“Great off the strip hotel & Casino...although very isolated....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Smithtown, New York
“Great off the strip hotel & Casino...although very isolated....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

I did not stay here at the Red Rocks Casino Hotel & Spa by choice, as I was sent here by my company for a conference. However, I won’t hold that against the hotel, because I wouldn’t have preferred to stay on the strip, but I will give this place a fair and balanced review based on my experience.

Arrival:
The hotel offers a FREE shuttle to and from the hotel. Somebody mentioned that they paid for this service. Somebody is wrong, but I can certainly attest to the fact that I did not pay a dime to use the shuttle during my trips to and from the airport. The hotel is nowhere near the strip, being about 20 miles away from the airport & strip area. It’s definitely isolated, but some people like that.

Check-In Process & Reception Area:
The check-in staff was extremely efficient and helpful. I was at the desk for less than 3 minutes and on my way up to the room in no time. The reception area is beautiful and quiet as the Casino is located on the floor above. There is a fantastic bar area here in the reception area as well.

Trip to the Room:
Most Casino/Hotels have you haul your luggage through the casino on the way to the elevator bank, which is annoying as hell. Not so at Red Rocks, as the elevator bank is about 100ft from the reception area. Very nice. If your room number is above the 30’s, bring your track shoes, because the trip to the room from the elevator is a HIKE. You pretty much have to walk the entire length of the hotel building to get to your room, but this not a biggie in my opinion, but it should be mentioned. Most hotels in Vegas are like this due to the massive sizes of the buildings.

The Room:
My first impression of my room was excellent. The room was spacious, and had two double beds. There is a small desk area with an internet connection, and a lounging area in front of the big window that offered me a tremendous view of the strip 20 miles away. The bathroom was cavernous, with double sinks, a tub with a TV, a separate shower, and a separate area with the commode. The temperature concerned me when I first walked into the room, but you can control the thermostat and adjust the temperature to your liking.

The Food:
We were a bit hungry from our trip so we had a late lunch in the café on the way into the casino. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. On subsequent days, I ate at the breakfast buffet, which was your typical Vegas buffet style. All of the food was delicious and the service was excellent. I did not eat dinner on the property, but I understand the steakhouse is recommended. There is a Starbuck on premises as well as a gift shop that also has basic toiletries.

The Conference Area:
I was here for a conference, and while there were about four conferences going on, the hotel did a magnificent job of segregating everyone to their respective areas. Eating lunch on the veranda was fantastic, as it afforded a view of the Red Rock canyon. The facilities to hold a conference we’re top rate and first class. The production crew was incredibly helpful and I can see why its desirable to have a conference at this location.

The Casino:
The Casino is your typical Vegas casino. The layout is circular with a very nice & quiet bar located dead center of the casino. You have everything here, table games, craps, blackjack, roulette, slots, etc. My luck was not so good here though!

Pool Area:
The pool area is as nice as any hotel in Vegas. It was on the chilly side while I was here, but the environment is very relaxing and there are tons of spots to sit with people or quietly to read. Service here is also excellent.

Cherry Nightclub:
The club was reserved for a private party for my company, but I can certainly see how this place could become a hotspot on the weekends. It’s a spacious club with an excellent sound system and a well laid out bar area. I got a kick out of the bathroom, as the urinals we’re shaped like lips. Very funny stuff.

Staff:
Any encounter with the staff was a pleasant experience. Everyone was very helpful or went out of their way to ensure I got the help I needed.

Check Out:
I checked out electronically, no issues with my bill and the shuttle got me to the airport without a hitch.

Summary:
The hotel is a very nice property. It could easily fit on the strip. It’s an excellent self-sustaining facility that one would never have to leave to get their Vegas experience. I understand why companies have conferences here, as it allows for employees to still have fun, but limiting the amount of trouble they get into and also guarantee attendance to the conference events. If I do go back to Vegas, I would, however, prefer to stay at hotel on the strip. Taking nothing away from Red Rocks, as it was an excellent experience, I prefer the hustle & bustle of the strip. Just as an FYI, cab rides to and from the strip from Red Rocks run approximately $45 bucks, so that was kind of a downer. I heard that there is a shuttle that would take you to the strip, but unsure if there was a cost involved.

