“Little bit outdated but nice place”

Hooters Casino Hotel
Ranked #124 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A little bit outdated but a realy nice place, i stayed on level 16 oceanview room, the only complaint i have is the aircon is a bit noisy but other than that the room was good, cleaned everyday with fresh towels and bedding, i never used the pool but it looked realy nice and there was a pool bar, they have 4-5 resteraunts-bars on the casino floor, i only used the hooters bars but they had good food and the prices werent to steep and they have happy hour from 2 to 7 everyday, 2 for 1 on beers and other drinks

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see that you had a good stay with us. We hope that the next time you are in Las Vegas, you will again choose to stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Hooters Casino Hotel

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Last March of 2014 I had the worst experience at this hotel. Management took control a week later and invited me back. I accepted their offer and returned on June 29 for two days. What a turn around. Everybody was so friendly. I can't say enough for these people. My brother and I had a wonderful time. He is handicapped and the staff took care of him personally. Thank you Dewey and Dawn for being a great hosts. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David G
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your review. Thank you for coming back and staying with us. I am pleased to see that you had a good time! We can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is one of the smaller hotels we have been to in Las Vegas, there isn't to much to do for children except the pool is open until midnight which is fab, my 5 kids who are aged 7-16 loved it the pool was really refreshing and had a brilliant atmosphere, the hotel was lovely and clean. On arrival at the hotel we were very hot and very tired as we drove from Hollywood straight to hooters in which our rooms were not ready, which normally would be ok but the manner we were treated by the reception Lad was extremely unhelpful and some and a little patronising, and when your hot and tired can be a massive leg down, but when we were approached by the lady she was extremely helpful. Rooms were fine, clean and tidy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chavpants
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am happy to see that overall your stay with us was a pleasant one. I would like to apologize for the lack of customer service you received when you checked in with us. This is not our standard and I will be discussing your review with my staff. We hope that you will again choose to stay with us on your next visit to Las Vegas.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is obviously a older hotel but the rooms were clean and well kept. It has a Kuerig coffee maker which was a huge bonus!!!! You go in and don't expect 5 star but you also come out and don't get 1 star.

The valet staff were super friendly and it is much easier to valet there then to try and park your own car!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nancy S
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that you had a great stay with us. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I got a room at Hooters simply to be near the action on Las Vegas Boulevard. Upon check-in, I was greeted by a curt and unfriendly desk clerk. I was given a room with a decent view. However, the room had several problems. There was black mold inside of the heating/cooling vent in the bathroom, for one! The television was an old tube set that my parents threw out years ago in order to get a flat screen television. The air conditioner looked like a community college project - it must have been at least 30 years old!

When I arrived, the first thing I noticed was all of the unsavory people standing in front of the place, and some of them looked pretty rough. The casino was average, but the dealers I encountered seemed unhappy. The best thing going for this joint was their Onion restaurant, which prepared good food.

I really don't go to Hooters restaurants, but judging from this casino, their chain must be losing touch with its customers and poorly managed overall. I honestly do not understand how they think they can continue to attract customers by selling "lipstick on a pig." Some of the girls were nice, and a few were pretty, but some of them were unfriendly and kind of rude. Slapping up knotty pine lumber as an accent in the facility might be tacky and cute, but paying customers don't appreciate it so much - especially when it is a cheap cover for inadequate facilities that are dirty, outdated, and WAY overpriced. I paid $190 for a room in this dump on Saturday, and $109 on Sunday, and it should have been a third of this price for what it offered.

Not all of the employees were unfriendly. There was an older woman working the front desk, and she was nice and helpful, as was the woman who was my server in the Onion restaurant. Some, however, just seemed downright miserable, and one actually mentioned to another how she was looking for another job somewhere else. It makes me wonder how this company really treats its employees behind the scenes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank SummaCumLaude35

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues you had during your recent stay with us. This is not the experiece we strive to provide for our guests. I have sent you a private message, as I would like to look into the issues you described.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Ok, let me start this by saying I am not some high-class, over the top kind of person. However, I have stayed at Motel 6'S in ghetto's of Detroit that were nicer than this place. I guess I should have known better being that this is a Hooters, and the type of patrons who frequent these places aren't the most clean, responsible people. Mostly old grungy dudes looking for cheap beer and broads.
On to the review: The rooms are in dire need of updating, I mean the tv is from like 1997! the carpet was gross and I wore my flipflops even in the bathroom. The hallways reeked like weed all day everyday- (which I wouldn't have minded so much if they would have offered to share ;p) haha.
Anyway, the elevators are tiny and the "balcony" is a joke, you can't even stand on it its so tiny, the rooms across from the "bayview" rooms didn't even have a balcony- just a fake railing. Techno music bumps all day into the night by the pool and you can hear it from 8 stories up. The sheets and bed were alright, clean and not too uncomfortable. The pool is small and the floors and edges of the pool are dirty, there is a weird sewage-like funky smell in that area as well. for as much time as we actually spent in the room I just decided to deal with it and know that next trip to Vegas will be spent in a DIFFERENT hotel. The thing that sent me over the edge with this place was that at the end of our stay we were charged a "RESORT FEE"! Seriously??! ohhh yes, they called this place a "resort"! hahahahah!! that cost us an additional $16 per night we did not plan on spending!
The only nice thing I can even say about this place is they have 24hr $5 blackjack whereas most places have higher minimum bets, thats all I can say about that! Would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: just avoid this place at all costs
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cookie123456789

Thank you for your review. I apologize that your recent stay with us was less than satisfactory. It's my hope that you will stay with us again and give us another opportunity to provide a great guest experience. I have sent you a private message regarding your stay.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

On our last trip to Las Vegas, we decide to stay on the strip compared to staying on Freemont. We haven't stayed on the strip in a long time but were going to a Billy Joel Concert at the MGM so we picked Hooters because the price was decent and right across the street from the MGM. The hotel itself was small and a little dingy. It was an old outdated hotel but over all clean and inexpensive. The room was simple. The bed was OK. It was a little squeaky and lumpy but it was OK. Even though the bathroom tile was a little cracked and there were stained carpets, it was still clean and housekeeping gave us everything we needed. The pools are what made this place wonderful. There were 3 pools and a waterfall as well as 2 hot tubs. The bar outside was nice and the servers were great! They had 2 different DJ's on the weekend which made it a fun party atmosphere. The place was full of families and couples. Drinkers and non drinkers. I didnt see anyone getting out of control except for some kids who got scolded for running by the pools. They had a volleyball net in the one pool and we played for hours with the other guests that were there. They also allowed beer pong and the game corn hole. The beer was a bit pricey. We spent $26 on a bucket of Coronas. It is what it is though when it comes to Vegas. I love roulette and played 2 different nights. The dealers were nice and fun! Great characters. One of the dealers even got me to play longer because she was so nice and said if I left her table, she would be bored. I did over all win, but played out my winnings and eventually lost. Thats OK though- its Vegas!! Over all, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DEVIN M

Thank you for your review. I am so happy to see that you had such a good time while staying with us. I am also glad to see that you had a great time at our pool. We try to provide our guests with a fun atmosphere and it looks like we succeeded. Please come back and see us again soon!