“Could Have Been Better”

Ranked #131 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
CA
“Could Have Been Better”
Reviewed 6 June 2007

We stayed here cheap because we were going to one of those timeshare things, so i can't complain about the price. I would have never paid what they were asking for that night $287. This hotel is worth no more than $80-$90 a night. Only stay here if you have a really really good deal.

Pros:
-Right on the strip across from the MGM, behind Tropicana.
-Comfortable beds and pillows
-Casino has a laid back feeling
-Rooms have new furniture
-Safe

Cons:
-Small casino
-Small simple pool
-Parking lot elevators sounded like they were going to break
-Only one hotel elevator was working, the other was out of order.
-Elevators were hot with no air conditioning
-You can see where parts of the rooms were remodeled, with paint peeling behind wood molding and bathroom floor damaged.
-Several large carpet stains in the hallway

I believe this would have been a much nicer hotel if they just would have knocked down the old hotel and built a new one. It just seemed like the cheap way to make a hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Condition of hotel
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Meowmeowgurl80

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
seattle
Reviewed 6 June 2007

I looked over other reviews and my experience was very similar to another one posted here. We reserved a king size bed far in advance and when we arrived to the hotel we did not learn of the two twin beds until we walked into the room. Dealing with the front desk and management become a common theme on this trip because they made no effort to make the stay enjoyable. We actually received better customer service walking through other hotels on the strip and we were not even staying there. When I asked about the bed set up in our room I was also told they do not guarantee bed preference, only the room it self and that no hotel on the strip guaranteed it. So I called around to test this statement and my first two calls proved them wrong. If it were not for the convention in town and every other hotel booked we would have cancelled our reservations and moved to another hotel. Hooters hotel is also less then spectacular, the paint was peeling of the ceiling, the rooms were very small, and all of the little things you would come to expect from a hotel on the strip were no where to be found. Its as if they expect to thrive on name alone. If it came down to staying there again or canceling the trip I would cancel and look for another vacation spot. Pretty frustrating after coming home from serving my country in the middle east, expecting a relaxing vacation and having what should have been a wonderful time ruined by the horrible customer service of the hotel you are staying at. Never again will I return to this hotel and I tell everyone I know to avoid it, you should do the same.

• Liked — Location. Everything else was terrible
  • Disliked — Customer service, quality of room.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank whatever56

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

south bend
Reviewed 4 June 2007

Hooters has hit the strip. However several improvements need to happen soon.

Casino - Small but unique. I really liked the music going and the atmosphere. However game limits were high and most of the people staying there are on a budget. The budget players would walk to Tropicana to play.... I'm not sure why they have the poker room but mostly play on 2 tables outside the poker room... You come in from the parking garage right next to these tables. Very distracting.... Always people trying to get through.. etc....

Room - Well.... I thought the room was ok... We had a view of the pool and airport. However the window was so dirty that if you wanted any pictures you had to slide it open and stick you arm out the window. We called 3 times to get the window clean but management never called back... They just DO NOT CARE...

Parking - Well that is quick and easy but the elevators.. Honestly they sounded like they were literally coming apart. A must fix. Parking is abundant. A bit hard to get through the garage as they are tight corners.. Same way up is the same way down.. Watch out for the other guy.....

I was expecting a cleaner place since it was recently redone. But that is far from True. A quick paint job, new beds and coverings and that is it... They even still used the same ole door hinges from the San Remo that have years worth of paint splatter on them..

Only good thing going is the hooter girls... Poker room is a joke.. Management is very weak there too...

I will say I thought the RIBS at Marino's were good. All you can eat for $17... Nice waiter.. Good food...

• Liked — The staff was nice... Casino was nice and vibrant
  • Disliked — Management was no existent. Never fixed any of the issues (Dirty window, broken hair dryer, dirty carpet not cleaned)
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank babylou21
texas
Reviewed 2 June 2007

The reservations that we booked for our stay requested a king size bed. When we arrived we checked in with no problems, went up to our room and found 2 double size beds. My first agitation with them is they said nothing about this at the front desk. When we called to have the problem fixed they were less than helpful, and all they could say is that they only guarantee the smoking preference of the room and not the bed request. The attitudes of the staff was extremely rude and irritating because it was clear they could care less. We were told to call back the next morning for assistance in switching to a new room. The next morning we called and were told it was first come first served. I considered us first since we were there the day before requesting a king size room. They wouldn't even assist us, and kept saying they didn't guarantee the room and started to say they wouldn't even guarantee the smoking preference. Even the manager treated us rudely and wouldn't do a thing to satisfy the situation. I will never stay there again, and have told everyone I know it wasn't worth it.

• Liked — The buffalo shrimp.
  • Disliked — Everything else...especially the staff!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tazz3480
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2007

Stayed in the suite top floor. Room was OK, Staff was mostly friendly. Drink service at the pool was non existent. Location was good not near enough staff for the volume of people.

2 Thank CANADIANOntario
Toronto
Reviewed 6 May 2007

Let me preface this by saying that this is not a reflection of the above average service at the Hooters restaurant that is located in the Hotel.

We booked a non-smoking room with a king-sized bed.
Upon check-in, the clerks behind the desk told us that they were completely booked solid, and only had smoking room with 2 beds.
I asked for our money back, and were told that this was not possible.
Several minutes of arguing later, a non-smoking room with a kingsized bed "suddenly" became available.

We thought that this might have been an isolated event, but according to several other guests we spoke with, they were greated with an equally difficult time. 3 men who had booked a room with 2 beds were told that only a room with a kingsized bed was available until they argued a bit with the staff.

Coming back from the pool in our towels and bathingsuits, our room key did not work, and even with ID the housekeeping staff refused to let us into the room, and one of us had to walk through the whole lobby and casino area, dripping wet in a towel to fix our key.

Besides these complaints, the hotel was very clean, the beds were very comfy, and the casino, restaurants and pool fostered a fun and exciting atmosphere.

Not too far off the strip, and I would consider staying here again if I could get a good deal.

• Liked — The comfy beds and cheap price
  • Disliked — Poor service at the front desk
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
4 Thank kpjhughes
Madison, WI
Reviewed 1 May 2007

date: 05-01-07
From Wisconsin
I recently stayed at the Hooter's Hotel & Casino in April of 07. I was very surprised at how clean the casino area was. Check in went very smooth and fast. We did have trouble finding the elevators, but a friendly staff member named Michael showed us the way. The room was nice and clean, only problem was the noise coming from the pool area. Had excellent food and service at Dan Marnio's.. We also won some money at the Casino!!! The price was right I will be staying here again.

• Liked — The Casino
  • Disliked — The noise coming from the pool area/room
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with friends