“I loved this place!!”

Ranked #6 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Blue Mountains
“I loved this place!!”
Reviewed 16 December 2010

From the moment I walked into the lobby, I knew I would enjoy staying here! The scent of "Christmas" was evident and the iced water was a welcome refreshment after our long journey here from Sydney, Australia. We arrived at 11 am and, not surprisingly, our room was not ready, so we were able to leave our bags and walk across the street to enjoy the shopping experience in the Miracle Mile. On checking back at reception at 2 pm a room was found, and we were able to move in. The view was nothing special - but that was not why we were there. A few hundred metres from The Strip with loads of restaurants to choose from, and away from the smoky, busy casinos, this resort met all of our expectations. The only down side was our interconnecting room to noisy neighbours for two nights of our stay; but ear plugs are handy at these times, which I always carry with me and it did not disturb my sleep too much. My 14 year old son who was with me was disappointed that there was not a modern flat-screen tv, of course, but there again - who comes to Vegas to watch tv? With what I paid for 7 nights through Interval International, it was the best deal ever, and I would certainly love to go back and stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank LaineyBlueMountains

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (894)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Arizona
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I am a silver elite Marriott member, I asked for a high floor and they put us on the 9th floor, there are 37 floors. We could here the Valet garage honking horns all night long. The rooms are small, we had a 1 bedroom suite, bed was rock hard, and the walls a paper thin, I could hear the older people next door blowing their nose, REALLY!

I am disappointed, and I have learned a lesson. Always stay where you know everything is great. I will only stay at the MGM Signature from now on. A true 5 Star!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank sunbaby39
San Jose, California
Reviewed 23 November 2010

We recently stayed here for three nights while meeting up with family who were celebrating a milestone birthday. While I would not recommend Vegas for families with kids or teens, this hotel was conveniently located to meet up with family living on the East Coast during their celebration in Vegas and kept us out of the smoke-filled casino hotels. The hotel is located one block off the strip, so those looking for the Vegas Experience are steps from the middle of it all. Across from the hotel is the Miracl Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood, which was a good mall for shopping & dining with a teen.

The room at this Marriott Vacation Club looked exactly like the rooms in two other Clubs we've stayed in. They were nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. We stayed on the 5th floor and did not have any issues with noise. The bathroom was especially spacious, but only shampoo is provided. It would be nice if they also provided a small conditioner and lotion, but this is typical at the Marriott Vacaiton Clubs.

Although the weather was not good enough to use the rooftop pool, we did go up to check it out. The walls around it are pretty high, so you have to stand against them and lok over to see the strip, but it's still a nice pool area. It's somewhat small if there are lots of people wantng to use the area, but includes a pool bar.

A great plus was that valet parking is free to Vaction Club owners and those exchanging into the club. We also enjoyed free WiFi in the room and throughout the property. If we ever return to Vegas, we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank MMM2001
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Our sleep was interruped several times every night by very noisy sirens from emergency vehicles (we were on the 30th floor). We did the timeshare presentation. The rep was very friendly until we stated we weren't interested in buying. He then became very rude and resorted to high pressure tactics to try to sell us. Valet only parking is another negative. Never again!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Beware of check out time 10am! We checked out on a Sunday, and requested for late checkout but front desk said no. I am a Marriott Gold and used to getting my late checkout requests, but look out for this because Vegas does get very busy all year long.

Beware of thin walls ! When we checked in I thought we heard drilling and knocking sounds. It was during the day so I wasn't too bothered. At night we were having some sweet moments and downstairs neighbour knocked the wall 3 times to let us know that they heard us - but we were very quiet!!

Other than those two watch-outs, of course the Grand Chateau has more than what you can expect - fully equipped kitchen, big enough sofa lounge for a family, washer/dryer and the whole 9-yards! Bathtub in the open bedroom - beautiful. Two showers in the walk-in shower room - genius! I was lucky to be put in the 35th floor (the building has 38 floors) , facing the strip, so I had a breathtaking view of Vegas lights - priceless!

Location is superb. Cross the street and you're in Planet Hollywood. Miracle Miles Shopping is great to spend a whole day even if you're not quite a shopper. Paris, Bellagio, all within easy walking distance. Just park your car free at valet and walk!

No casino, no smoking. I'm not a gambler so that don't bother me at all. May appeal to many who want some peace and quiet off the crazy Vegas strip!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank viajero_salsero
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 13 November 2010

This hotel is perfectly situated. We just loved the location which is slightly off the strip but convenient to everything. The rooms are big, well appointed and clean. Staff is helpful and pleasant. We loved the roof top pool and bar.

I am not the gambling type so I appreciated that the hotel did not have a casino and was also well secured. I would recommend this hotel to people who want to have a condo set up, near the best part of the strip but would be happy without all the smoke, noise and craziness! We would definitely recommend this hotel if and when we return to Las Vegas.

When you are in Las Vegas, do not miss a trip to Red Rock Canyon and the Valley of Fire! Both were awesome excursions away from the strip.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank swiftlysaid38
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 12 November 2010

One of the things I love about the Grand Chateau is the location. Next door to Planet Hollywood. There's a traffic light for easy crossing. Planet Hollywood has the Miiracle Mile with shops and restaurants and 2 ABC stores, which are excellent stores to purchase water, snacks, sodas, beer and souveniers. Cheap.
The hotel is w/i fairly easy walking distance to the Bellagio, Paris, MGM, New York, New York and right across Las Vegas Blvd. from the new City Center and Aria Hotal & Casino. There's an awesome shopping area in City Center, called Crystals. Very expensive but so lovely.
Be sure to go to the roof on the 38th floor. Have a drink at the bar or just look at the excellent view. The pool is up there but it's really too small. They also have a jacuzzi.
The valet parking at our hotel was excellent. Very short waits. Always very cheerful. Everyone is very nice and helpful. You really feel welcomed. The location is perfect. The accomodations are pure luxury. I love it here.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple