“Loved our stay here”

Ranked #6 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
toronto
“Loved our stay here”
Reviewed 15 October 2008

loved the Marriott Grand Chateau! we go to Vegas a few times a year (from Canada) and usually stay at the Hilton when exchanging our timeshare, but the hilton is right at the end of the strip so was excited when the Marriott opened. The location is great! its a 1 min walk to the side of the Planet Hollywood mall which is full of great shops and restaurants. To the actual strip its 3 mins at the most. Seeing as most of the hotels on the strip are massive and set back from the actual road the time from Marriott to strip would be the same as MGM hotel room to strip.

The only negative thing would be at night you have to walk down a road to the hotel rather than through a hotel, would not suggest that for women on their own at night...better to go through the planet hollywood mall to the side entrance or take a cab if late at night. Whenever I was walking late at night with my husband down the street there were always people around, but I did think to myself I would not feel comfortable without my hubby there. This is not a huge deal just the only negative thing I could think of about this location.

The one bedroom suite was like an apartment, it was amazing to come home to every day and felt more like 'home' than a hotel room. Having a full kitchen saved us money as we went to the grocery store the first day so we didnt have to have every meal out. The room was on-par with any of the rooms Ive stayed in the MGM, Luxor etc. but obviously way bigger! Theres a large TV in the living room area and a smaller one in the master. Nice large tub that fits 2 in the master. Shower has a 2 shower head either side!

The hotel has a shuttle that goes to the grocery store and to the Fashion Mall opposite the Wynn so very convenient.

I would definitely stay here when I come back to Vegas. Unlike other timeshare hotels we were not bothered about going to a presentation at all (just a few phonecalls) and the staff were extremely nice. My hubby needed to send a fax and the front desk guy was so helpful printing it for us for no charge.

definitely recommend the Grand Chateau!

• Liked — large one bedroom suite felt like home, location
  • Disliked — having to walk down a street off the string at night
Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sarah-toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (883)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
West Deptford, NJ
Reviewed 6 October 2008

We exchanged our timeshare for the Grand Chateau the week of Sept 21-28. I loved every aspect of this resort and plan to return there next year. The staff was absolutely wonderful, the room was immaculate. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever had and so clean and fresh. The view from the rooftop bar area was gorgeous. The pool was small, but at check in we were told we could make use of larger pools at the Polo Towers and Planet Hollywood if we chose to. No need on our part as we did not come to Las Vegas to swim...lol. They are expanding the property and will have 2 new pools in the next year, so do not count them out if you like to swim. The location is perfect with easy access to the entire strip area. The valet young men were so nice and helpful with directions. I cannot say enough great things about our stay. We did have a one bedroom and so we were really able to spread out and feel at home. The place is very clean, well staffed and just an absolute great place to stay. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
2 Thank atrach88
Weston, FL
Reviewed 26 September 2008

We exchanged our Hilton Head week for a week at the Grand Chateau. We could not have been more impressed. The property is located right off the Strip,directly across the street from Planet Hollywood. MGM, New York New York, Excalibur, Luxor, Mandalay Bay, Monte Carlo and Paris are a very easy walk away. The staff was extremely pleasant. We were asked once - and only once - whether or not we would like to listen to a timeshare presentation. Since we had our days pretty well booked with our guests, we declined and were not asked again. However, we will probably buy at this resort in the future. Currently, two of the four towers are completed and construction on the remaining towers has not begun, so there is no construction noise. We had a two bedroom unit with a full kitchen which was very well appointed. The washer and dryer were small and a full load in the dryer took a long time to dry so I would suggest drying several small loads rather than one large one. The master bedroom is large and had one of Marriott's super comfortable beds. The shower in the master bath had dual shower heads. The living/dining room had a nice table for a meal and a large flat screen tv.There is only a small store with a limited selection of groceries onsite, so if you want to stock up, take advantage of the free shuttle to a nearby grocery store. There is valet parking only, but the valets were incredible. If we called down, the car was always waiting for us. If we didn't call first it took no longer than five minutes to get our car. Don't miss the view at night from the rooftop pool area - and while you're there have a drink at the bar. The pool and hot tub were small but never seemed to be crowded. We plan to return to Vegas in two years and will only stay at the Grand Chateau!

