“Pinnacle of excellence”

The Mansion at MGM Grand
Ranked #129 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 July 2013

There is no better place in Vegas than the Mansion. The staff remembers you every time you return, even if it's been a few months. The dining room makes excellent American and Asian food. The The accommodations are beautiful and care is taken to ensure everything is perfect. I've stayed in both a 1BR and 2BR Villa. The 2BR is perfect for hosting a large party as there's enough space to get lost. It's one place in Vegas that doesn't feel like it's in Vegas - which is a perfect respite from all the sensory overload that makes up the rest of Vegas. There really are no words to describe the relaxation and perfection that is the Mansion. You have to experience it to know.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank tbcshifter

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stay in the mansion quite often, (10 -20 times a year). It is absolutely exquisite. The design and decor are impeccable and the staff are outstanding. Elizabeth and the Mansion staff are 5 stars all the way and they go out of their way to cater to your every need. The mansion staff is like family to us and they set the bar extremely high for any other property to try and compete. It is truly a world in and of itself right in the heart of Las Vegas.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom villa with pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank letterstomarcello
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The Mansion is definitely in a league of its own but the experience would have been phenomenal if I didn't have to pay the tab. The one bedrooms start at $5,000/night and the two bedrooms are $7,500/night. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite for the weekend and after food, beverage, taxes, shows, etc., our bill was nearly $25,000.00 for the weekend. Considering the cost, there are many places that are just as nice or nicer. I think what you are really paying for is the service, privacy, and exclusivity - for the price, you had better get it. Now, when we go to Vegas we tend to stay in the nice two bedroom penthouse suites at the Wynn. It costs us $1,500/night average for nearly 2,000sq ft of space. The rooms and baths are fabulous, and I like the in-room massage room and the views. You definitely don't get the service from The Mansion at MGM but at $20,000 less a weekend, I don't mind so much. If I was a billionaire I would definitely appreciate the privacy, service, and attention to detail. Until that time, we'll reserve our visits to very, very special occasions!

If you are lucky enough to not have to pay for your stay, appreciate what you're getting!!! I would love to get freebie weekends there.

Room Tip: If you have kids and want to enjoy quality time with your spouse, there is an excellent sitting serv...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
40  Thank K K
Reviewed 10 September 2011

You do not need many words to describe this place - total privacy and luxry are the only words you need. Totally separated from the outside world by the high walls and heavy steel gates around the small parking lot, and the only hallway which leads to the mansion from the hotel is monitored by well mannered staff 24/7. The courtyard with sky-high glass top ceiling was absolutely serene with lush plants, and the swiming pool was meticulous. Everything about the masion was extraordinary but what impressed me the most was water pressure in the shower room. Water pressure was so forceful, it did not take me more than 10 seconds to shampoo my hair. You may think I am joking. Ask me if I was not impressed by BVLGARI brand amenities in the bathroom. No, it did not impress me. Ask me if I was not impressed by a bottle of 1996 Opus 1 as a departure gift. No, it did not impress me. By the way, MGM's Fiamma Italian restaurant wine list listed a bottle of 1996 Opus 1 for over $900, if I remember correctly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
21  Thank sjhan12652
Reviewed 17 June 2010

If you have the means, or more likely the casino credit line, do not miss an opportunity to stay here. The entire place is so serene you won't even think you are in the MGM at all or even in Las Vegas for that matter. There is absolutely no hustle and bustle, you may not even see another guest. The atrium is beautiful and especially so at night with the trees lit up with clear lights. The rooms are incredible. We usually stay in a 5000 square foot villa with 2 bedrooms and indoor pool. Our kids love it. Room services are all 5 star including their immaculate housekeeping. Anything goes here, whatever you ask for, they will get you. Concierge is unbelievably accommodating. Butlers are great, they get the kids video games, snacks, send out for groceries if you want something specific. I just can't say enough about this place. Most people will never even know that it exists. The Sklylofts upstairs at MGM are nice, but if you really want sheer excellence go to the Mansion.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
20  Thank KIDSWILLTRAVEL
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Sleeping next to Tyrone Power's picture was a dream come true. Of all the hotel rooms we were destined for this one. Excellent start to our 2 weeks travel.

Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
6  Thank CatherineK2
Reviewed 23 January 2010

it was a bit expensive but well worth it if you have the cash!!

Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family