“Read your contract and good luck” 1 of 5 bubbles

Mandalay Bay Wedding Chapels
Ranked #128 of 258 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
Montreal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Read your contract and good luck”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

My wife and I were married at the Mandalay Bay a few weeks ago.

We bought the Intimate Mix package, which includes a 2 hours reception at the Mix Ultra Lounge as stated on their web page:
•Two Hour Reception for 20-30 Guests at the Mix Ultra Lounge
See http://www.mandalaybay.com/features-and-shopping/weddings/packages/the-intimate-mix/

Sadly, we did not have our wedding reception at the Mix Lounge.

When we arrived at the Mix Lounge entrance on our wedding day, we were told our reservation was at the Mix restaurant. After arguing with the super arrogant manager who said he was doing everything he could to save our night while he was doing absolutely nothing, I ran to our room to get the papers showing that our reception was scheduled at the Mix Lounge. Hopefully, when coming back, we talked to another manager (the Mix restaurant manager) who was a much nicer person. He told us there was a 300 people private party in the Lounge and there is no way would could go to the Mix Lounge. I guess they were more important (or lucrative) than us.

The reception finally started on the Mix restaurant patio 40 minutes late (the worst 40 minutes of my life). The Mix restaurant patio is not a bad place, but it is clearly inferior to the Mix Lounge for a wedding reception in my opinion: no glass elevator, no glass restroom, no dance floor, inferior strip view, etc. After showing the Mix restaurant manager the papers which showed we were supposed to be at the Mix Lounge, we got free drinks for the whole night instead of for 2 hours and he also wrote an apology letter. Better than nothing, but it does not make up for the fact that my wife cried on her wedding day and that I had never been so upset.

The day after the wedding, we went to the wedding chapel explaining them what happened. The lady at the front desk told us that they always do the receptions at the Mix Lounge, not at the Mix restaurant. She blamed the Mix for what happened. I asked for a full refund of the wedding. She told me I would get a phone call from the wedding chapel manager.

I never received that phone call. Instead, I received a phone call from the Mandalay Bay's risk management bureau. I believe I talked to a lawyer. I was told that we would get no compensation because of this clause in the contract: "3. Mix cannot guarantee a specific area for the reception. Reception space is based on availability. However, all wedding reception guests are guests are guaranteed strip view areas". At the time I saw the contract, I didn't know about the existence of the Mix restaurant so I thought we considered the Mix as being the "Mix Lounge". Since the beginning, they offered the Mix Lounge, it was written the Mix Lounge on the worksheets, and we asked for the Mix Lounge.

What they did may be legal. I will let you judge if you trust them for your wedding.

We had a wedding organiser whose job was to make sure that everything went according to plan. At least, we would have expected to be contacted to inform us that our wedding would be at the Mix restaurant instead of the Mix Lounge as it was supposed in our email discussions with them. To me, this is more important that choosing the flowers' color. Learning that on the wedding day in front of our 30 guests (all coming from Canada) certainly was not the appropriate time.

Visited June 2013
23 Thank Mavoubate

Montana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good luck getting in touch with anyone”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I've been to Vegas several times. I've been to Mandalay Bay several times. I liked it well enough to try and book a wedding there. I attempted to get a hold of someone 3 times regarding booking a wedding. No response. If they can't respond to my request for booking a wedding, how on earth can I expect them to be on top of things during the planning process? What about the big day? I'm frustrated and disappointed...and my wedding has been booked at another hotel.

Visited May 2013
10 Thank Sarah59714
Eugene, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Classy and Stress Free”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

I was married at THE Wedding Chapel in April 2013.

We looked at several options for a Vegas wedding and ultimately decided on Mandalay Bay. We wanted a wedding that was simple, no-muss, no-fuss but that would still be beautiful and classy. We looked at Bellagio, Venetian and Mandalay Bay as well as Chapel of the Flowers. THE Wedding Chapel offered us the most bang for our buck with the convenience we were after.

We chose the Opal Shores package in the Gold Chapel on a Saturday. Our wedding coordinator was Kaylan. All our planning was done via email. This could be a little unsettling, but the response times were great and I always got answers to my questions. I even added on to our floral order the week of the wedding and had no issues. Everything just got taken care of. Just what we wanted.

