“Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2009

On this trip I traveled with my boyfriend and two friends. We are all in our late 20's.

Before checking into the Cliffs I read many reviews. All in all, I found our experience to be VERY good, and found most of the reviews to be petty and negative. Upon checking in we were greeted nicely and were given the time share talk, however after quickly saying we were not interested we were able to walk away. This was done in UNDER 5 minutes. They did call us once during the stay to ask if we had been introduced to the time share opportunity and I simply said we weren't interested, NO BIG DEAL!

The grounds on the Cliffs property were beautiful and the hot tub was GREAT! We also loved our 2 bedroom condo unit. While some things were outdated as another guest put it, we had no trouble making the best of everything we were given. We also spent minimal time in our room because we were always out sight seeing or enjoying the pool/hot tub, thus at the end of the day we had no complaints. It was wonderful to come back to a cool room with a stocked fridge and a comfortable bed.

We also had no trouble with noise outside our room or with other patrons/staff.

The only issue we had with the Cliffs was the distance from the strip. BUT, we knew this going into it! Thus we can't really complain. The shuttle ran from 10am until 11:30pm and two of the drivers were EXCELLENT! The other drive we did not so much care for, but oh well. Because we often stayed out later than 11:30pm it was a hassle and expensive to take cabs back to the cliffs. But, once again we figured this would be the case before we arrived. People also complained about making a reservation for the free shuttle, which was really no big deal. Usually the day before when we made our plans for the following day I called down to the front desk and made our reservation. We only had trouble one time the entire 6 days we there getting the shuttle we wanted. And even then, we just picked the later one, once again no big deal! I also made and changed many shuttle reservations the same day we were taking them. The staff is willing to be flexible for you if you are patient and friendly to them.

In the end we LOVED the Cliffs. The only reason we would choose not to stay there is the distance it is to the strip.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank avidtraveler02

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2009

We traded our timeshare through RCI. I guess I am spoiled with our home based timeshare in Orlando Florida, where there are so many more ammenities than the Cliffs. I would only recommend the Cliffs for single couples , newlyweds or older couples that want to relax the whole time in their unit. I am relieved that we didn't bring our children, otherwise it would have been a very loooong vacation. There was absoutly nothing for guests to participate in besides the pool & hottub. Although there was a pool table on site (if you play pool).I was very dissapointed that a $50 fee was assessed if internet was requested in your unit. Even Super 8 hotels give free internet?? We also received a sales call from a bank asking to lower our credit card interest rate. How did they get our individual unit #?? Although the unit was very clean and supplied with everything you needed for the week and the decor was lovely, the layout of the unit was questionable. Why would you have such a large closet in each unit. I would have used this space to maybe enlarge the bedroom for a king size bed. I am sorry to say that I would not stay at the Cliffs again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grammieNewYork
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2009

We arrived at 1:30 and were not able to get our room untiil 4:00, which is the posted check-in time, which was fine with us. We went to Red Rock Casino a few miles away to kill a few hours, and that worked out well.

Once we got in our unit and assessed what we would need from the store, we headed to close-by Wal-Mart, which is also an enormous grocery store. Best to go with a specific list made in advance, otherwise you will be overwhelmed and spend hours there.

The unit included two small boxes of laundry detergent. I always bring a few dryer sheets (how easy that is for packing), and I also bring my own small plastic bottle of detergent, just in case. There were four adults, so we did use all of it, although I imagine you could get more.

There is a small bottle of dish soap in the kitchen, plenty of towels and potholders, paper towels, toilet tissue, and facial tissue is there, with excess in the vantities. There are also plenty of trash bags, but the bags are terrible quality and break easily, so be careful.

