Arrived via taxi from the airport so was interesting to see the whole set-up with gated entry and the security checking our name against expected guests. We were directed to Tower 3. Check in was fine, had to wait about 5 mins before being seen by Barbara. She was friendly, helpful covered all of our questions, probably one of the best initial experiences I have had from a Vegas hotel. We had no special requests, so were given a strip facing room on the 5th floor.
We had a standard Deluxe Suite. For a basic room at low cost, I think the room compare well to others at competing hotels. At 550 sq ft it is a little larger than the entry level at other hotels. I would have preferred a 1 bed suite but was under orders from my brother to keep the cost down. The room was clean and the standard pictures you can find on most sites give a good guide. There was some peeling wallpaper (noted by my bro) but I can't say it bothered me at all. The bathroom was fine, well equipped and spacious. I would have liked better spray options on the shower though as it was nice and large but no matter how I played with the shower head it was still quite concentrated.
The kitchen facilities were pretty good, a stove top, microwave, fridge, cuttlery, plates, glasses, coffee making etc. This compares to the Cosmo where I had a wraparound suite and despite having the kitchen, there was nothing to cook with or eat on. As we planned on doing some of our own cooking, I requested some saucepans (only had a frying pan) and they arrived later that day. For me the major plus is having a fridge, I hate hotels where you have nowhere to store your own drinks or milk.
I found the main bed too hard, I slept better on the sofa bed. The room was relatively quiet though although the large gap under the door meant that sounds carried from the corridor when people came home drunk. Overall though it was peaceful which was great.
The room had a small balcony but it was disappoiting that there was no furniture for you to sit on. At the least I would have expected some chairs and a table so that I could sit outside and have a drink overlooking the pool.
The length of walk seems to be a constant debate regarding this hotel. From tower 3 I timed the walk to the MGM at 5-6 minutes walking at an average pace. Obviously you then have to walk through the MGM to the strip. The other alternative is to go out through the front gates, turn left and walk down to the strip (brings you to opposite the Aria and Cosmo). If the walk is that much of an issue, stay in one of the hotels in the centre of the strip like the Cosmo, Paris etc.
I tried the Signature Tower 3 pool once and wasn't a fan. It doesn't get the sun until after 12 noon and I felt hassled by the staff (us Brits prefer the "we'll ask when we need you approach" rather than someone coming over every 30 mintes and asking if I want drinks). I mainly used the pools at the MGM and they were fine. On weekends it gets packed (particularly when they close the largest pool for a photoshoot!) but at least you have a choice of pools and sound levels. I probably prefer the Aria for the pools, but the MGM is pretty good.
I used the fitness centre a few times and it was always reasonably quiet and relaxed. There was a good range of equipment and I could get what I wanted done.
I didn't use Delights so can't comment. I used the starbucks in Tower 2 a couple of times and it was as you would expect from them.
Other comments / overall:
Reading what I have written it sounds a little negative, but this is a little unfair. Overall I really liked the Signature and would definitely stay there again. Next time I would just pay a little more for a better room. Having the kitchen facilities were a huge plus for me as it gave me options and also made it feel more than just a room to sleep in. Being attached to the MGM is a plus, particularly if you are young and want to party - Hakkasan and Wet Repubic are really going for it this year with their resident DJ line ups.
I would put it behind the Aria and Venetian in terms of places I have stayed at before, but the price and some of the in room extras add a lot. When I go back later this year, the Signature is definitely on my short list. The determining factors will be who I am with, what type of holiday it is planned to be and where in the strip we want to be based.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Signature is a world within a world. As your private portal to everything Las Vegas, you're free to indulge in an incredible array of diversions – with one commonality: an elevated level of personalized service. So whether you're grabbing a drink at The Lounge or basking in the private luxury of your own poolside cabana, you'll experience a level of attention and dedicated service that's unsurpassed, right at the heart of the most exciting city on the planet. Truly, this is Vegas at its best. As your gateway to this most incredible of cities, The Signature puts you at the doorstep of Las Vegas' most amazing experiences. Our concierge is just the person to open that door and show you the way through. Allow us to serve your every whim, from show tickets to procuring a table at that must-experience restaurant to making your golf reservations. And when you feel the desire to leave your tranquil escape for the excitement of Vegas, the gaming, nightlife and entertainment of the phenomenal MGM Grand is right next door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Resorts International, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Destinology, Travelbag, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Signature at MGM Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Signature Hotel Las Vegas
- Signature Las Vegas
- Mgm Grand Signature
- Signature At Mgm Grand Hotel
- Signature Mgm Grand Las Vegas
- Mgm Signature Las Vegas
- Signature Mgm Las Vegas
- Signature At MGM Grand Las Vegas