“Really good food, not a great experience”

Ellis Island Casino & Brewery
Ranked #50 of 456 things to do in Las Vegas
New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Really good food, not a great experience”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We went there to get the inexpensive steak dinner. The food was amazing, and an incredible deal. I especially liked the root beer. The only problem was the wait was horrible, nearly two hours in an almost empty restaurant. There was not very much room to sit while waiting, most of our party had to stand. We got there and they said it would be a 30-40 minute wait. After 1.25 hours, we asked how much longer they thought it would be (we were really hungry). They said when they had told us "30-40 minutes," it meant "30-40 minutes or more." Finally about twenty or thirty minutes after that, we were seated. The really annoying part was that the restaurant was not busy: there were so many empty tables, hardly anybody was in there. I don't understand why they couldn't have seated us sooner. The server himself was very pleasant and friendly, the food was good, everything was fine after the horrendous wait. I guess if you like to play the casino while waiting, you won't mind it.

3 Thank Julia V

Sunnyvale, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Finally the Vegas Food Deals I remember....”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

So not that I dont love a good $40-60 Steak (on its own) from a really nice steakhouse, but I can get that at home so when I come to Vegas, its about gambling a bit, seeing shows, thinks I cant often do at home. I started going to Vegas in the mid 1990's, and when you would drive down the stirp. one of the things you would see on the Marquee was food specials:

$2.99 Ham and Eggs, $5.99 steak and eggs All Day, $1.99 Hot Dog and a Heineken...not to mention how cheap the buffets used to be. So as much as I love Vegas, one of the things I used to love was the cheap meals. Now, you just dont see those much anymore. Until I discovered Ellis Island. A friend turned me onto it, weve had the same conversation about the transformation of Vegas so decided to give it a try.

Cooked to order medium Steak, baked potato, salad with good Bleu Cheese dressing and sauteed veggies and a large micro beer for $8.99? This is the kind of Vegas food deal I have been longing for.

Its in an older smaller Casino, but it kind of reminds me of a dive bar, its the kind of place I could see coming to with some friends, getting on a cheap blackjack or craps table and having a fun night, but Im not there really to gamble, Im there for food prices of the 1990's.

2 Thank Tim T
Chicago, Illinois
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Don't bother (casino only)”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I walked from Bally's in the heat (not far) and when I got there they only had two Blackjack tables running and both were full with people hovering. No craps table running. That was it. All this hype about $5 tables, cheap craps, etc. and nothing running. And this was 10pm on a Wed night. Lame. The people in the bar doing karaoke looked like they were haveing fun though. Very small casino so if not going for the food and other stuff, don't bother.

1 Thank TravelGuy72
Houston, Texas, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“This place is GREAT!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

If I am in Vegas on a Thurs with time to kill I swing in for the Thursday special. This place is great. It is a quick walk behind the strip. I'd say it was about 2 blocks behind Bally's. The pizza is great and I really like the beer. I see the other specials for other days look good. I really should try them out. The place is clean and the staff is nice. It's a nice place to hit for a quick/cheap bit.

2 Thank Ty C
Ashland, Alabama
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Place”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The shuttle bus picked up from the hotel. Stanley the driver was very nice and helpful. The casino doesn't look all that great from the outside but the food in the café was very good and inexpensive. We had the breakfast and the portions are more than generous. Eat and gamble here--you won't be disappointed.

Visited August 2013