“Excellent Value for Money - Good Location”

Hooters Casino Hotel
Ranked #131 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
South Wales
“Excellent Value for Money - Good Location”
Reviewed 22 June 2007

I was slightly concerned about my choice of hotels after reading the mixed reviews but I needn’t have worried.

The staff at check-in were helpful and friendly. We were told that they didn’t have any king-size non-smoking rooms available but would we be happy to accept a room with two double beds instead with the option of changing to a king-size the next day. After a long flight though we were more than happy to accept this. The room was fine – a good size with very comfortable but very high beds. We had an excellent view of the strip and it was quiet (well, except for the air-conditioning unit which was annoyingly loud!). The rooms are nicely decorated but they are obviously not to Bellagio or Wynn standard, but you can’t really complain when you’re only paying £25 per night!

Although everybody thinks of Hooters as a ‘party hotel’ we didn’t experience any excessive noise. One of the lifts was out of order for a day or so, which proved a bit of a pain, and they aren’t air-conditioned so when you’re stopping on every floor from the 10th in a small lift it can get a bit stuffy!

The hotel itself doesn’t have a huge amount of amenities but enough to keep you happy. The casino is small and friendly and it makes a nice change from the other ‘super casinos’ on the strip. There are plenty of Hooter girls to be seen although some seem more interested in chatting to customers rather than serving drinks.

I’d definitely recommend staying here, especially if you’ve stayed in one of the bigger hotels before and fancy a change.

• Liked — Price and location
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
6 Thank cstphns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2007

My wife and I stayed at Hooter’s Hotel and Casino from June 17, 2007 through June 20, 2007 in room 833. We took my father to Las Vegas as a Father’s Day present and he stayed in room 853. Having never even dined at a Hooter’s Restaurant and with my wife’s apprehension about staying at a Hooter’s establishment, we were both very pleasantly surprised and pleased with our accommodations.

As I needed to purchase two rooms, price was a major factor in selecting Hooter’s. I found a great deal on Expedia for only $33 a night! This was for a 3 star hotel that had a good ranking on TripAdvisor (no. 68 out of 240). The total price for two rooms for 3 nights plus fees and taxes was only $221.00. This was an extremely great value. To have stayed elsewhere on the strip at any decent hotel would have doubled the cost of the entire trip. I liked the location of the hotel as it was right across from a monorail stop at MGM Grand and down the street from a mini-mart. The elevators were all working and I usually did not have to wait long for one.

We checked in at 2:00 pm and were able to secure rooms before the official check-in time of 3:00 pm. We only had to wait about 8-10 minutes to be checked in. We were given smoking rooms, but as a nonsmoker I could not detect the slightest odor of cigarette smoke in my room. Our room was very clean, spacious, and did not show any signs of age. I liked the nice touch of putting large plants in the room, but felt the wooden décor was a little tacky. The rooms had a nice view of the hotels on the southern part of the strip (Luxor, MGM Grand, Excalibur, and Tropicana). The television had a large selection of channels and was nicely positioned right in front of the bed. The bathroom was very clean and was of average size that came with all the usual amenities including a hair dryer and vanity mirror. The bed was very comfortable, but the air conditioner was a little noisy. I did not hear any noises from the adjoining rooms.

The rooms were serviced every day, but some maids were a little too quick to open the door after knocking. The staff of the hotel was very polite and friendly. The drink service at the gaming tables and pool area was very good. I very much enjoyed the pool area, which had a lively atmosphere. There were two pools and two hot tubs. However, one of the hot tubs was cold all four days we stayed there. There were plenty of towels and security was always on guard.

We ate at the Dam Restaurant for lunch. The food was good, but service poor. I heard some of the staff members state that the restaurant was reduced to a “skeleton staff” to save money, which has had a proportional impact on customer service. The prices were very affordable. I appreciated the fact that the casino table limits were as low as $10.00. I walked across the parking lot to play Blackjack at the Tropicana where table limits were as low as $5.00.

Overall I very much enjoyed my stay and believe I got an excellent value for only $33 a night. I had stayed at the Hilton Hotel for my only other trip to Las Vegas and if given a choice between staying at one hotel or the other for the same price, I would choose Hooter’s.