• Liked — The friendliness of the staff
6 Thank wtmarks
Spanaway
Reviewed 17 September 2008

The check in was quick and efficient, and the studio room was nice. I really wanted a 1 bedroom and was told we were getting a 1 bedroom, but oh well, glad I didn't bring my brother and his wife as was planned, there wouldn't have been a place to sleep. There were no washer/dryers in this studio either. Efficiency kitchen was satisfactory. The little store downstairs didn't have much. Walking across the street to the planet holllywood or out 2 blocks to catch a bus were other options. I wasn't impressed.
We stayed on the 33rd floor overlooking the strip and all the construction, not a pretty view right now. Didn't like the fact the pool and bar were on the roof. The time share presentation was no pressure and the units are nice that they are showing, and the prices aren't bad. We have Westin timeshare in Maui and Hilton in Las Vegas, so decided we didn't need another one.

• Liked — it was new
  • Disliked — I had recently had knee surgery and it was difficult to get around other than by taxi
New Jersey
Reviewed 8 September 2008

We made a reservation in another timeshare place about 3 miles off the strip. Huge mistake!!! (Maybe more on that later). Moved to the Grand Chateau on day 2. Stayed in a lock-off room that can sleep 4. (There were 2 of us). This was far above your average hotel room. Very spacious, spotless, comfortable bed with great linens, well equipped kitchenette, huge bathroom, fantastic view of the strip from the 30th floor! All in all....true Marriott quality. Valet parking is very convienient. All of the staff is A+. Very easy walk to the strip through the Miracle Mile Mall (great shops) and Planet Hollywood. The Marriott does not yet have a restaurant up and running but it's in their future plans. If you need something...go inside the mall. There are a ton of great resturants and many of them serve breakfast. Try the "Earl of Sandwich" for a quick bite to eat. Best sandwiches I've ever had! We heard no construction noise. Marketplace store in the lobby seemed to be open all night if you need anything. We would definately stay here again if we ever go back to Las Vegas.

• Liked — Spacious rooms & convenient location
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
5 Thank Lynn50
long island ny
Reviewed 7 September 2008

my wife and i just concluded a week long stay at the chateau as we traded in on an interval exchange and we were quite satisfied with all the place had to offer. we generally stay at the hilton and generally go to vegas 2-3 times a year but opted for a change as we like the home style amenities a timeshare can offer. in general timeshare properties in vegas are well off the strip. this is just right. the side door to the miracle mile at planet hollywood is across the street. and yes the current pool is small and if travelling during a peak family period it could get interesting for space, but there is a larger one on the way over the garage, when i'm not sure. the view from the rooftop pool/bar at nite is what u travelled there for...if u are a photo taker there is a view of the south strip which is spectacular.

a note about slot play...my wife and i are seasoned slot players and lets face it these large hotels are not built by the contributions of winners. we have found the slot play at the casinos on fremont st to be far more generous. so play a bit as u walk through the pyramids of the 21st century but save your money for fitzgeralds or the 4 queens.

the rat pack returns and barbara and frank: the concert that never was shows are highly recommended for entertainment versus cost.

• Liked — proximity and comfort
  • Disliked — pool area
5 Thank samurai4q
Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2008

First, let me say I am a devoted Marriott guest. I have stayed in Marriott properties from the JW to the Fairfield Inn and I stay in Marriott properties because of the consistency in quality.

However, I will never stay at the Grand Chateau again. I went to the property for a timeshare preview and received a smaller studio room. That was okay by me, although I would have preferred the larger one-bedroom.

The property has some positives. It's hard to beat the location, although there is some construction noise during the day, it is not overbearing. You can easily walk across the street to Planet Hollywood and there are several casinos in walking distance. The rooms themselves are nice and the bathrooms are more than acceptable.

My problem stems with the service. Maybe Vegas hotels can afford to be a little less than accomodating because people will always go there to visit and they are still building hotels left and right so if one properties doesn't get your business somebody else will certainly follow, especially on weekends.

But I had a major problem with housekeeping in my room. I went out and when I came back the carpet around my kitchenette was soaked and the water seeped into my closet. Housekeeping left towels on the floor to soak up the water, but no explanation followed. We complained and the hotel moved us to a similar room (another studio) paid for cleaning the wet clothes in the closet. We were late for a dinner appointment because of the problem and were disappointed that we didn't get an upgrade in room for our troubles.

We did complain to the manager the next morning and we got half off our room rate. That said, in a city known for comps, I don't understand why we didn't get a better room or get the room comped for one night. The night valet service was also lacking and very slow, even though there weren't many cars on a Sunday night.

I am still loyal to Marriotts but next time I will go to the JW or Marriott Suites. I believe the management there (and I've stayed in both places over the years) serve their customers better. Also, with everything that happened, I would be very reluctant to buy a timeshare at that Marriott property.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business