“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 bubbles

41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 282 helpful votes
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had seen Penn & Teller and decided to try the club after I was given a ‘free drinks for ladies’ flyer.

The club appeared to have no dress code, we were smart but others were very casual. It was the beginning of the night so the place was pretty quiet, we got our drinks, there was some confusion over whether he had to pay for his and the barman got very rude even though it was a genuine mistake, we were sober and not making a fuss – it seemed a bit like a power trip for him. We sat outside and the views were spectacular, it was however pretty windy which got a bit annoying after a while. The club did start to thicken out but it was pretty small and nothing special.

For my second drink I went to the outside bar where I was told I could not have free drinks as they were only served inside which I though odd.

If you find yourself at the Rio and can get in for free then do take a look but if you have to pay or make a special trip don’t bother.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank BamMargera

Alexandria, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great Views of Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Attended Voodoo my last night in Vegas. It has amazing views of the Vegas Skyline. I tried the infamous Witch's Brew. It has about three different alcohol ingredients. It tastes like a Rum Punch. They dry ice makes it bubble. The DJ was great. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Courtney L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“VERY DISAPPOINTING”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I was EXTREMELY disappointed with this place. The view was spectacular but that's about the only thing that was.
A group of ten of us from Calgary were in Vegas celebrating our friends 40th birthday. We had pre-booked two VIP packages for the celebration online via Vegas.com. According to the website we were suppose to receive two bottles of spirits plus 18 bottles of beer with the one package and then one other bottle of spirits with the second package. When we arrived at Voodoo they told us that we were only getting two bottles and the beer as they said on the website that it says two bottles or 18 beer and one bottle through the second package. I double checked the Vegas.com site again when I got home and we were correct in what we thought. We paid for a total of 3 bottles and 18 beer and didn't get them.
The other MAJOR issue with the lounge is that we arrived by 11:00pm and got all settled in and were having a nice time dancing to the great music and enjoying the view when all of a sudden at 1:00am they shut everything down and told us to leave as they weren't busy enough so they decided to close. We spent nearly $1300 ahead of time for our evening there and got kicked out after 2 hours and only finishing one full bottle because they decided to close 3 hours early. This is completely unprofessional and not at all acceptable. We tried speaking with a manager from the Rio hotel and at first she seemed like she cared about our issues. She told us it was "unacceptable" and "this is Vegas, we are a 24/7 city". She told us she was going to look into it and let us know what was going on but after waiting for almost 30 minutes for her to return, it was clear she didn't care.
I would not recommend this place to anyone!

13 Thank Erin M
Edmonton, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Always a good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We always have a good time at the Voodoo Lounge. Great atmosphere and always great music. This is my 5th time back and always return because the music is not the typical techno/house music that all the clubs seem to play. Only reason I did not give this an "excellent" rating is we were disapointed to find out that they no longer have the $75 all you can drink option. Still will not deter us from going again though.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Kylene K
London, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Fun night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

A group of us went here for a night out. It was a brilliant night out, the view is outstanding and the music was good. Would happily return next time I go to Vegas.

Visited June 2014