We had 13 people in attendance. THE Wedding Chapel is set up with separate areas for each chapel, so if there was anything else going on at the same time (3pm on a Saturday), I never knew it. I felt like the whole place was ours. Melissa was there to coordinate the ceremony and gave us the run-down beforehand so we knew what to do. The minister was very nice and professional in demeanor if not appearance (had a goatee thing going on) and he met with us separately before the ceremony as well. The piano player was good and the ceremony went off without a hitch. A couple of guests did comment on the noise being made by the photographer's shutter - can't you silence those now-a-days? Noticeable but not interfering. The photography after the wedding was relaxed and the photographer was helpful in posing everyone and setting up a good picture. I didn't feel rushed through that either and we were able to get more photos done than I had envisioned.

Our photography viewing was set up for the next afternoon, and Cashman had the studio all set up for us with a brag book, framed 8x10 and video slideshow of our pics. The photos were great! Really came out nice. We liked them so much that we bought the DVD rights, which came in an additional package with some other prints. They do this cool enhancement and printing on metallic paper too.

Here's the skinny on $:
Opal Shores package: $1850
photo package with DVD, 2 8x10, ~70 4x6, 24x36, 16x20: $1700
V-Suite at THEhotel for 5 nights (you get 20% off) food & bev: $1500
Dinner for 13 at The Foundation Room: $900
= $5950 total for wedding, reception and honeymoon.

Not too bad in my book.

Visited April 2013
12 Thank stacy713
Amarillo, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
““Our Wedding 4-28-12””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

First and foremost this review is LONG overdue…

My wife and I got married here bank in April 2012 and lets just say that Mandalay Bay gave us everything we wanted and some. It was the best day in our life and its all because of the great people working there. Our point of contact was Samantha (don’t think she still work there), and she was the best and gave us everything we asked for.

Overall, everything was wonderful. The floral was stunning, our officiate was the best and he seemed like he was truly speaking form the heart and nailed it perfectly, the piano player was great, and the space just look stunning on wedding day.

If you are looking for a stress free wedding where everything is taking care of before you get there and all you have to do is show up and enjoy the best day of your life, then Mandalay Bay is the place for you.

Here is a little advice:
Make sure you have great dialogue with your wedding coordinator and ask as many questions and you can, there are no stupid questions. We did everything through emails and Samantha always got back to us within 24-48 hours. I may have sent over 200 emails in the 3 months leading up to the wedding and it was all worth is as everything turned out great.

Issues:
This is the only issue that I can remember us having and it was actually my fault. During the wedding reception in the Suite, we was running low on Shrimp and Chicken so the Bartender asked me if I wanted to get some more (giving the full on impression that he was giving them to me on the house and that they would be at no extra cost), well when we got the Bill the next morning for an extra $400 dollars we were pissed. But I should have never taken the bartenders word for it.

Warning:
The day after the wedding you will go meet with your photographer and go through your pictures. REMEMBER that in order to owned the rights to your pictures you have to buy the CD which is $3000. Make sure you figure that into your budget because it does not come with your picture package. Also we paid for the extra 2 hours of picture time and it was well worth the money as we didn't have to rush taking the picture and they came out beautiful.

All and all, getting married her was the best decision we ever made.

Visited May 2012
14 Thank Marquis M
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“03/21/2013 Our Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

We had our wedding at Mandalay Bay Valley of the Falls. Valley of the Falls was absolutely the best place for us. It was modern, simple but elegant. Our friends were really impressed with the location. We had a christian wedding the pastor was absolutely wonderful. Our photographer (Donata) I would definitely recommend her, who did an absolutely excellent photography for our wedding. The price of the pictures however was really expensive, there were 243 pictures for $2500 along with full copyrights cd, 2-24x30 mettalic print, 2-8x10, and all printed pictures in a 4x6. However I do think the price is worth it Donata really did an excellent job. Our wedding coordination was Kaylan Tracy, she was wonderful. Kaylan responded to our questions within 24 hours as long as she was working. I can see that Kaylan was sincere in helping prep your wedding the way you want it to be. I would definitely recommend her to be your wedding coordinator.

Visited March 2013