“Great value hotel/casino”

Ranked #130 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Vancouver
“Great value hotel/casino”
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Hooters always has a great casual atmosphere. The place was hopping with lots of young people around during the spring break. We especially enjoyed the outdoor pool area, heated pool, sunshine, cheap beer! The restaurant was good, not exceptional, but good with some great deals ($10 prime rib dinner). The king bed was excellent and the room was large. The place does show a bit of wear and tear with some carpet stains, etc but about what I would expect for the price paid. We had a clogged sink and the battery ran down in the room safe. 2 people came up within 15 minutes of calling to fix the problems, excellent quick service given that it was late evening.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I travel to Vegas several times a year for weekend getaways, and I spend 80% of my time at the craps tables. Being a spring break weekend where Vegas was busy, I sought to avoid spending $500 a night or more on a hotel room that I spend very little time in. Therefore, I chose Hooters because of its moderately convenient location and cheap rooms. The rooms themselves were fairly nice. I stayed on the 17th floor with a view of the strip. The room was spacious and nicely appointed. I didn't find any problems like other reviews I have read, and the room was definitely nicer than rooms I've had at the Excalibur and Flamingo. However, in my seven previous trips to Vegas, I have only paid for my hotel room once without being comped based on my level of casino play. The casino at Hooters is very small compared to other strip casinos, but with 2 craps tables, I didn't expect having a problem getting a game. The problem is, 95% of the time only one table was open, and a "rocky" one at that--it wobbled anytime someone leaned against it. The one table was busy constantly, with people often 2 deep waiting to get into the game. At the times when both tables were open and full, after only being open a short time, they pulled the dealers off the table for other duties and closed the table despite being full. Then, the other table had an even longer wait than usual. I got fed up and played craps elsewhere for the weekend. I asked the cashiers at the casino cage why the tables were run so poorly, and was told that the casino was not fully staffed for the weekend and they couldn't handle the amount of people playing. It fails me to understand how a casino in a pretty prime location next to the Tropicana and MGM Grand could not adequately staff the casino on a spring break weekend when the town is fairly busy. Despite these problems, I tried to make the most of my hooters play in order to gain complimentary service, and chose to play video poker and blackjack instead. I spent a great deal of time doing this, playing $40 hands of blackjack. When checking out of the hotel and speaking with the host, how much of my room was comped? $12. This is a sad excuse for a casino. Myself and friends traveling with me that play similar to me vowed not to come back to the Hooters casino thanks to the poor treatment.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
HootersCasinoHotel, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2010
Thank you for your review. We apologize that your recent casino experience was unsatisfactory. Your comments regarding our craps tables will be shared within our Table Games Department in an effort to address your concerns and look for opportunities to improve upon this issue. We appreciate your business and your attempts to find answers regarding the staffing in our casino. Our Table Games Shift Manager is the person that would have the authority to make the decision to shift personnel and accommodate your request in relation to our table games.

We are glad that you otherwise had a good experience with us. The 17th floor accommodations you enjoyed overlooking Las Vegas Blvd. is one of our best rooms, and we are delighted that you were pleased with the spacious layout and wonderful view of the Las Vegas strip.

We do take your thoughts and opinions seriously, and we will be sure to address these issues to improve our customer service and guest relations. We hope that you’ll give us another opportunity to show you a great time here at Hooters Casino Hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Calgary, alberta
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Beat up elevators, smelly halls, dull grimy carpet, filthy windows (in the first room AND the one I then changed to). Otherwise okay. Cheap, but the only good thing is it's location. Boulder Station is cheap AND good, though further out.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
rebelhoots
Reviewed 23 March 2010

where do i start? being a hooter's girl myself, i was expecting service with a small, beauiful women, and some cleanliness. Boy was i wrong, it was dirty and smelled of vomit. the two days i stayed there i saw maybe 5 girls and they werent that friendly. i was sad, i take pride in the job i do hoping for repeat customers and i don't feel like these girls cared at all. sad sad sad. time for the hooters casino to update the building and re-evalute the girls service skills.

1 Thank rebelhoots
Wyoming
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Housekeeping needs to be re-trained. Hotel Lobby Employees and security were wonderful!! Room felt dirty. Food at Mad Onion was Yummy!! Loved the feel of the bungalows and being able to walk right out to the pool. Very Handicap Friendly.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Wisconsin

Enjoy the heated pool and Hot tub.Skip The Dam B ar Get a room in the Tower

Portland
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I have stayed here 7 times in the past year for business travel and it is consistently the same, which when traveling is nice to know what you are going to get. Room quality is average, relatively quiet and average service overall. The Hooters restaurant has the expected deep fried food and scenery, my experience has been poor service. The main restaurant, The Onion, has some healthy choices and much better service. The gym is nice and has good equipment. Surprisingly good gym. I have seen a few of the shows they offer at the hotel and they are entertaining. Pretty typical casino, smaller than maybe some other casinos. The main motivator for me staying here is the price.
Hooters hotel has really good rates online with room/breakfast packages and sometimes includes some gaming coupons.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business