“The Best Vacation Club”

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #6 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had a room on the 31st floor (3104). The room was very clean and roomy. This room has a Qeen bed, sitting area and kitchette , all one needs t be independent. The bath room was very large with a tub/shower. The staff was one of the best of many hotels I have stayed at. Most people think that "it's a vacation club so they will be after me to buy a vacation unit" the staff NEVER once approached us about buying. The staff bent over to do what ever they could to make our stay pleasent. The cost was only $100.00 per night and in Los Vegas that is a give away.

Room Tip: Attempt to get a room on the 31st floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wheeder
Write a ReviewReviews (3,452)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Well located near the miracle mile mall, Planet Hollywood, and the strip in one direction and the monorail and Hard Rock Hotel in the other gives you convenient choices without being in the zoo of a casino hotel. People at the Hotel were wonderfully helpful. Really great was that the internet was easy to start up, worked well, and included in the price which is different the many of the other Marriott high end properties where you pay for bad internet service. It was also close by one of the discount show/dinner booths. The best buffet in town is directly across the strip at the Monte Carlo. If you get a discount at the discount booth (50% off) you will pay for all you can eat of good food for less than the average restaurant.

Room Tip: Might opt for nearer the elevator as rooms towards the ends are a good walk to it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ralph r
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with five kids for seven nights. We had a three bedroom suite and it was perfect! Three bathrooms, two kitchens. Our kids are teens so it was great! The location is perfect, views are great. I didn't like how small the pool dare and that there is no real restaurant on property. I loved that there is no casino you need to walk through every day and there is plenty around to so. The free parking is great but I think all other hotels have that also. I would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a great time in Vegas (kid free). My fiancé and I travelled with another couple so we could celebrate my 40th B-day as well as get married. First let me say that the front desk staff were amazing. Very helpfull and knowledgeable. I can't remember their names but we saw the same people for most of our 7 day stay. The valet service was great as well as we didn't wait more than 2 or 3 minutes for them to deliver our vehicle. One thing to note, the guy outside by the cab service area seemed to have a deal going with some of the drivers (limos mostly). He gave us a "discounted" price for the Limos but trashed the local cabbies ( who by the way, charged us less). Very unprofessional. We were on the 16th floor and had a 1 bedroom villa with a 1 bedroom lock off. We had a great view and were a quick 2 min walk to the strip.
The lobby, gym and new pool deck (5th fl) were beautiful. It would be nice to see what the property looks like once the reins are completed. On that note, in past reviews there were a lot of negative comments about the construction but it wasn't really a factor in our stay. We hardly noticed it at all!
When you arrive they give you coupons and such, but if you are like us and prefer to relax over dinner don't go to the Brazilian restaurant next door. We were rushed through our entire dinner and had a horrible seating, mediocre food and ok service.
Over all we had a great time and would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for a strip view on a high floor. Beware, if you don't own a timeshare at this establishment...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank D D
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at the Grand Chateau for a week in late July. This was our first time staying at a non casino hotel. We were very pleasantly surprised .
The location was excellent just off the strip and across the street from the Miracle Mile at Planet Hollywood. This was nice as there are many dining options right there for a quick breakfast as well as lunch and dinner. The property is also very nice . It is not overwhelming or overcrowded like some of the other places we stayed and you don't have to walk a mile to get a cup of coffee. The main floor has a bar, a snack shop and a mini Starbucks like cafe, pool table and big screen TVs.
The rooms were very nice . Efficiency suites with a great view.
There are two pools. One was a little crowded with a lot of kids but the rooftop although small was never too crowded and always had chairs available. There is a sky bar at that pool that is open until 11pm.
There is a great gym at the hotel with complimentary use. It has great equipment for weight training and cardio workouts. Compared to the charges at the larger resorts for use of the gym this was a big bonus for me. There was an influx if young partiers on the weekend but they were never an issue as they seemed to go elsewhere to do their partying.
All staff we encountered were helpful and courteous.
We would definitely recommend this for couples or families or groups.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank davenj
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was my family's first time to visit Las Vegas and I booked a room here based on the positive reviews I read. They weren't wrong! We had a 2 bedroom villa, and it was beautiful. The bed was comfortable (and with my bad back, a comfortable bed is a must!), the kitchen was nicely appointed and the staff were very friendly and courteous. It was within walking distance to casinos, yet hotel was quiet, smoke-free and clean. We enjoyed the gym and pool as well. Overall a very pleasant experience. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Beth G
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I was a little skeptical when my husband booked it since I really wanted to be "on the strip" but I was very pleasantly surprised. It was about a block off the main strip and we still had a nice view of it from our window. There were a couple minor issues with our room ( a shower head leaked and the bathroom door wouldn't lock)- they fixed it within 30 minutes of informing them of the problem. The rooms were beautiful and clean, Not having a casino made for a very pleasant smelling lobby. They had star-bucks at their main level (what else do you need?) It was a great family hotel. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were a family of 4-the one bedroom and queen sleeper was perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family