“Don't stay at Hooters”

Ranked #132 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Placentia, California, United States
“Don't stay at Hooters”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Out dated room, only full size beds, no fan in bathroom, old TV that sucks, too many kids at the pool. Only good things were the comfy bed & the pool was nice. But I won't stay at Hooters again.
And staff was rude & slow. My friend actually saw a staff member cussing & yelling at another staff member.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Diana Z
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues you had while staying with us. We strive to provide the best guest experience and it appears that we did not do that during your visit. I will be sharing your comments with my staff and it's my hope that you will come back and allow us another opportunity to make your stay great.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Last minute vegas run for this weekends fight at the MGM, Found a room here which seemed great since the MGM is across the street, Well walking in you get the sense something's off here, the lighting is dim, it feels dirty walking through the casino, we checked in than made our way towards the elevator, we stepped in with 4 other persons and the elevator stopped for about 3 minutes than started again, I told a security guard what happened and he said that it happens on and off!! (WHAT), We decided to relax at the pool because it looked so nice on-line, WRONG! There are 3 pools and there water was equally cloudy, there is a strong smell coming from behind the property that you cant help but notice, A lot of drunk party goers walking around mixed in were a bunch of children, We left after watching two girls vomit near the big pool, Now the room! TV was still from the 80's, the carpets seemed old and frayed, the shower was awful, and we had too flush the toilet 3 times to clear it, the ice machine did not work, we had to walk up one flight of stairs to get ice throughout our stay, the first time I ventured out to get ice, I noticed a room tray with left over food from room service, when we left our room to go too gamble at the MGM, we returned bout 5 hours later and the tray was still there, We called it a night, than decided to hit the hay, the bed was the only good thing about the hotel, Saturday we woke up got ready than decided to spend the whole day across the street, I opened the door and the tray from yesterday WAS STILL THERE!! (LOL) you cant make that up!! We left and did not return until midnight, we were hungry so went too the hooters restaurant which is in the hotel, BAD IDEA!! the waitress was awful, the food terrible, we ordered appetizers and they came last, we complained to the waitress and she said that her manager was in the kitchen checking why or order got messed up, 15 minutes later we could not find our waitress, we asked for the manager and told him of our issue, he said that this was the first time he was made aware of our issue!!!! We told him about the food being not very good, cold, and the appetizers arriving at the end of our meal, much to his credit he did comp the meal, but the experience we had was awful!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank david p
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues that you had while staying with us. We strive to provide our guests with a great experience and we did not do that during your recent stay. I have sent you a private message, as I would like to look into your reservation.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

TV was a box, no wifi, just internet which is a joke these days. Room was dirty and bath/shower was just a disgrace. Some people were very nice but girl bar staff seemed only interested in $$$$ (tip) more than anything else...this was a shame. "Resort fee" is a joke for what you get and probably never use...it was a rip off and thrown on you after you book your room. Stay here on a pinch but I would do all I could to stay elsewhere...such a shame!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Hn4u
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I'm sorry if there was confusion over our resort fee. It appears that we did not communicate this charge correctly with you. Our resort fee includes amenities such as water and coffee in your room every day, access to our fitness center and use of our WiFi. I have also shared your comments with my Director of Food & Beverage. It's my hope that you will come back and give us another opportunity.
OakHills
Reviewed 12 July 2014

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT stay here. Recent cleaning staff steals. When you report to security and manager on duty, they don't even pretend to care. There are plenty of other inexpensive hotels around. Do yourself a favor, please do not take the risk to stay here. Your stuff WILL come up missing.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kolster
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I have sent you a private message as I would like to look into your recent stay with us.
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay with the hooters hotel. The room was clean, food was good and the pool was nice. As for the service a lot of employees seemed down like they hated there jobs. I actually overheard a manger telling a employee to not make it a hostile work environment. Seems like the moral is way down. The only other thing I would recommend is watch out for H at the front desk. Shes helpful but can be very rude. Overall not a bad trip I'd stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alisonc172
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that your interactions with some of our staff were unsatisfactory. I will share your comments within our departments and it's my hope that you will come back and see us again.
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Booked into Hooters for 3 nights with a bunch of work colleagues after a hiking trip to the Grand Canyon. We paid around $19 per room/night which was an absolute bargain.
OK the rooms/corridors are a bit worn but it was clean and there was plenty of space in the room around the two Queen beds. The towels were of a good quality.
We ate in the restaurant on an evening and for breakfast. The wings are the speciality and pretty good and no complaints for breakfast either.

I'd definitely stay here again if I was on a budget and not particularly looking for a touch of luxury.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank tachick
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am happy to see that you had a good time while staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

It is a nice, clean property. Room was in very good shape. Not a lot to do here, beer & liquor is very overpriced, even for Vegas ($10 for a domestic draft). But, walking distance to Excalibur & MGM is directly across the street. All in all a good value to stay at for the money. Just wish the staff was more friendly. Housekeeping was only the ones to even say hi during my 5 day stay. Waitresses, management & dealers (who have empty tables) didn't even seem to offer a smile. If your looking for a clean place to stay, don't mind walking a bit and don't mind being ignored, this is a great value. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review. We strive to provide the best customer service experience for our guests and it appears that we did not deliver on your recent stay. I have passed on your comments to the appropriate departments. It's my hope that you will come back and allow us another opportunity to provide you with great customer service.