“I Are Nascar and so can you!”

Richard Petty Driving Experience
Book In Advance
More Info
US$288.99*
and up
Richard Petty Driving Experience at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
More attraction details
Owner description: Take the wheel or ride along at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I saw this a while back and thought I have to try it sometime. Days of Thunder. Olden arcade games. Beforehand I thought that whilst I may go quick, it might be a little bit dull. How wrong I was! Wow! I booked 30 laps. Staying 3 car lengths behind at 135mph is awesome and so is the noise, the speed and the challenge. The car is light with high BHP. The smell reminds you of go karting but racing these is exciting. The instructors are great too. Racing nascar vehicles is a test of reaction, concentration and I wish I would have done more laps in hindsight. Try this out once. You'll love it. After the experience I was given a photo, plaque for it to go on, certificates and a toy dog wearing a t-shirt.

1  Thank Carlos_Yabrudy
All reviews
"rookie experience"
in 38 reviews
"las vegas motor speedway"
in 22 reviews
in 8 reviews
"once in a lifetime"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Oh what fun it is to ride.....I highly recommend this place. Even if you just do a Ride-A-Long. My husband did the 18 laps and was thrilled. Everyone is very professional without being "stuffy." I guarantee you'll have a great time.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have never been so relaxed at riding around at 135 mph, this was such an awesome experience and worth every penny.

After going around three laps at 135 mph, you have a new found respect for the 43 drivers that do this for a living...it's a real thrill.

The cost was buy one get the second half price, so it turned out to be cheaper than we had expected but both my husband and I felt safe and relaxed riding around.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My son, age 26, has always wanted to drive a race car. And this time he did--he drove car 13 to 133 MPH and on each lap his times were improving. He had a ball.

They begin with instruction; the participants are then fitted with driving suits, helmets, and after some wait are put into a car. They drive 8 laps. And then they talk about it. And he has talked about it ever since.

Worth $500? I suspect he will have the memory the rest of his life, and I helped share in it. Yes, I think so.