“Red Rock Rocks!!”

Ranked #34 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Red Rock Rocks!!”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I must say that I read Trip Advisor religiously before any trip my husband and daughter take. What I found when reading reviews for Red Rock were mostly awesome!!! I will admit I was a little hesitant staying so far from the strip, but when we got there all hesitation was gone!! We arrived early on a Friday in Vegas to take our 5yr old daughter to see Lion King that weekend. To our surprise they let us in our room at 12:00 noon no extra fee or anything. Our room was facing the many pools they have at the resort. The room had 2 double beds with contemporary styled decor with gorgeous marble tiling and dbl sinks in the rest room with a Jacuzzi tub. Totally enough room for all of us.

We proceed to the pool area and this is where it's mind blowing. There are about 6 different pools in one area (incl the Jacuzzi’s) lil ones will have a ball for they can be easily used by mostly anyone swimmer or not. You can lay down poolside (in the water) and order food and drinks. The place is just beautiful!! Beware on Fri's they sometimes shut the pool area down early I think by 4p if there is a concert so get there early!!

The casino itself is very massive. But the thing I really loved the most about the resort was their Kid Zone play area. You can leave your children in a wonderfully safe, caring and massive environment with food, fun, and entertainment for a very reasonable fee while you gamble your heart and money away. There is also a Multiplex movie theater and bowling center right on sight!!! This is one of the most family friendly spots I know of in Las Vegas. Now don't get me wrong we are not "old" parents, but I will say we are not in the 20 something bracket that feels the need to deal with the ungodly traffic, mounds of people, and the sometimes unusual entertainment that frequents the strip. We are the type of people who enjoy family esp. with our lil daughter and keeping her happy when we visit Sin City and NOT have to deal with Circus Circus (no offense).

Lastly, I want to speak of the PRICE!!! Um...let’s just say there is NO WAY you'll find these rates on a weekend on the strip (we paid $98 plus $25 resort fee- per day) chk-in Fri chk out Sun. Granted they have something like a $25 per day resort fee added to the room rate, BUT it still doesn't compare to the elegance, atmosphere, and entertainment you can get here for much less if you have little ones!!! Also, if you truly don't mind driving about 20-25 min to get to the strip then this place is REALLY for you. And if all the hub bub about the strip has become overrated, then this place is your spot hands down!!!

Photos will come as soon as I get them uploaded!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank joinkb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This was our third stay at Red Rock; this time for a 5-day vacation. The casino is nice (even has non-smoking gambling area) although we play only the slots. Fast food restaurants are convenient. Sit down restaurants offer a variety of foods. We ate at the Grand Cafe several times. At one meal we had great prime rib. We had breakfast one evening (served all day), and the blueberry pancakes were yummy. There were too many to eat at one meal so we boxed the leftovers.

The guest room was clean, neat, spacious, and attractively decorated. It even had a door bell. There were plenty of pillows and bed linens were soft and comfy. The bathroom has both a soaking tub and separate shower plus plush white robes to wear to the spa facilities.

For us there is more to Las Vegas than just gambling. We love the resort amenities included with the $24.99 resort fee. We liked the Red Rock exercise room, lap pool, sauna, steam room, cold dip pool, and jacuzzi. The changing facilities are private and very clean. Toiletries (e.g., shampoo, hair brushes, hair products, toothpaste) are so appreciated. We usually spent the morning enjoying the facilities.

The casino's location, location, location was perfect. The drive to the strip was not bad. The casino is located very close to the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area. Hiking there is fantastic and suitable for all ability levels. Besides hiking there is, for example, rock climbing, mountain biking, and canyoneering. Take a camera for pictures of canyons, red rock cliffs, and even petroglyphs. Just a drive through the park is worth the time.

We will definitely stay at Red Rock again--probably in January for our anniversary.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
mililani
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Impressive room decor with the most comfortable bed ever. Great atmosphere with generous gambling spaces and choices. Restaurant selections to please your different moods. Enjoy!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
San Clem
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I was on a job and was fortunate enough to stay at the Red Rock Casino Resort. I was pleasantly surprised that I did not miss seeing the strip or downtown. The grounds are beautiful as it the hotel. I will definitely be coming back

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the pools. Its an amazing view
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Corpus Christi, TX
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We loved the comfort and welcome of the Red Rock Hotel. The room was very well appointed, clean and modern. The bed was great! The bathroom tub was big enough for 2 or deep enough for 1 person to float....and there was a full marble shower as well. I could have done without the scale in the bathroom as if just reminded me that I was eating too well and drinking too much but it was a nice touch.
The casino was also great. Lots of variety of slots and table games. Really personable dealers and floor personnel. It was just the right size to make it possible for me to learn my way around easily but large enough to keep my interest for 2 days and 2 nights without leaving.
The food was good in the Cafe and ok in the buffet. I am not a buffet fan so I am not a good judge there but there was variety and the food was hot. The Cafe was more relaxed and to my liking. We had breakfast there once and also lunch. There is a food court with a limited selection of places that we used once as well. Nice to have choices.
All in all we are itching to go back.
And we actually won some money!!!!!!

Room Tip: Can't imagine there is a bad room
1 Thank txoilworker
WA
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I love the Red Rock. It was my 3rd time being there and I am already dreaming of ways to get myself back there. The shuttle to/from the airport and the strip were great and very accessible. The best buffet in TOWN!! The rooms are nice and big with a great bathroom. The pools are amazing with great amenities. The Casino is big enough to get lost with lots of great places to eat and get drinks. You never have to leave with the bowling alley and movie theatre.

Room Tip: Pool views and of the Red Rocks are what you are looking for
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Beautiful resort, new modern decor, very spacious rooms (comparable to Vdara), staff and service outstanding! All types of dining on site, steak, sushi, italian, mexican, Yardhouse, two starbucks and much more. It's imaculate. Its perfect if you are looking for a resort feel in Vegas. I've stayed there several times and keep going back. Their concert line up is pretty good, nice pool venue.

Room Tip: Strip view is nice but the mountain view is beautiful if you want to sleep in, not as much morning s...
1 Thank ReneeHB