The beds are all queen sized. I knew this before I went, so I want to say I wasn't disappointed, but I still was. Every time I trade my timeshare, we have a large king-bedroom and usually a whirlpool tub. I have king at home, so we found the queen a little challenging. My last few trades have also had amazing mattresses and great sheets. I did not find this to be the case at the Cliffs. One of our face towels in the master bath was so threadbare and grayish that it looked like a car washing towel. Nothing was plush, same for the pool towels. I hated the comforter and blanket on the bed, the scratchy, not comfy type. The room was small and wouldn't have accommodated a king bed, though, so there is nothing they can do about that.

I was underwhelmed by the master bath. There was a long countertop but only one sink, and it was so low by todays' standards. Very dated. Shower was fine, great water pressure, and the tub was a bit oversized and quite comfortable. Minimal towels given.

We didn't need to use any front desk services, but the people there seemed very pleasant. The pool area and hot tub area were just lovely, very well maintained, and the four built-in gas grills are fantastic. The area where the grills are is well lit and very clean. We grilled outside twice, and it was fantastic. Near the grills is an outdoor fireplace for those wanting to eat outdoors at the high-top table by the fireplace.

If you like to exercise on vacation, the fitness center leaves much to be desired, in my opinion. Two treadmills, neither calibrated to the right speed or incline. The belt was loose on one of them, and they are dated . There are NO free weights at all. Two treadmills, 3 bikes, 1 eliptical, and a universal. The area is small and hot. People were propping the door open with the trashcan. No towels provided in the gym, and I can honestly say I haven't been to a resort through my RCI trades that didn't offer towels and cleaning solutions in the gym to disinfect the equipment after someone sweats on it.

The fireplace in the living room of this two-bedroom unit was wonderful - turn on with a switch and really warmed you up nicely. The kitchen was equipped with what we needed for cooking. The cabinets and vanities should ALL be replaced immediately. They are old, rotting in parts, difficult to operate. There is nothing updated whatsoever as far as vanities and cabinets. I'm on vacation, I want to feel like I am being pampered.

I read on Trip Advisor to ask for a second floor unit due to bugs. We did not see a single bug and we did have a second floor unit. The unit was very clean when we arrived.

Horribly, at 5:00 a.m. or at 6:00 a.m. EVERY DAY, the maintenance people are dragging pool chairs around while they are cleaning - the noise is like nails on a chalkboard. And we were on the second floor!!!! They are noisily dragging trash cans around and pool chairs. It is not fun to wake up that early in the morning because of loud noise dragging around by your unit.

The shuttle service provided by the Cliffs is TOP NOTCH. Their system is working wonderfully - you make a reservation to go to the strip or Freemont Street, and you have a seat on the van - a beautiful, comfortable van. Steve is an amazing asset to the resort, if you are lucky enough to get him as your driver. There are three drivers that we saw during our week. They are efficient and always on time. They'll drop you off to do grocery shopping, too, and come back for you. Extremely accommodating and easy to use. We had a rental car and still used the shuttle almost every day. Be sure to tip these guys.

There is no free wifi in the rooms, kind of unheard of these days, but they do have a computer room where you can go online and print for free. I brought my laptop because I needed to check in with work all week, and it cost me $50 to have internet access in the room.

If you are staying at the Cliffs, be sure to visit Red Rock Resort and Casino - it is lovely. Check out their pool area, beautiful! The casino is really nice there, and it's only about 10 minutes away (you'll need a car, the shuttle doesn't go there).

In closing, although we had a wonderful vacation, enjoyed the weather and being with our friends, had a fun time in Las Vegas, this is not a resort we would chose again in the future. With the maintenance fees and dues we pay for our timeshare, we can get much better. I think we actually lost money on this trade, as I imagine we could have rented it for less than our fees and trade upgrade.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank TakeMeWithYou_7
West Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

This hotel or resort is lovely. Would thoroughly recommend it. Staff are so helpful and polite, rooms were brilliant, spacious and clean, pool was a godsend and also the hotel put on a free shuttle to the strip which was excellent if you booked early enough to get on it because the strip is around 20 minutes drive. However, if i went again I would hire a car because where the resort is, its very easy to drive in and also driving onto the strip is fine. Yes its busy but the traffic is fairly slow and also all the large hotels offer free parking so it would have been easier to have gone to which ever hotel you wanted to visit this way.
The only downside to this hotel is the presentation they get you to attend regarind time share. They are extremly pushy and it took 4 people before they seemed to understand the word no! It took up 2 hours of our short time in Vegas and they were trying to persuade us to take out finance or a loan in order to take part which i think is very irresponsible. So if you visit just say NO :-)

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2009

On our first stay at The Cliffs we found that it is quiet, away from the strip and comfortable. On our second stay we found the same peace and quiet. However, we made the mistake of asking if discounted tickets to shows were available to RCI members. We told discounted tickets were available by attended a breakfast meeting. We made it very clear that we did not want to listen to another sales presentation. We were assured no sales presentation would be involved, but we did have to attend the breakfast meeting to be offered discounted tickets. Guess what! We had to say no at the end of another sales presentation and wasted 2 hours of a commissioned salesman’s time. When we returned to The Cliffs we were asked to pay $78.00 for a $100.00 show tickets and forgo the $100 cash for attending the breakfast meeting. If we took the $100 we could not have the discounted tickets. Talk about misrepresentation and double talk. Be prepared to attend the same breakfast meeting, everyone is asked to attend. Oh yes, on our last stay, free high-speed wireless Internet was available from a few rooms and around the pool area. Now everyone is being asked to pay $49.95 a week for the upgraded service that is now available in all rooms. Apparently, they will stop charging when guests have paid for the upgrade. In our home timeshare, the owners would have paid for this upgrade, not the guests who trade their time. All in all you will enjoy your stay, just remember that you will be asked to attend a breakfast meeting.

• Liked — Quiet and comforable
  • Disliked — Another sales presentation
  • Stayed February 2009
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank wcwnowretired
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2009

My husband and I checked into this resort the day after Thanksgiving. We reserved this unit through an RCI exchange. Our unit was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. It was nice and large. It was a little disappointing that the master bedroom did not have a king size bed, but I knew this going into it and after I saw the size of the bedroom, a queen bed is really all that would fit. The unit was simply furnished, with huge closets. It looks like this complex was not a purpose build timeshare place, it looks like it was probably a residential property prior, but it was still very nice. My only complaint was the tile in the showers was not cleaned properly. There was a lot of mold/mildew in the corners. This is something a good cleaning would take care of.

The location is about 15-20 minutes from the Las Vegas strip, but our main purpose of going to Las Vegas was not the strip.

It's a great location to Red Rock Canyon which we visited, and Red Rock Casino is only a couple of exits away if you want to do the casino thing. They have a huge bingo hall it was a lot of fun. I've never played "big time" bingo before. 13 games in one hour, what a thrill!

We did not swim in the pool, but it looked very nice and other people were in the pool, so I assume it was fairly warm. We did go in the hot tub and it was nice after a day of hiking.

There is a great place close by for breakfast/lunch it's called Eggworks. Just ask the front desk for directions. You definitly need a car at this location. It's easy access to the interstate, which can take you to Hoover Dam (30-40 minutes).

While we were in Las Vegas we also took advantage of kayaking below the Hoover Dam with Desert Adventures. Did flightlines through Bootleg Canyon with Bootleg Canyon Flightlines. A couple of places we ate at were Todd's Unique Dining in Henderson and The Bistro in Boulder City.

This was a fantastic vacation and would highly recommend this location to anyone that is looking for something different to do in Las Vegas.

Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank Sue0121
Chicago IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2009

The Cliffs is the perfect place to stay if you want to have your very own Vegas condo! Equipped with full kitchen, living room, dining area and washer/dryer this is a home away from home. The bathroom was nice and the bedroom had a closet the size of most NY apartments! Great pool, small but comfortable. Near all the hidden treasures of Vegas, would stay here again, and again.

• Liked — The cleanliness, friendliness and comfortable accomodations
  • Disliked — Difficulty checking in...
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hteteachr