“Smoke Free & Casino Free!”

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #6 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We love Marriott because, they do it right. The hotel just finished the new pool and was almost finished with a new addition. Our room was on the 37th floor with a wonderful view of the strip. We had a 3 bedroom and it was huge something like 3,100 sqft. The pool was nice but, shaded in parts if you want the sun. The kids club was great but, we wished they had more organized kid activities like other Marriott Vacation Clubs. We would definitely go back. The Gym is huge and very nice. This hotel has free valet parking only. We will stay again.

Room Tip: I would recommend a high room number if possible for the view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank mtvick11
Write a ReviewReviews (3,456)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had the 3 bedroom villa and it was great. Our early check-in request was honored and we were in by 11am. This time the pool and grill was finished. It was well done but a bit smaller than I expected.

The staff was really friendly and helpful. I will be staying here again. My mom and aunt who traveled with me agreed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Danielle W
Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you have anything more complicated than a straight check-in check-out, you will get screwed around, walked in on by housekeeping and rude phone calls by incompetent possibly illiterate staff.

I had to switch from a double king villa to a single (by closing the double door in between units) because Marriott decided not to accept Rewards points for my last night due a calculated date and their hidden agenda, even though there was lots of vacancy. This created of of confusion for the staff. One nice front desk associate told me to just check out and recheck in whenever I wake up the next day for the last night. When housekeeping walked in on me sleeping late the next morning, with the door hanger on outside the room, I figured out they fail to communicate. Then, when I got a call from the front desk telling me check-out time was 10AM, I had to explain what the front desk lady told me the day before, and he was not as kind and basically told me to get tfo of the room as soon as possible. I saw the nice desk lady that day and told her what happened, and she replied, well I didn't expect you to sleep that late. She also explained they can extend checkout time to 12PM noon, so I said please mark my account for the noon checkout on my last day and she entered something into the computer. Of course, when housekeeping walked in on me the next morning at about 1030AM with the door hanger outside again, and the subsequent call from the front desk for turning them away, I had to explain again how I set my checkout for noon. If these people bothered to read, or can read, or bothered to communicate with housekeeping or each other this all could have been avoided. Instead I found myself walked in on twice and patronized and ridiculed by other incompetent staff. Marriott really does not set high intellectual standards for their employees. They are all about under 30, act nice, and have pretty smiles. That's about the limit of their qualifications. Riddle them and they fumble.

I guess I don't mind they built a parking garage into the hotel towers, but every time you want your car you have to tip the valet which is not that big of a deal.

In this new construction however, the metal studs cause the whole walls to vibrate as opposed to wood absorbing the shock energy. They also decided not to insulate the walls between the separate rooms. When someone is in the bathroom next to your bathroom, you could have a conversation and hear every intimate detail.

The pros are the TVs are good LEDs with blu-ray players and USB flash drive inputs. Lots of satellite channels, movie channels, music video channels, no pr0n channels.
The card checkers at the elevators let you bring specials guests up no problem. The kitchens and kitchenettes are well utensiled. I got lots of exercise walking miles everywhere. The casinos are farther apart than they appear. Bring your walking shoes.
Cabs aren't cheap. Driving takes a long time, but is worth it to go far like downtown or to Rio.

Families and geriatrics fill the strip during the day and 20 something wedding parties fill it at night. Prices have gone up everywhere because of the current (less gambling) demographics and casinos have catered to it by building family attractions like m&m, hershey's, and coke shops and roller coasters. But, the entire family still gets exposed to mostly nude stripper cards, skimpy girls, prostitutes, drunken fun, and flashy cocktail waitresses. Whatever floats your riverboat.

Room Tip: Choose no adjacent occupants because walls are not insulated.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank The B
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Grand Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We are sorry to hear about the communication breakdown with the front desk and that your requests could not be accommodated in an efficient manner. We would like to personally respond to your concerns as this is not typical of the service we provide. Please email us at customer.care@vacationclub.com with your preferred method of contact and include your TripAdvisor Username. As an alternative, you may reach us directly by calling 800-860-9384. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here for a week in a 2 bedroom suite and I was very very impressed with the quality of the entire property especially our suite. No gold plated faucets or tile imported from the moon but the size was impressive and I would classify this place as a luxury resort. Steps to the MGM or Planet Hollywood and the strip. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for luxury without paying for the faucets.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank kingofthenorthlv
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My stay at the this Grand Vacations site was wonderful. The concierge reached out to me before and during my stay, and were very helpful and service oriented. The staff here are considerate and also very helpful.
As always, the rooms and beds made my stay here like coming home after a long day of play. The Chateau is across the street from The Miracle Mile and a block away from the dazzle of the strip.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank MicheleRD44
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed at the Grand Chateau for the first time June 15-22. We had a 2 bedroom corner unit with views of the Strip towards the Bellagio. Both bedrooms were spacious with comforable beds. The master bedroom had a king bed with attached bathroom with double sinks, soaker tub, and large shower with double shower heads. The second bedroom had two double beds. There was a bathroom in the hall that served that bedroom and the main living space. The full kitchen was great and had anything we needed. We took the courtesy shuttle to walmart and picked up food and drinks for the week. All the staff we had contact with from check-in to house keeping were friendly and helpful. It was EDC week so we expected it to be crazy but it really wasn't. We were on the 16th floor and rarely heard or seen anyone in the hall. There are daily activities in the lobby or pool area such as bingo, beer or wine tasting, and exercise classes. The lobby area has a bar which had music on the two nights we were down there; great drinks by the way! The hotel is right across the street from the Miracle Mile Mall and a block from the strip. We had no problems walking to the strip and enjoying all it had to offer. It was nice to come back to a hotel where there is no casino to go through to get to the room. There is someone after around 5pm that checks room cards to make sure you are a hotel guest before allowing you on the elevators. There are two outdoor pools on the 5th and top floor. Both are small but they have plenty of chairs to sun in. There are bars by both pools. We had wonderful weather during our week but the pools weren't horribly crowded. This is a timeshare hotel but we chose not to participate in their sales pitch and weren't pressured to do so. Overall, we really enjoyed the location, cleanliness, and comfort this hotel had to offer. The only drawback we found was the lack of a restaurant or room service on site though there are plenty within easy walking distance. I would certainly recommend this to anyone looking for a close off strip hotel and we will definately be back.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the strip, better views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank genesis73
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed twice at this hotel within the past 16 months. The first time was great (and not sure why I didn't write a review), but this visit was lackluster. Both times I visited the hotel has been under construction, but this most recent visit was particularly noteworthy. Half of the elevators was closed (for each of the 7 days of my stay) which resulted in 30+ floors of guests trying to utilize only 3 elevators. Not a great start to a trip, but hopefully that inconvenience will be short lived. The new marketplace didn't seem as well stocked as the old one I remembered from last year, although the Gelato was an excellent addition. We were never bothered by the Vacation Club staff, so no worries there.

But what really triggered me to write this review was a number of negative experiences with the staff. The front desk staff were always courteous and efficient, the valet and doormen were downright surly, housekeeping was inconsistent, and the new "transportation lounge" (where you pick up a taxi) was ridiculously inefficient. First it was hard to find (which triggered one of the multiple negative experiences with valet - the others involving our tour group where the group's driver felt he was treated poorly enough to comment on it to me, and then I experienced it directly when our group returned and I was trying to get out of the van) and then there were never any taxis available because the layout is equally inconvenient to the taxi drivers.

My previous experience would have resulted in a 5 star review, and while getting a lower rating now (because of some of the above issues) the hotel still garners a 4 star review because of everything else it has going for it. Good sized rooms, with 1 BR or 2 BR option for privacy for families, full kitchen (stockable from the store in the lobby or from a Walgreens within walking distance). One block to the strip, or just steps away from the Planet Hollywood shops across the street (so you can walk to the strip - getting very close to the Bellagio fountains upon your exit - through an air conditioned mall).

If we return to vegas, we will likely stay here again and hope some of the construction distraction has passed and they can begin focusing on servicing the customers a little better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family