“Forget the shows - take this tour!”

Desert Fox Hummer Tours
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Hopefully you can do both, but if your budget will only stretch to either the Desert Fox Hummer Tour or a Vegas show, then make sure you do the Desert Fox trip. We had a memorable tour to the red rocks, thanks to our driver Forrest who was an expert on the local fauna and flora. Highly recommended.

Our 4-hour tour into the Nevada desert to the red rocks was something we shall always remember, and our thanks to all at Desert Fox for providing us witth such a great visit to the red rocks, particularly our driver Forrest who as well as a fund of knowledge on the fauna and flaura, also ensured we

2  Thank HytheTony

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Booked for the Valley of Fire tour which according to the website starts with a stop at Hoover Dam before proceeding to the valley of fire. We went straight to the Valley of Fire and on the way back I asked Richard (the tour guide) whether we were heading to the Hoover Dam now. Our tour co-incided with the government shutdown but I knew the Hoover Dam was still open. Richard told me it was closed and when I questioned this, he said Lake Mead was closed and the road to Hoover Dam goes through Lake Mead. I don't think this is correct, but even if it is, why wasn't I told that part of the tour couldn't be delivered (which would give me the option of canceling) or offered a partial refund? There was no mention on their website neither and they are still continuing to offer this tour with no mention of Hoover Dam not being accessible. As I really wanted to see Hoover Dam, this was extremely disappointing and I feel cheated.

5  Thank rafrew
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I took the Valley of Fire Hummer tour with Richard from Desert Fox. The tour was slated for 1 pm. Richard picked us up promptly at 1pm. There were five people in our party and we fit into the Hummer nicely and comfortably. Richard allowed us to get out and ramble and take unlimited pictures at each stop at the Valley of Fire. He provided water for each of us which was helpful as the desert is very dry for those of us not used to the climate. Overall, it was an awesome experience and the Valley of Fire is an impressive place. Do yourself a favor when in Vegas, take the tour of the Valley, it is worth every dime you will spend.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I wanted my son and I to see some scenery while in Las Vegas. Richard at Desert Fox couldn't have been more accommodating! No one else signed up for the tour, and I was worried they would cancel it. Nope, no problem. We had Richard and his yellow hummer all to ourselves. He let us take our time and wander all we liked. We never felt rushed. Richard made it a fun day for us both.

1  Thank Quebec_Yankee
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I took the Desert Safari tour to Goldsprings, NV. Richard was on time, pleasant about asking to change me to an afternoon tour so he could combine people, and very conscious about keeping our group safe during our adventures. He went out of his way to explain everything from why we needed to kick the rocks first before picking one up to how other not responsible tourists have ruined the mine exploration experiences due to them not listening to their guides. The Pioneer Saloon visit was great and the memoribilia wonderful to see. Although Richard was responsible and did not drink, he allowed those who wished to have a beer, to do so before we left. The group had not had a chance to see the famous iconic Las vegas Welcome sign and he drove us there to get pictures as well, which was not part of our tour. A great day trip with a great guy-Thanks Richard!

1  Thank K C