Marc T. Hardekopf

• Liked — Affordable price
  • Disliked — noisy air conditioner
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank marc1976
TX
Reviewed 12 June 2007

I arrived late Wednesday night and was able to get the room I requested (king, nonsmoking). The room was clean with a view of the pool. I will say the the beds are wonderful but they are put on a metal box to make them higher. I hurt myselft twice because part of the bed frame sticks out. One of the elevators was out for 3 of our 4 days so it made going up and down a long wait. On our 3rd day our A/C went out but it was fixed by the time we returned to the room. Housekeeping was good but we had several lights out that were never replaced and the smoke detector was left on the desk the whole stay. For the price the hotel was fine. We did have issues with the casino because the craps dealers pulled our bets incorrectly twice, so that was frustrating.

If you are on a budget this hotel is good but I don't know if I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank vegasmommy
cardiff (County)
Reviewed 8 June 2007

Check in was easy, room comfortable and clean. The staff were generally happy and had more personality than at a lot of the casinos we played. Cant knock the location, short walk to MGM an New York New York. Dont really know why most people moan on here....what do you expect for 50 bucks a night?!?!? As long as you dont mind the smell of greasy chicken wings all the time and dont eat there (food was crap), you cant go wrong

• Liked — location, staff, rooms
  • Disliked — chicken wing smell
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank happyhooter
Virginia
Reviewed 8 June 2007

Our stay at the Hooters was fine...........it's a partying place, so definitely very upbeat and loud. But that's to be expected if you're going to this style hotel! The rooms were clean and neat, and we had a view of the pool, which was nice. Location isn't bad, either, just 1 block off the strip. Our only issue, was when we arrived at 11:30 am, and was told we had to wait until 3pm to receive a room key.......no problem. By 5pm, after 2 checks with the clerks, we still did not have a room, and they were just then sending the maid to clean the room (They had told us they were sending the maid 2x already, starting at 3pm when we originally came for the key.) At this point I was frustrated, as we had tickets for a show at 8, and needed to get ready, etc., so I asked our options. They replied, "We don't guarantee check-in time, nor do we guarantee the room you've paid to receive. Just that you'll have "A Room" by the evening." I have never heard of such a thing! Why on earth does one pay additional for a nicer room, if there's not a chance you'll get it??? I wasted money without knowing it! So, whether it's the response of a grouchy clerk, or their customary policy, I would not recommend based on the service levels. Otherwise, it would be a decent, less expensive option in a pricey city..............

• Liked — Neat and clean rooms and not a bad location.
  • Disliked — Front desk service was awful. Where I grew up, they would have been considered rude!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 2-Travelers-n-Va
CA
Reviewed 6 June 2007

We stayed here cheap because we were going to one of those timeshare things, so i can't complain about the price. I would have never paid what they were asking for that night $287. This hotel is worth no more than $80-$90 a night. Only stay here if you have a really really good deal.

Pros:
-Right on the strip across from the MGM, behind Tropicana.
-Comfortable beds and pillows
-Casino has a laid back feeling
-Rooms have new furniture
-Safe

Cons:
-Small casino
-Small simple pool
-Parking lot elevators sounded like they were going to break
-Only one hotel elevator was working, the other was out of order.
-Elevators were hot with no air conditioning
-You can see where parts of the rooms were remodeled, with paint peeling behind wood molding and bathroom floor damaged.
-Several large carpet stains in the hallway

I believe this would have been a much nicer hotel if they just would have knocked down the old hotel and built a new one. It just seemed like the cheap way to make a hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Condition of hotel
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Meowmeowgurl80

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

seattle
Reviewed 6 June 2007

I looked over other reviews and my experience was very similar to another one posted here. We reserved a king size bed far in advance and when we arrived to the hotel we did not learn of the two twin beds until we walked into the room. Dealing with the front desk and management become a common theme on this trip because they made no effort to make the stay enjoyable. We actually received better customer service walking through other hotels on the strip and we were not even staying there. When I asked about the bed set up in our room I was also told they do not guarantee bed preference, only the room it self and that no hotel on the strip guaranteed it. So I called around to test this statement and my first two calls proved them wrong. If it were not for the convention in town and every other hotel booked we would have cancelled our reservations and moved to another hotel. Hooters hotel is also less then spectacular, the paint was peeling of the ceiling, the rooms were very small, and all of the little things you would come to expect from a hotel on the strip were no where to be found. Its as if they expect to thrive on name alone. If it came down to staying there again or canceling the trip I would cancel and look for another vacation spot. Pretty frustrating after coming home from serving my country in the middle east, expecting a relaxing vacation and having what should have been a wonderful time ruined by the horrible customer service of the hotel you are staying at. Never again will I return to this hotel and I tell everyone I know to avoid it, you should do the same.

• Liked — Location. Everything else was terrible
  • Disliked — Customer service, quality of room.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank whatever56