This was our 1st stay here and overall happy with the resort but not with the customer service. It is located about 30 minutes away from the strip in a quiet residential location. We had a one bedroom ground floor unit which was located at the rear of the resort and it was very quiet.. The unit was well laid out and had all the necessary item required for a comfortable stay. The resort provides a shuttle bus which runs on the hour to the strip and picks up on the half hour, this was extremely useful and we used it most nights. The staff were mediocre, we asked the concierge for some tour recommendations and his lackluster response was disappointing, we ended up booking everything ourselves. The main problem i had was that after check in we had to get a car parking pass from the concierge desk, this was just a ploy to try and get us to sign up for a free breakfast / lunch which was just a sales pitch to sell timeshare. After a 12 hour drive from our previous accommodation we arrived tired and just wanted to get to our room. I asked at the time if this was a sales presentation and was told no. We were asked to pay a $20.00 deposit to make the breakfast booking, which would be returned as a $100.00 visa card. I must have been crazy, (i can only put it down to being very tired) but i agreed and paid the $20.00. The next morning i read through the paperwork and realized that it was a going to be a sales presentation, i went back to the desk and asked to cancel and get my $20.00 back, Well this seemed to cause all sorts of issues, first i was told that i would have to wait until later that afternoon when the person i originally spoke to would be on duty and no-one could cancel it except him, I stood my ground and asked them to deal with it now as i was not going to plan my day around some-one else roster. Then i was told that they would have to ring the manager, as if this was some big deal. Finally after much huffing and puffing i was given my $20.00 back.
Maybe this goes toward the lackluster help from the concierge in booking tours.
Also don't bother asking for any help from the front desk, after losing a credit card we wanted to make an international call to out home bank to cancel the card. I rang the front desk for help and was told."you can't make any international calls from your room" i explained out problem ans asked it i could use a phone in the office and pay for the call, i was told " No". No help was offered at all. We ended up making the call from on of the Major Casino's on the strip, even though we were not staying there they were happy to help us. Apart from this lack of customer service, we were generally happy with the resort, the pool area was well maintained and the pool and spa were heated so it was comfortable to use even in January. The unit was well maintained and i could not fault it
I would not recommend this resort due to the poor customer service we received.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 20 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip, The Cliffs at Peace Canyon offers you a peaceful and elegant vacation spot that serves as your gateway to all that Las Vegas and the surrounding area have to offer. Units feature all the comforts of home such as private living and dining areas and bathrooms with oval garden tubs. Fully appointed kitchens equipped with; range, dishwasher, full-size refrigerator with ice maker, microwave oven, coffee maker, blender, and toaster. Washers and dryers are available in every unit. Take advantage of the resort’s shuttle service to various Las Vegas sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cliffs at Peace Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliffs At Peace Canyon Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Cliffs Peace Canyon
- Cliffs Peace Canyon Las Vegas
- Cliffs At Peace Canyon Las Vegas