“Gondola Wedding”

Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Gondola Wedding”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Wedding was on 12/31/13 for the Gondola selection at the Venetian, due to it being specialty day the price was $500 more than normal, so roughly $2000 for their lowest package with tax and the video added separately. The package included a photographer for ½ an hour. The Gondola wedding/ride is 15 minutes with roughly 15-20 minutes of photos afterwards in two spots at the hotel.

Prior to calling and booking the Gondola wedding I specifically asked about obtaining the digital images of the wedding photos and they said it was handled by an independent contractor (Cashman Photos) and that it was an option but they had no idea what the pricing would be but gave no indication it would be exorbitant in price, so I did not hire an independent photographer. This was really my mistake because I assumed the Venetian hotel and employees would conduct themselves in a professional and honest manner.

The Gondola wedding itself was nice and the video turned out well. The problem and the low rating for this experience is what came afterwards with the photos and is the reason why the blame falls on the Venetian. The Cashman/Venetian wedding photo appointment is in the same office as the wedding Gondola salesperson for the Venetian, their desk to the right roughly 1.5 feet from the photo desk with no divider wall (L10 of Venetian Hall). So they basically lied about having no idea about the photo prices since they are in the same office and the Venetian wedding salesperson sat in the same office while the Cashman salesperson was explaining the pricing, it was definitely an awkward moment.

If you want only the digital images, NO PRINTS, its $700, basically absurd, their photo print packages are equally absurd starting at $1398.20. The digital images on CD alone are over double what you’ll pay for a professional photographer to come out to take your photos of the event and copy your photos to a laptop or pen drive.

If you want to do the Gondola Wedding at the Venetian then I would strongly recommend you hire your own photographer unless you enjoy being abused in the wallet after memorable events. You’ll also notice by browsing other reviews I’m just one of many complaining about the photography at the Venetian, just keep in mind you are really only paying for the 15 minute Gondola ride and the 13 flowers, I would not call the photography session a benefit for those prices.

Visited December 2013
16 Thank PhotoStickerShock

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Our Romantic Gondola Wedding”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Let me just say...WOW!! Our wedding day surpassed any and all expectations I had for it! I first visited the Venetian about five years ago, and while there, I spotted a bride and groom in one of the gondolas. The image stayed with me as one of the most romantic things I had ever seen - then a year ago I became engaged and knew immediately how and where I wanted to get married! I felt nothing short of a princess on our wedding day. The entire team at the Venetian - our wedding planner Rebecca Stebbins, the on-site planner Heather Curt, our minister Pastor Jack Williams, and both the videographer and photographer - were extremely professional and friendly! I was so nervous and excited before the ceremony started, and they really helped calm my nerves. As soon as I met them, I knew everything was going to go smoothly. Our wedding on the gondola was very intimate and special, and the video included in our package captured the ceremony and experience PERFECTLY. We were very happy that we were allowed to write our own vows - Pastor Jack worked around what we said to each other to create the perfect ceremony. My husband and I cry every time we watch the video, and it was so exciting to share the video with our friends! Although we chose to have our ceremony and day private with just the two of us, we also enjoyed feeling like celebrities for the day, as everyone who saw us getting married cheered for us! The icing on the cake was going to the Shania Twain concert after our wedding and being brought up on stage to meet Shania! (Sorry folks, this is not included in the wediding package.) ;-) Seriously though, my husband and I could not be happier with how our wedding day went, and we applaud the entire wedding staff at the Venetian for being the perfect complement to an absolutely breathtaking venue!! Bravo, and thank you for an unforgettable experience!!

3 Thank Brandy V
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Weddings”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Our wedding was 10/19/2013. It was absolutely an amazing experience. Have nothing bad to say about the experience. I would recommend them for any type of wedding. Rebecca Stebbins was wonderful. Professional, prompt and most of all genuine. Everything fell into place and she listened and addressed every detail. Can't say enough about her!!!

2 Thank carmontrout
Chandler, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vow Renewal at the Venetian”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My beautiful wife and I decided 2 years ago to renew our vows on our 25th wedding anniversary in Las Vegas. After much searching for the perfect location, we decided on The Venetian Hotel and we are so glad that we did. Working with Caroline Yenly on the ceremony was an absolute pleasure and our only disappointment was that she could not join us on that day because of the birth of her daughter. (Congratulations Caroline!) Rebecca Stebbins filled in admirably and coordinated the ceremony expertly. As far as the reception goes, we decided to stay with The Venetian and have it at the Canaletto Restaurant, We began working with Kelly Mendez, but soon Brooke Prendes took over and things could not have been handled any better. Everything we asked for was provided and the food and the service at the reception was exceptional.

Thanks to all at The Venetian who made our special day run so smoothly.

1 Thank Cecil W
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Just what we wanted”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Having never been to Vegas before, we plucked the Venetian out as our wedding venue above all other offerings. The venetian itself is an amazing building both inside and out. Once we got in touch with our wedding planner, everything fell into place. Rebecca Stebbings was an absolute pleasure to correspond with from across the pond here in the UK. We wanted a short and sweet ceremony and it was absolutely perfect. The photographer who comes with the package is also truely amazing - we have so many amazing pictures of day and would recommend the venetian as a wedding venue to anybody who wants to get married in Vegas.

Visited August 2013