“Nice Hotel, Great Prices”
Review of South Point Hotel

South Point Hotel
Ranked #38 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My wife and I went to Vegas to work on our rental property and we decided to stay at the South Point. I found the rates to be very reasonable and the hotel had pretty much everything you need right there. We didn't get a change to enjoy it all but it has a movie theater, bowling alley, and several restaurants. There are a lot of different restaurants with pretty much any style cuisine you could want.

The AC unit in our room made an annoying ticking noise that made it hard to sleep so we notified the front desk after the first night and they moved us into a new room for the remainder of our stay. They also discounted all of the nights we stayed there so we basically ended up getting the last night free. The rooms are nice and very roomy with a 42" flat screen TV. We are going back to Las Vegas soon for a quick trip and we will be staying at the South Point again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
SouthPointLV, Hotel Operations at South Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2010

Wow, thanks for such a nice review of our property. It's exciting to know your first stay went so well you will be staying with us again. We look forward to your next visit.

Staff & Management of the South Point Hotel Casino & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (5,444)

Reviewed 5 August 2010

We stayed here for four nights in the middle of the summer heat and loved it. This hotel has it all: big and clean rooms, an impressive 15$ breakfast/lunch buffet (read: early dinner) in the weekend, a restaurant for every day of the week, nice pool area with a shallow pool for children, a huge bubble pool for the ones who like it hot, as well as a normal pool for the rest of us, a huge bowling hall, an arcade hall and a 16 screen cinema complex!

So even if you are not in Vegas to gamble you could actually have a great vacation just staying at the hotel. The gambling and bingo halls would probably satisfy the gamblers too. We used the hotel as a base and drove the 15-20 minutes into the heart of the Strip were you would go to se the shows and the insane amusement park for grown ups and children alike called Las Vegas.

We liked the free parking and that it is only a 5 min. drive to Food4Less, and disliked paying 13$ for internet (per unit per day) and 10$ for changing rooms. If you want to use the spa area and the training room, which we didn´t, you have to pay 25$ extra. But for the budget minded these extra expenses are avoidable and a hotel like this for just over 50$ per night through the weekend, is just incredible.

This is syden and danskebåten in a complete package which is Norwegian for sun, cheap alcohol, young people partying and old people sipping drinks, listening to out dated artists and playing slot machines. But yet it is possible to have a fairly quiet vacation in this impressive resort.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
SouthPointLV, Hotel Operations at South Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2010

Thank you for such a great review of our property. We are so excitied to hear you enjoyed your visit and we hope you can plan a future stay with us.

Reviewed 4 August 2010

Unless you want to be treated like a criminal. We went to the pool one morning and no towels, eventually a kid showed up with a cart of them at 10:30 am so I went over to get towels for me, the wife and kids. I was told I was only allowed one. I explained that my family is by the pool and he didn't believe me and started grabbing the towels? So I asked if he wanted to walk over to them with me so he could verify "my story". To my suprise he said yes. After everything checked out (lol) then I had to return with him to sign the faded dingy towels out? I asked for the manager and explained to her that maybe this isn't how you want to treat people and she told me "its your perogative to go somewhere else"

From now on, I will- Its a dump

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank UALDEN

We are sorry to hear you did not have an enjoyable experience at our property and appreciate your feedback. We want you to know that we will address this information and hope this will not deter you from visiting us in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2010

This hotel is very good a value if you just want to lay out at the pool, gamble and stay away from the very large crowds. The pool and jaguzzi are never over crowded and you can always find a lounge chair. There is an abundance of gaming tables and slots and I never had to wait for a seat at the tables.
My room was very clean and the staff friendly.
If you are traveling with a family they have things to do in-house such as the movies, bowling or even hit the arcades.
I always rent a car when I am in Las Vegas, but there is a shuttle to the other casinos and I believe the near by outlet mall.
They have a very good buffet which was included in my on-line reservation. The finer dining restaurants were not open during my stay.
Over all I enjoyed this south end strip hotel and did recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Thanks for a really nice review on our property. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and look foward to your next stay.

