“Awesome” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Desert Hot Springs, California
“Awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My first encounter with the desk clerk was not good at all she had no people skills or customer service didn't welcome us or anything no smile not very welcoming... But we headed over to marketing and staff was absolutely fantastic and uplifting made up for the rudeness of the desk clerk!!! The condo was absolutely everything I imagined it would be I will definitely go again!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lupe S
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Cliffs at Peace Canyon, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. We apologize for the service you received at our front desk but are thankful that your interaction with our marketing team was impressive. We appreciate your awesome recommendation of The Cliffs at Peace Canyon and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Gainesville, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a nice quiet condo away from the strip, this is your place. Twenty minutes down Tropicana from the strip, Peace feels like apartment living. Not crazy about the dated furnishings, but the units are roomy and well stocked. One nice pool area, not large by Las Vegas standards, but pleasant. Would have been nice if there was a second kids pool. Very nice barbecue area.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank JudyM00re
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Cliffs at Peace Canyon, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your recommendation of The Cliffs at Peace Canyon Resort. It is always nice to hear back from guests about their vacation with us and we’re happy to know that you enjoyed the resort and it’s amenities. We strive every day to make people feel at home and we are glad that you had such a great experience. We look forward to sharing our hospitality with you the next time you’re in Las Vegas.
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We traded our Florida timeshare for a week in Las Vegas. The Cliffs was a comfortable condo - two bed, two bath - with a pool (which we didn't have time to enjoy) and a fitness center. I also found walking in the neighborhood was an OK form of exercise in addition to the treadmill. Resort staff were very friendly. We did take advantage of the breakfast buffet if we agreed to visit a sister proper at The Grandview. The Cliffs was located west of The Strip, about 20 minutes by car, between Flamingo and Tropicana, which made it fairly easy to bypass most of the traffic when we went to The Strip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Annabeth R
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Cliffs at Peace Canyon, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your recommendation. Las Vegas is a favorite destination for it’s world-class attractions and The Cliffs at Peace Canyon is the place to stay and experience it all. Thank you again and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you the next time you’re in Vegas.
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Went here with the family and stayed for a week as rci exchange. Resort located at outside the strip 15-20 mins by the shuttle provided. Suitable for people who want to relax during the day and go to the strip in the evening. We thought the bus driver Steve was very friendly and give us enough information. The resort got what we needed for a good vacation and clean though we found a small died cockroach when we enter the unit. But we would stay here agin if we come back

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jillily
Thank you for your recommendation! We agree, The Cliffs at Peace Canyon Resort is the perfect place for rest and relaxation. We appreciate you sharing your experience and we hope we may welcome you back the next time you need to get away in Vegas.
Mountain Ranch, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

After driving 10 hours straight, arrived at this location. Jasmine at check in was friendly, helpful and very pleasant. Having read the Tripadvisor reviews, I knew that in order to receive the parking pass we would be subjected to a sales pitch for other properties. When I went to the "Parking Pass" (Sales desk), I enthusiastically let the lady (who asked inappropriate but seemingly appropriate questions....name, spelling, marital status, who was staying in unit) know that we were there for several family reunions and would be leaving early each day for travel to the locations. Once she learned I was married and my husband was not there, she focused on my 26 year old daughter as a prospect. She wanted to know what morning we could attend a presentation with incentives. I told her, none, as we were leaving early each day for family business.

I am so glad I was forewarned by reviews of this, and it enabled me to breeze through it.. My time-share doesn't do this to visitors, so it makes me a little wary of RCI.

I asked Jasmine for a "quiet" unit, which she immediately accommodated.

Once at the unit, I noted someone was parked in my assigned covered parking space. (This makes a difference in 110 degree heat). As I left to run an errand, I stopped by the front desk. The registration desk was three deep, so I asked the young man at the "Sales Desk" (parking pass desk) if he could help me. He said I had to speak with the registration desk. I said "Let me make sure I have this straight....your desk gave me the parking pass, someone is in my space, you can't help me, the registration desk has a long line, and it sounds like you told me nothing can be done until 6 pm" He said that is correct. I grabbed a business card from their cardholder, was going to write a note to Jasmine to handle when she was free re: the parking space issue. Evidently the young man had a change of heart and came over, got a manager to handle the issue....

Unit was clean, quite and we enjoyed our stay

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TLC9999
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Cliffs at Peace Canyon, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Cliffs at Peace Canyon and posting your recommendation. Although we’re very happy to read your positive comments, we apologize that we were not able to meet all your expectations. We pride ourselves in offering excellent customer service and we regret the experience you had with our representative. The presentation is not mandatory but many guests decide to preview the resort and end up learning about the benefits of timeshare. Though timeshare ownership with us may not be for you, we hope that we may share our hospitality with you again as a guest one day.
Cedar Springs, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This property looks at lot more appealing online. When we got here we thought we were driving into an apartment complex.Front desk staff was nice and helpful during check in. We were given a 2 bedroom downstairs unit because we have small children and their running could disturb guests downstairs if we had been upstairs. Well, the downstairs unit is a dungeon, need to have lights on most of the time and blinds closed so we have privacy. People upstairs were moving furniture or something all night and it was horrible. After 1 night we were ready to bail. Kitchen is really dated and the small appliances in the kitchen are Goodwill quality at best. The layout of the unit is nice but the beds are very uncomfortable. There is nothing much to do around this place, sits in a residential neighborhood close to a half dead shopping mall. If you come to Vegas, this is NOT the place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nzimpfer
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Cliffs at Peace Canyon, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your review with us. Many of our guests choose to stay at The Cliffs at Peace Canyon because the resort offers a relaxing getaway that is only situated less than 8 miles away from Neon Las Vegas. The staff at the resort can assist guests with any arrangements to help broaden the vacation experience. We are sorry that we didn’t meet all of your expectations but we hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may have an another opportunity to prove that we offer the best vacation value in Las Vegas.
Blair, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed for a week 2 br handicap unit, unit was nice had a few maint issues most were taken care of right away. the only really GROSS one was my wife was walking across the bedroom floor and noticed something sticking out from wal unit that tv was on went to pick it up and realized it was CAT POOP! UGH not fun... Called front desk someone was ther to take care of it right away and offered a full clean again the next day. But as i said my wife is handicap and next day didn't work for her (not feeling well). Anyway the only ther negatives were the sheets and cover provided for pulout bed were so thin they must have been 20 years old. Anything we called about was handled quickly and the place is pretty nice. A little on the OLDER side but all basic needs are met nicely. Used the pool and BBQ Area both were nice, didn't care for security complaing about grandkids being loud at pool at 1030 on a Friday Night in VEGAS it is Vegas and they were just being kids playing and having a GREAT time. If they want Quiit time before that the pool should close earlier. but in VEGAS its so damn hot during the day that night time is perfect to use the pool! Overall not a bad place...if you want 5 STAR very RITZY accomadations this AINT it but it is a decent place convienent to many places it was only 5 miles to my MOM-IN-LAWS (Nice!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Cliffs at Peace Canyon and for sharing your experience. Although we’re happy to read your positive comments, we apologize for the issues you had with your room. We appreciate your 4-star review and hope you consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to Las Vegas.