In 2007, my sister and I brought her son to South Point to celebrate his 21st birthday. The hotel and casino still looks brand new and spotless. Being away from the Strip, I felt safer since we left our spouses at home. Checked in with Chelsea and what a pleasure! She smiled, laughed easily and listened to my requests then worked to locate the room, floor and even suggested the pool view which my niece loved. Due to severe allergies, bedding was a concern but Chelsea 's hotel knowledge enabled her to give me correct information without a delay.
I checked in a day early and didn't want to eat by myself in a restaurant so I ordered "TO GO" at the new Steak and Shake. Without a digital number display, we all had to listen for our order numbers to be yelled (no microphone) but as the restaurant filled it was impossible to hear. We had to keep checking on numbers and clustering around the cashier. The hamburger was delicious, I enjoyed it in my beautiful, quiet room.
The A/C wasn't cool but within 30 minutes after calling housekeeping the filter was replaced and the room cooled down.
The next morning I had some time to kill before picking up my sister and niece at the airport but I couldn't find the penny slot machines. I asked a guard near the cashier's cage and he took me to some slots and explained how to change the coin play amount. Wow! I had no idea!
Maria from Housekeeping kept our large room immaculate and had no problem with our request to change the linen daily (they prefer every 3rd day) and leave us plenty of towels. I love the luxury of clean linen and towels each day in a hotel. The towels were big and fluffy but we didn't use any of the toiletries due to allergies.
I don't remember the coffee pot in 2007 but it was very convenient. The bathroom is large and the early morning I returned home, I rolled my suitcase into the bathroom to finish packing so I wouldn't wake my sister or niece.
We ate breakfast in the Coronado Cafe each morning. The wait staff and their assistants anticipated our needs so we never had to ask for any refills or condiments. Do avoid the early morning counter service if possible. You won't save any time and service is not good.
We invited some friends over for a delicious lunch in the Garden Buffet. We were able to use our complimentary coupons and only paid for our guests. I loved the Chinese and my niece enjoyed the Mexican food.
After returning from dinner we played the 9:30pm Bingo. The second night we each rented the electronic units, so much easier. The complimentary beverages at the bar was a nice touch.
My sister and niece enjoyed a wonderful and relaxing massage in the Spa on their last day. The warm oil they rubbed on did wonders to their dry skin and for the first time in a week, they felt like they had some moisture in their skin. They were pleased they weren't pressured to purchase any spa products.
Thank you South Point for the comfortable beds, huge room, wonderful employees and having everything we need under one roof.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa is located in the heart of the premiere southwest Las Vegas valley, just minutes away from the famous Las Vegas Strip. Our distinctive hotel features spacious rooms and suites with 42-inch plasma televisions, Point Plush mattresses and Wireless Fidelity throughout. Some of our many amenities include a world class spa and fitness center, a 16-screen Century Theatre movie complex, a 64-lane bowling center and a handful of restaurants that cater to all appetites and tastes. Our casino features a large selection of table games and the latest slot and video poker machines. A unique feature to this property is its Equestrian Center, which is the finest horse facility in the country. South Point also has a fabulous 400-seat showroom that features headliner entertainment and dancing to live bands on weekends. Stop by the South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa today, we are sure you will want to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your South Point Hotel, Casino and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Point Las Vegas
- South Point Hotel Las Vegas
- South Point Casino
- South Point Hotel, Casino And Spa Las Vegas
- South Coast Casino