“Disappointing”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Spokane, Washington
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Recently we visited this restaurant while vacationing in Las Vegas. We were told it was a wonderful breakfast place. I don't know if we visited on an off day, but our service was poor. We spent a lot of money for breakfast ($80.00 for my family of 4) but we couldn't get our coffee refilled, our server didn't check on us after we ordered, and our food was not hot. We felt very rushed. I felt I spent a lot of money for inadequate service.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Jkkazz

Phoenix, Arizona
“Not as good as I'd been lead to believe”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

All the reviews raved about it, but my husband and I were seriously underwhelmed. The queue wasn't too bad when we arrived, less than a 5 minute wait, but the order took FOREVER to arrive. My husband had the corned beef hash and there was plenty of it and he said it was tasty but nothing brilliant. I had the sun dried tomato, artichoke heart, spinach leaf and two egg hash and I was unimpressed. The eggs were cold. No surprise as the skillet was cold too. The cubed potatoes were overcooked and cold as well. Hardly saw the waitress the whole time. Coffee was just OK, not great. For the price we paid (about $42 for us both) we might as well have just gone to the buffet at the MGM Grand where we were staying. It would have ended up almost the same price. The experience was further ruined by the patron in the table behind me who seemed intent on sharing her bronchitis with me. The only good bit was watching the server with the mohawk trying to work out how he did it. The other wait staff seemed bored and indifferent. Not worth the trip downtown at all and I guarantee we'll never go there again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Paula D
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“One of a kind breakfast hash”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I don't know how we found this place originally. Think we were looking for a regular breakfast place off the strip. Now we make a point to have breakfast here every year on our visits to LV. Mary cooks up some of the best and most unusual hashes you'll ever find. I don't even normally like hashes and order them here now without fail. Plus there is homemade cinnamon rolls and if you want jelly you'll be offered a tray to choose from a dozen different homemade jams and jellies. Apple cinnamon is a winner. Don't expect any fancy atmosphere- the restaurant is in a strip mall, just good food.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Diane H
South Jersey
“A must-visit every time we're in Vegas”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

When we come to Vegas (annually, on average) we always take the short drive away from the Strip to visit Mary's for some hash. Yes they have plenty of other menu items, but I'm a purist, I go there for the stock-menu corned beef hash. :)

When you pull in, you notice those blurbs on the shop windows? "As seen on this tv show, as featured in etcetc" ? Well there's reasons for that: Homemade hash. Fresh biscuits. Your choice of an entire tray full of different types of jams and jellies. House-made spicy ketchup.

All for half the price of what you'll pay to choke down day-old eggs at a casino breakfast buffet.

Just GO.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank MalteseFalcon
Long Beach, California, United States
“A Must Stop Every Vegas Visit!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

OMG! The best eating spot in Las Vegas by far. We had such a great time here. The food is beyond delicious. Our daughter recommended this restaurant to us who lives in Las Vegas. This is a must return to this establishment. its hard to describe food perfection via writing it. Service was on point and the presentation and flavor was unreal it was so good. Sustainable foods and everything is fresh. I am having food rush flash backs right now!

• Visited March 2014