“Wonderful!!! Would love to stay there again.”

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #6 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Branson, Missouri
“Wonderful!!! Would love to stay there again.”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We had a 2100 sq. ft. 3 bedroom condo for a week. This was condo was perfect for us as we had our oldest son and his girlfriend and our younger son. You enter through a locked door into a foyer area. Then you have 2 locked doors. The main condo had the master bedroom with a fabulous bath, 2nd bedroom with 2 beds and private bath, living room, dining room and kitchen. The other unit had a master bedroom, bath, kitchen, dining area and living room. Both units had a washer and dryer. The views of the strip were spectacular with floor to ceiling windows in every room. The master bath had a huge soaking tub (with a smaller window overlooking the strtp) and dual head shower for the perfect romantic night. The location was perfect for walking to the strip as we were right across the street from the Miracle Mile Shops and Hilton Grand Vacations. There is a Walgreens at the end of the block on the strip and many restaurants within walking distance. The sandwiches in the Marketplace on property were reasonably priced and very good. The security is excellant as you have to show your room key to get to the elevators and have your key to access the elevators after a certain hour. There is only valet parking and you couldn't call down to have your car waiting so allow an extra 10-15 minutes to have your car brought out. The 38th floor bar and pool are being renovated but it was too cold to swim anyways. We were told if we wanted to swim we could use the Carriage House pool which is right behind them. There is construction going on as they are building a restaurant and another pool but we didn't hear to much noise from it. Very quiet resort so if you are looking for a party place this is probably not it. Felt like we were at home, very cozy and comfortable.

Room Tip: Tower 1 offers the best views from all rooms unless you are on a high floor then both towers should...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rogerstk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (902)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Spent 2 nights here after being recommended by some friends. Rooms are great, although may look to some as a bit dated. Kids enjoyed the space (3 hotel rooms converted to a suite) and the fact that we could walk to the Strip and come back whenever we wanted was a plus, especially since we had kids in tow. Bought groceries in the premises, appreciated the convenience

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

Gives the appearance of being older than it is. Dull, dark, dingey and drab. Am an avid Marriott fan and travel every week for business but once was enough for this spot. Used points to stay here and it cost a lot due to the upper level of property classification...I would have preferred a lower level Marriott hotel like a new Fairfield to this one. No on site restaurant, no self parking (valet only is free with tip but comes with the resulting inherent wait time). Disappointed...no wow factor; expected better especially after reading the reviews. Not my cup of tea but the property was busy and appears to have a following.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue R
Centerville, Ohio
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 4,161 helpful votes
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort is located ½ block east of the Strip and directly east of City Center. Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort is an extremely desirable Vegas property. If you are ready for an upscale holiday in Vegas this is THE Place! Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort is a perfect holiday retreat for families and for couples. We always take delight in seeing multi-generations using several condo units to holiday. Our advice is to reserve a two bedroom or at least a one-bedroom property. Please do not “settle” for a studio unit.

Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort is one of the newest Resorts in Vegas. We think it impossible for all of the Marriott Vacation Club owners to agree on “the best” Marriott Vacation Resort.

We observe that many guests of Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort are either Marriott “timeshare” owners or owners of other branded timeshares. Other guests may have “booked” Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort, and may not quite be certain of the difference between Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort and the Las Vegas Marriott Hotel.

The Las Vegas Marriott Hotel offers “resort hotel” amenities such as daily maid service, on-property dining areas, and general “hotel” features. Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort does not provide free daily maid service, and on property dining is very limited. This is not a negative because there are 500+ “restaurants” within minutes.

Ok: the primary difference is that many guests in Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort have either purchased a deeded timeshare week or the newer Marriott Destination Points (Not Marriott Reward Points.) However, Marriott Reward Points may be used to book Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort, and one might simply book Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort as one reserves any hotel property. If you are a Marriott’s Reward member, please display your Marriott Elite card to enjoy enhanced villa accommodations.

My wife and I have been “timesharers” for 30+ years, and timesharing with all of it’s advantages and disadvantages is a lifestyle choice. We purchased Marriott's Ocean Pointe Resort while on Holiday. We now own six Marriott Resorts and six additional non-Marriott resorts for our holidays.