Reviewed 1 August 2010

This place is a great find. From the super staff working there, to the easy access to the Las Vegas area. We used to stay "on the Strip", This hotel has changed our minds. I like the strip, it is fun to be down there and enjoy the Rush. However coming back to South Point was what we needed to relax and have great fun. My wife and I would always say it was good to be "Home" at South Point.
The rooms and great and large compared to some of the strip rooms. The place is clean and well lit. The casino floor is bright and well run. The food is good and won't break the bank. The breakfast buffet is a "Locals" favorite, not expensive and good food. The staff is always there to help with anything you may need.
We drive everywhere in Vegas. It is easy and allows one to see the other great sites in the area. South Point has its own exit on and off the "15". You can't beat it for access to the highway system. They also offer an airport shuttle to and from the Las Vegas Airport.
If you are looking for great value, great service and lots of fun things to do at your Hotel, South Point will not fail you. Do not let the distance from the Main Strip scare you away.
Always remember too, you'll make it what you want it to be. Everyone has a bad day sometimes. The folks there are great and I think they try very hard to make one feel at home.
We will be staying at South Point always.

3  Thank digamac

Thanks for such a really nice review on our property. We appreciate the compliments and are glad to hear you had a pleasant stay. We hope you can visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2010

We had a wonderful stay at South Point Casino in mid-July. Checkin was quick and efficient. After having read some of the other reviews, we asked for a room higher than than the 2nd or 3rd floor and not facing a wall. We were told a room “with a view” would be extra each night. We decided to forget the view, as we were not planning on sitting in the room looking out the window much while on vacation. We were given a room on the 22nd floor overlooking the pool and a great southern view spanning Las Vegas Blvd to past I-15. The room was spacious, with a sofa, table and chairs, desk area, flat screen TV, along with a king bed, which was just like Goldilocks bed –not too hard, not too soft, but just right! Pillows are not feather, which is fine by me, as I am allergic to feathers and hate to be a pain for housekeeping to ask for non-feather pillows. The A/C was fully adjustable and was VERY quiet when the fan was on low or automatic. There are not one, but 3 telephones in the room, with one being in the bathroom next to ‘the throne’. Lighting was plentiful, with eco-friendly CFL bulbs (the hallways used CFL or LED lighting). The closet contained the iron and ironing board, along with an in-room safe, which is great to leave your winnings. ?;- )

The bathroom was not one, but two rooms – the toilet and bath/shower were in a separate room off the room with the sink and vanity. This is good since the coffee maker (also has tea) was on the spacious vanity, as was the hair dryer. Plenty of toiletries were left by housekeeping each day. The bath had a great rainfall shower head and there was plenty of water pressure, even on the 22nd floor! There was also a nice metal grab bar in the shower with a rough grip spot so if your hand was slick with soap, you won't slip.

The rooms are very quiet – we saw a family with elementary school-age kids next door, but only heard them in the morning if they bumped into the wall. Security in the hotel was very good, with key check in the evenings before you get to the elevators.

The swimming pool and hot tub were good. With the extremely high temps while we were there, along with a high school basketball tournament in town, we decided to use the pool immediately upon getting up in the morning. The hot tub, which is designed like a lazy river, was great. However the pool was a little cold, since the sun only hits it in the afternoon.

Received coupon books upon checkin, which contained some good deals, including a free lunch buffet at the Garden Buffet on the 1st floor, which they also accept for breakfast. If you are looking for a fancy buffet, this is not the place to go. However, if you want good food at a very reasonable price (breakfast was only $6.99 with a Bloody Mary or Mimosa included), this is the place to go. We ate there once for dinner the night we checked in and twice for breakfast and were very pleased each time.

Parking was plentiful, with some outside spots and a HUGE 7 floor parking garage which was great to help keep the car from baking when it was 110 degrees.

The front desk people were very helpful – when I asked about using the points on my Player card toward my bill, they explained how to do that, along with pointing me to the Business Center when I had some items I wanted to ship home. Checkout was just as efficient.

The only ‘down side’ to the whole trip was the long walk from the parking garage to the hotel room elevators, especially with luggage. But then there is valet parking and bell service, if you desire.

I’ve never stayed at any of the ‘Strip’ hotels further north on Las Vegas Blvd. but I can’t imagine them giving me more value for my money than what South Point provides for a vacation visit.

1  Thank Idreamof

Wow, thanks for such an awesome review on our property. We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you plan a return trip sometime soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2010

Having absolutely no idea of what Las Vegas would actually be like in "Real" Life! This hotel was a great find! It is at the southernmost point(hence it's name!)of Las Vegas Boulevard with a regular Shuttle to the Main part of the Strip. We had everything we could possibly want in that hotel, great , cheap and lovely rooms, a fabulous selection of Dining,for all tastes. An exciting atmosphere with superb staff, A Cinema, a Bowling Alley, a lovely swimming pool and an Equestrian area that frequently holds Rodeos and other Cowboy Entertainment. All Fabulous Will Deffinately stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family