“Great Las Vegas Experience without Clutter and Noise of the Strip”

Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Ranked #33 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Atascadero, California
“Great Las Vegas Experience without Clutter and Noise of the Strip”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

this hotel offers all the amenities of the strip hotels without the noise, congestion and expense of the strip.

Room Tip: recommend canyon view rooms on higher floors to get better views of the red rocks and fewer views of...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed over Christmas Holiday. My seventh stay and second Christmas there. I was not disappointed. Made several pre-arrival arrangements with their excellent concierge sevice.
The rooms are great and full window wall view of Red Rock canyon is beautiful. The deep bathtub and full sized glass shower are delightful (even a flat screen tv over tub!).
There are restaurants for every taste and a great deli next to the Sports Book.
Terra Rossa Restaurant is my favorite for excellent food, service, wine and atmosphere.
The casino offers games for adults that you gotta love, machines, live gaming,keno, bingo,
movies and bowling. I think if I could, I would move in!
It would be easy to go on and revisit every corner of this place, but I have a better idea,
Go there. Stay there. Enjoy!!!!

Room Tip: ask for Canyon view and a room near elevator if possible as hallway length is seemingly endless.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Holly P
San Marcos, California, United States
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This place is a great Family Resort. It has all the great parts of the Las Vegas Strip without all the bad parts. My family and I stayed a week and we didn't leave the resort once. We saw movies at the theater and in the room, went bowling, gambled, ate great food at the Buffet, etc. We were very relaxed and comfortable. The rooms are amazing. We had a suite attached to a double. The suite is amazing and has the most incredible bathroom with Spa Tub. The double is just as great with an incredible bathroom as well. Overall, my family has decided we will be staying at the Red Rock Resort at a minimum of once a year. Enjoy!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael L
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I can't say enough how awesome my two stays at the Red Rock Hotel have been. The property is beautiful, priced reasonably, and maintained by some of the most attentive staff I've ever seen. Let me stress how good the customer service is....it's amazing! I was actually contacted every day to make sure my room was cleaned to my satisfaction. A nice touch. There was also a follow up call for any customer service requests that I had.

The restaurant I visited was called T-Bones. GREAT food and a very cool atmosphere. The spa sold some of the very, very nice lotions that you got in your room and I made a point of buying a big bottle of their body lotion. Its smells great and I'd drive back to Vegas again for it. :)

I went solo this particular trip to have some 'me' time. It was quite enough to just plop down on that super comfy bed and play on my laptop. I had a great view of the strip in the distance and a nicely quiet room. My trip wasn't about the fast paced Vegas, but to get away and relax. Check out the online room specials for great pricing.

I'll go back to Red Rock for my recovery again after my next stressful project here at work.

Room Tip: Ask for a canyon view if you want some great natural views and a strip view if you want some cool ci...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I've stayed at quite a number of resort casinos over the years. This trip I decided to avoid the strip and stay above the clamor of drunken crowds by staying at the Red Rock. What a pleasant change this decision turned out to be. Here is what sets Red Rock apart from the others I have stayed at on the strip:

1) The air quality was excellent. Somehow the cigarette smoke is dealt with in a very effective manner.
2) Very easy parking and access to the hotel rooms. By following the remarks other before me made, I parked in the garage close to the hotel elevators. This made rolling our suitcases from the car to the room a snap.
3) The variety of places to eat was nice. In addition, we were close to so many other dining options in the immediate area.
4) The 16 screen cinema was a fun alternative to gaming.
5) The bowling alley was the largest I have seen, and very busy. Maybe next time I will play.
6) Having two Starbucks location makes the morning treat oh so easy.
7) The hotel hallways have deep separate hallways for two room doors. This makes for much less hallway noise making it into the rooms.
8) The privacy and make-up room lights make coordinating with housekeeping easy.
9) The housekeeping staff was always so pleasant, and friendly. Never before have I been greeted so warmly by every housekeeping staff member.
10) Everyone who worked at the resort was friendly. I left thinking that everyone really enjoyed working there, and was glad to see me there.
11) The workout facility, inside the spa area, offered everything we wanted, including little bottles of water.
12) The buffet was good, but crowded so much of the time. I would take advantage of the Boarding Pass breakfast price and get there a bit before they opened to avoid the long lines.

I will definitely return to the Red Rock. My experience there convinced me that staying off the strip was a good decision.

Tip: You must have a room key to use the hotel elevators. The hotel lobby is one floor below the hotel garage. By the Starbucks there is a separate hallway with the convention center and hotel lobby elevator. Use this elevator if you have luggage and need to check-in. We checked-in before getting our luggage to avoid the issue. Early check-in begins at 11 AM. Before that you will pay a $25 fee. The $27+ daily total resort fee was worth it to us because we used the wifi and workout facility. This fee seems to be hidden in the fine print somewhere, but we expected it all the same.

Room Tip: Either the strip or canyon views are great. We enjoyed the sunrise by being on the strip side.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RawLand13
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I selected this resort due to the spa, since I wanted to treat my hubby to a couples massage for our anniversary. The spa is wonderful!
We ate at the Yardhouse, and I tell you, you gotta try the southern fried chicken breast! yummy!

Room Tip: We were on the west side of the hotel facing the Red Rock Canyon. We didn't play with the curta...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed here for 3 days. The property is beautiful. The single king room was quite large, the bathroom, shower, and tub were all nice sized as well; all immaculately cleaned and cared for. The view was gorgeous. It's just a short 10 minute drive into Vegas, The only issue we had was that we went to the counter to book a room. They wanted $278 a night. I had seen it on tripadvisor for $107. They said they couldn't match the price so we stepped aside, reserved through tripadvisor (expedia) and then went back to the front desk. So book online somewhere 1st. Loved the entire property and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family