“Hooters is not for party poopers”

Hooters Casino Hotel
Ranked #130 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Herts
“Hooters is not for party poopers”
Reviewed 14 March 2009

Hooters is indeed a busy hotel, it was fun staying there as we got to meet new people, also have a friend who works their who tells me that once clocked in they are on the go from the start time. Hooters prices were reasonable so could not complain about that, the only thing that got my goat was the room was a bit muffy as though the sheets had not been changed in over a week apart from that I would recommend the hotel....the staff were superb, very friendly...I felt as though I'd known some of them for years.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto
Reviewed 12 March 2009

This is my 4th visit to Vegas and everytime i go I try stay at a different hotel. Although the building it has gone thru some serious changes I can honestly say i was not impressed. It all depends on what you are looking for, in my honest opinion and in comparison to the other hotels it looks tired and run down.
As all my other reviews, as long as the bed is clean and an hot water is available I am happy and since i got a great deal thru expedia I cannot complaint. However if you are used to more formal and structured hotels and resorts I do not recommend it. Having worked in the Hotel industry it can be a bit of a shocker as there is no formal lobby. The reception area is flushed to the left and not visible as the casino floor is immediately in front of it, I figured that the check in agents would have been HOOTER girls, sadly it wasnt, far from being hooter girls, there is plenty of then in the casino but none behind the front desk. (guess it would be too sexist)
None the less like i said the room was good size, the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom spacious. (safe in the room and iron and ironing board) Never took advantage of the pool since it was too cold to enjoy outdoor activities but looked good from my bedroom window. Only complaint i have is that the housekeeper forgot to take out the trash on the first day, and the hostess of the restaurant was miserable, we got there at 12:35 pm to go for breakfast on Sun morning and she did not even look up, all she said was that the buffet was cleared and when we pointed out the info in the elevator all she said was that they were old and have not been updated, but apart her everyone else was pleasant.
I will recommend this place as long as you are not looking for fancy decor, fine dinning, if you are in the mood for a good burger w/ fries, chicken wings and a cold beer its awesome! as long as you are willing to share the room with 21 yr old frat boys out to play....lol

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
arizona
Reviewed 10 March 2009

You deserve better!
The wings are good, the waitresses are sweet. But the owner/managers should get out of the business because this place is dirty and falling appart.

The scoop:
2 of the 3 Jacuzzis are ice cold., The third has no bubbles and a broken timer switch. Not only an electrical hazzard, but a slap in the face!
ALL of the pool area lounge chairs are filthy dirty with large black stains like something that came out of a dumpster.

Dirty used pool towels laying all over the place, no pool attendent or anyone on site to clean up the place. Looks like a frat party took place two days earlier and no one cleaned up.

My advice: Don't stay here. Call in for the wings, pick em' up and run back to Motel 6, its cleaner.

M~

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 9 March 2009

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel and it was pretty nice for the price so we decided to stay again because it was so cheap. On Saturday our rate was only $79, Sunday was $39 and Monday and Tuesday the rate was only $29/night. Everyone is complaining about how its now perfect but I look at it that I just got to take a vacation for dirt cheap. If you want something spectacular then maybe you should stay that the Wynn. We booked a bungalow but when we were checking they had none available so they upgraded us to the tower. I didn't find anything different between the rooms except the tower has a view. I had no problem with my stay. You have to remember that you are staying at HOOTERS!! I will stay here again just because I know it's cheap and I'm not in my room very much so why pay alot for something your not using very much.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dukegirl
wa
Reviewed 6 March 2009

Get another hotel if you can.. This Hooter hotel is dirty, Beds are over-used, un-sanitized, rooms are smelly, elevators don't work most of the time, I paid $100 a night that supposedly in the tower...they book me to this room 202 that has the ceiling and wall joints cracked open you can hear the room next door like without walls. 3 days stay I got Bed Bug Bites all over my neck, arms and back. Managers/employee are rude. And by the way, READ THOSE FINE PRINTS THEY ASK YOU TO SIGN.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Austin, TX
Reviewed 6 March 2009

OK the price reflects the Hotel. It was cheap we got a great deal, but we paid for it. The room had paper thin walls, it was not very clean and it really inspired us to leave the hotel as much as possible.
The location is great because you have easy access to other places in Vegas so you do not have to stick around the Hotel. It was a short walk to nicer Hotel Casinos like MGM, New York New York, Tropicana.... It was also a short walk to a bus stop for the Duece.
I did find it interesting that the advertise $3 blackjack 24/7. Now, they do not claim that it is 24 hours in a row. So, do not make my mistake and assume that there will be a $3 table. Plus if there is one open, (and only one) then it is too crowded to get a seat.
If you do not want to relax in your room, and want to use it as a place to shower and drop off your bags, this is the place. If you enjoy a good night sleep, this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 28 February 2009

For my friends 30th birthday we selected Hooters for the cheap price, and relaxed yet different atmosphere it advertised. However after 3 nights there, I was happy to return home. I selected the tower room hearing it was nicer than the free room, and it reminded me of a cheap Motel 6 room from the 80s. The furniture mimics the Hooters resturant, with the orange lamps and official Hooters magazine on the desk with suggestively posed Hooters girls throughout it. Although advertised as Floridan style, the fake palm tree and bedspread were probably the nicest attractions in the rooms. The artwork is guy related with Hooters bar paintings and boats. Stains litter the hallway and bedroom rugs. One of my plug outlets didn't work, and although Hooters website says coffee makers are included in the room you have to request it. I requested mine 5 times over the course of 2 days, 4 times by phone and 1 time at the main desk. You can hear everyone's conversations as you walk by their rooms. The ultimate kicker was that the website states the tower rooms have a view of the strip. Well mine.. was the view of the airport landing strip. The plus is that Dan Marino's resturant is excellent and if you want some "Coyete Ugly" dancing and drinking try out Dixie's which you will be sure to get a free admission card from the guys advertising the bar outfront in the lobby. In retrospect I can see where the hotel is a great idea for bachlor events or a guy outing, however for the girls I suggest avoiding this one.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends