“Great Hotel Crappy Tv's but still Great”

Hooters Casino Hotel
Ranked #128 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Great Hotel Crappy Tv's but still Great”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

So this was my first trip to LAs VEgas and i picked the Hooters spot because i was coming aloone and it was in my priice range. I arrived to the hotel pretty early in the morning i believe 1030 or maybe 11am i was greeted and assisted very fast and they even let me check in early. I paid a few bucks extra but i was cool with that actually thought it was going to be more so i was more than happy. I Stayed for 4 days and the rooms were great aside from being a little older i had no problems with it. OMG the beds were super comfy to whicvh i was surprised. Its somewhat basically at the start of the strip which i was cool with. Monorail was right across the street at the MGM (same place i got off the airport shuttle at) I really enjoyed the hell out of this place so much that im coming back for my Birthday weekend Sept 29th thru the Oct 3. Only thing i was kinda BLAH about was those old tv's i mean come on i couldnt even play any video games because of the resolution and then there is the so-called Wi-fi (but ethernet cord was fine).
I am currently debating rather i should buy a small 24" tv to bring along wiht me on the next trip so i can at least enjoy my Rest day with some video games. Fingers crossed that they will have some Flat Screens next time around. Ill see how much the upgrade to one of the rooms with a flat screen will be but all in all its a very cool hotel and afforable especially once you add in all the resort fees the other hotels charge its not worht it for a solo traveler. Cant wait for the nest trip. 2 months in counting.

Room Tip: Bring Your Own Tv if your wanna watch movies or Play Video Games
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Holdmyown83
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am happy to see that you had a good time on your recent stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in September.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Quebec
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Was staying in Fremont strett for a week with a friend, but we get bored, so we decided the head near the strip and stayed at Hooters for one night (cheap room since we've already paid another hotel). The casino as been remodeled a bit and look nice. Room are still old and need majors upgrade, but it does the trick with 16$ a night price. Sure there is a resort fee, but every hotel in vegas now charge it. Played/drink/pool for the day and the hotel gave us a free room for a second night which was great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see that you had a good time while staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Don't stay at Hooters! Waited 2 hrs to check in, we were given a key for a room that was already occupied, once we settled that we were given a room where the ac didn't work We'll never be back! ever!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lupe J
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues you had while checking in and with your room. We want our guests to be happy with the condition of their room and will make every attempt to move our guests to a room that is satisfactory. It's my hope that you will come back and see us again, allowing us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Placentia, California, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Out dated room, only full size beds, no fan in bathroom, old TV that sucks, too many kids at the pool. Only good things were the comfy bed & the pool was nice. But I won't stay at Hooters again.
And staff was rude & slow. My friend actually saw a staff member cussing & yelling at another staff member.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Diana Z
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues you had while staying with us. We strive to provide the best guest experience and it appears that we did not do that during your visit. I will be sharing your comments with my staff and it's my hope that you will come back and allow us another opportunity to make your stay great.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Last minute vegas run for this weekends fight at the MGM, Found a room here which seemed great since the MGM is across the street, Well walking in you get the sense something's off here, the lighting is dim, it feels dirty walking through the casino, we checked in than made our way towards the elevator, we stepped in with 4 other persons and the elevator stopped for about 3 minutes than started again, I told a security guard what happened and he said that it happens on and off!! (WHAT), We decided to relax at the pool because it looked so nice on-line, WRONG! There are 3 pools and there water was equally cloudy, there is a strong smell coming from behind the property that you cant help but notice, A lot of drunk party goers walking around mixed in were a bunch of children, We left after watching two girls vomit near the big pool, Now the room! TV was still from the 80's, the carpets seemed old and frayed, the shower was awful, and we had too flush the toilet 3 times to clear it, the ice machine did not work, we had to walk up one flight of stairs to get ice throughout our stay, the first time I ventured out to get ice, I noticed a room tray with left over food from room service, when we left our room to go too gamble at the MGM, we returned bout 5 hours later and the tray was still there, We called it a night, than decided to hit the hay, the bed was the only good thing about the hotel, Saturday we woke up got ready than decided to spend the whole day across the street, I opened the door and the tray from yesterday WAS STILL THERE!! (LOL) you cant make that up!! We left and did not return until midnight, we were hungry so went too the hooters restaurant which is in the hotel, BAD IDEA!! the waitress was awful, the food terrible, we ordered appetizers and they came last, we complained to the waitress and she said that her manager was in the kitchen checking why or order got messed up, 15 minutes later we could not find our waitress, we asked for the manager and told him of our issue, he said that this was the first time he was made aware of our issue!!!! We told him about the food being not very good, cold, and the appetizers arriving at the end of our meal, much to his credit he did comp the meal, but the experience we had was awful!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank david p
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues that you had while staying with us. We strive to provide our guests with a great experience and we did not do that during your recent stay. I have sent you a private message, as I would like to look into your reservation.
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

TV was a box, no wifi, just internet which is a joke these days. Room was dirty and bath/shower was just a disgrace. Some people were very nice but girl bar staff seemed only interested in $$$$ (tip) more than anything else...this was a shame. "Resort fee" is a joke for what you get and probably never use...it was a rip off and thrown on you after you book your room. Stay here on a pinch but I would do all I could to stay elsewhere...such a shame!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Hn4u
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I'm sorry if there was confusion over our resort fee. It appears that we did not communicate this charge correctly with you. Our resort fee includes amenities such as water and coffee in your room every day, access to our fitness center and use of our WiFi. I have also shared your comments with my Director of Food & Beverage. It's my hope that you will come back and give us another opportunity.
OakHills
Reviewed 12 July 2014

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT stay here. Recent cleaning staff steals. When you report to security and manager on duty, they don't even pretend to care. There are plenty of other inexpensive hotels around. Do yourself a favor, please do not take the risk to stay here. Your stuff WILL come up missing.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kolster
HCHLV, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I have sent you a private message as I would like to look into your recent stay with us.