In general folks who elect to purchase vacation properties enjoy independent navigation, and like the advantages of condo holidays at a premium resort that is “first class.” In addition to the purchase price, we pay an annual maintenance fee of about $1,100.00 per week of ownership. We either exchange into Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort through Marriott or through Interval International (please Goggle the terms) to many other “Timeshares” throughout the U.S. and the world. We have holidayed in nearly all Marriott U.S. Vacation Clubs. In our view, Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort, while in Vegas is as nice as the Newport CA Beach Marriott Vacation Club. And some years we do enjoy both Vegas and the Pacific beaches.

We understand that an automobile is essential, and we fly into Vegas, select a car rental, and holiday. We cherish the nearby Albertson’s supermarket for morning breakfast preparation, take breakfast and coffee in our condo, and either dine out at the many Vegas area restaurants or prepare lunches and dinners at our condos. All condos are equipped with washers and dryers. My wife is a list maker, and she determines if we are going shopping, visiting local casinos, taking day trips to the Grand Canyon N.P., to Bryce N.P., or to Zion N.P., and selecting the restaurants.

We always rent GM OnStar vehicles, and we seem to “know” Vegas fairly well. Marriott's Grand Chateau Resort offers a much-needed carefree luxury holiday. We shall return again and again

Room Tip: Try to avoid current Marriott construction. We like a view of the Strip, but a mountain view to the...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SavantIII_11
Toronto
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Although it may seems surplus to requirments to have a restaurant on site, with so many fine restaurants close by, but when travelling with kids it's nice to have the option of in hotel dining or room service. Maybe with the ongoing construction of the new towers, there will be a restaurant added.
Also, the pool wasn't open during our stay, a big loss.
Overall, the hotel is fine and does it's job of keeping you close to the vegas action.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
dianeandjohn
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

The property was as beautiful as other Marriott properties we've stayed at, and for the most part the staff was accommodating. There was construction going on, which we knew in advance, but the noise was kept to a minimum and didn't disturb us. We had some appliance issues, and had to call for repairs to both our dishwasher and our clothes dryer. The property has a shuttle to the supermarket, which is very handy, but it only runs Saturday through Tuesday, so mid-week restocking can lead to expensive taxi rides, and did. We were disappointed that on our last night when we realized we had run short of coffee for the next morning, the front desk refused to give us a packet to get us through and we had to go buy an entire pound of coffee, most of which went to waste. Being Marriott Rewards platinum members we expected better.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Anywhere
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed here for three nights while attending a conference in town. I am a loyal Marriott customer and chose to stay here rather than at the MGM Grand where the conference was.

Here's the good:

It was an easy 10 minute walk to the MGM Grand each morning. The hotel is located about half a block off the strip so everything on the strip is easily accessible. There is no restaurant on the property but there are dozens of choices within a few minute walk. The Miracle Mile Shops of Planet Hollywood are right across the street and there are several nice restaurants right on the strip including Smith & Wollensky.

The room I had was very nice, clean, and comfortable. There were ample towels and the bed linens were of high quality. There were no stains on the carpets or furniture and the halls were clean and quiet. There is ongoing construction on the site which I did not find to noticeable. This hotel does not provide an airport shuttle but the cab ride is short and not to expensive.... as long as the driver takes you direct and not the long way in an attempt to pad the fare.

The bad:

Upon arrival I presented my credit card as I always do when cheking in, it's the same card that has been attached to my profile for 6 years. When I checked out they informed me that the $100 incidentals charge would be credited back and I went on my way to the airport. Within 30 minutes of checking out I received notice from the credit card company of fraudulent activity on my card. I did not use this card anywhere else in Vegas. There were attempted online purchases that were denied and a successful charge for iPhone accesories. I immediately called the hotel and spoke to loss prevention and the front desk manager. I explained to them what happened and asked them to investigate. They kept saying the only charges on my card were for the room. I explained three times that somone had taken the card number and used it online which they still did not understand. Upon returning home I received a message from the manager basically telling me to check with my credit card company because their system is secure. The next day I called MVCI to lodge a complaint and never received a call back. It seems like it wasn't a very big deal to them. I was disappointed in the response I received from the property and the fact that I did not receive a call back from MVCI. While I will remain a loyal Marriott customer I will not stay at this property again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
13 Thank poncherello1