Bottom line is that I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Joliet, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

It's like 20 miles away from the hustle and bustle of the strip, however if you want a nice classy, scenic, relaxing place to stay I highly recommend this place. The casino is laid out perfectly, They have the same friendly workers at the table games year after year, they hire locals and Americans that can communicate English and grammar well. Which I find a problem at some other casinos on the strip. The rooms are very clean., nice with marble floors flat screen tv's they even have a flat screen above the bathtub with the sound coming from the ceiling. I had a cannon view which was very nice. It would have been nice to see the Cherry Club open this year it closed down and also the Cherry pool area. As a consumer and table game player, Black Jack, Roulette and Craps this is the place you want to wager you money at. They are honest in the casino and will bend over backwards to serve you, like free cigarette pack tokens and anything you want to drink.
T-Bones is a great up scale restaurant, I got the biggest Lobster Tail there I ever had in my life a 32 ounce Australian Lobster Tail which was done perfectly. The Feast Buffet is also one of the top 5 in Vegas the prime rib is out of this world. I just wish they had more seafood at the buffet. My only complaint upon checkout was a Indian mid manager trying to pound smoke up my butt on a issue he was trying to pass off and refused to own, that really upset me. I had proof of something and he more less lied to me about the issue. The issue was taken care of by security which is also best of the best here.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Highlands Ranch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

I just returned from a three day business trip at the Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa. All aspects of my experience were excellent.

The hotel staff (valet, check-in, housekeeping) was friendly, helpful, and made you feel like an important guest. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and provided a trendy yet classy Vegas environment. The restaurants were of high quality (a bit steep in price) and the casino was worthy of the city in which it resides.

The spa was a surprising treat. It stocked with amenities and one of the few places that calls itself a spa and actually is a "spa". The pool area was chic and comfortable.

Meeting facilities were everything you would need and more.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
corona del mar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Red Rock Friday Oct 22 thru 25 as we were in a bowling league, the hotel is to die for, and everyone was very pleasant, helpful, and the rooms out of this world, and the bowling alley WOW!, I'd stay here again, better than being on the strip, everything is in this hotel, and easy to find, Yes, love this hotel

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

Went on a golf trip and stayed at the Red Rock - stayed in late October, the weather was miserable (not blaming the hotel!) so didn't get to see the pool epect to see it, and it was large and pretty. The bad - on check in, they said my reservation didn't exist and the hotel was booked, after an hour I went to VIP services where they easily located my reservation - the girl at the front desk wasn't helpful at all and had the attitude it's my problem, not theirs and didnd't even try to solve the problem. Only other bad thing is cell service, in the room, was horrific, very hit or miss. The good was the hotel was gorgeous, staff helpful and friendly, tables had low limits, and the food in the steakhouse and italian restaurants was excelent, buffet wasn't anything memorable. Rooms nice - although they had two guys in a king bed, gave us a roll away for free - with large, comfortable bathrooms. Overall I'd stay there again if staying in that area, be mindful however it is a $50 cab ride to the strip.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Bridgewater, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

We have stayed at this hotel many times. Although I was concerned because the company is going thru bankruptcy, the day to day operations seem unaffected. The service and attention to detail is what makes this place. It is not cheap, but remember you get what you pay for. If you are looking for a bargain, bachelor party drunken weekend, this is not the place for you. Get a package deal at one of those run down strip hotels and party my friends. if you like the finer ameneties, being off strip, close to good shopping and red rock recreation area then this is the place for you. The rooms are clean, check in a breeze and wireless in room internet easy, a few mouse clicks. If you stay logged in over 24 hours however it will make you re-log back in, a minor inconvienance. Bathrooms are LARGE! Rooms quiet. Get a high floor room. If you like the strip views at night get one, otherwise enjoy the mountain view and red rock rec area. T Bones is excellent but pricey, but no more than in NYC or Miami. The table games are adequate. The pool is great, but BEWARE of screaming children in the summer months, they take over the pool. My only complaint would be to keep those rugrats in their own pool so they can not pollute mine. The food court, theatres and bowling are first rate. If you like to be out of the hectic strip, book a room here.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

My husband and I spent three nights at Red Rock Resort. The room was beautiful, had a huge bathroom and a great view of the mountains. It had almost everything we needed (we brought a cooler and coffee maker with us). The facility was huge and there were lots of restaurants - all good. There are also many restaurants close by.
The pool area was very nice - the only two complaints were they closed the pool area early (5 pm) and during the day they played very loud music. Not good if you want to relax and read.
In general the service was great. The only exception was at check in. We reserved a King non-smoking room. They had none available when we checked in and did nothing to offer us something else. They just told us our only option was a non-smoking room with two queens. It turned out ok, they just could have handled the situation a little better (it helps to apologize for the problem).
The second problem was with the buffet. The food and selection was great. But, they had many choices of which line to get in and it was not clear which was the right one. We were seated and then told to go pay first before eating. The person who we paid made us show ID when we paid. I guess they get customers who sneak into the buffet without paying? They could have been a little more customer friendly.
We would return to the Red Rock Resort. We are not gamblers, but we enjoyed the resort and all there is to do in the area (Red Rock Canyon, etc.).

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple