's pool ! Keep on keepin on, the place looks great ! Any questions, feel free to ask !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 20 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip, The Cliffs at Peace Canyon offers you a peaceful and elegant vacation spot that serves as your gateway to all that Las Vegas and the surrounding area have to offer. Units feature all the comforts of home such as private living and dining areas and bathrooms with oval garden tubs. Fully appointed kitchens equipped with; range, dishwasher, full-size refrigerator with ice maker, microwave oven, coffee maker, blender, and toaster. Washers and dryers are available in every unit. Take advantage of the resort’s shuttle service to various Las Vegas sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cliffs at Peace Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliffs At Peace Canyon Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Cliffs Peace Canyon
- Cliffs Peace Canyon Las Vegas
- Cliffs At Peace Canyon Las Vegas