“I expected more.....”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #12 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I chose this hotel over a lot of other options despite the locations due to the excellent reviews posted on TripAdvisor. I arrived by shuttle to Tower 1 and began the check in process. This process was fairly quick and I was in my room in a matter of ten minutes.
Entering the room I noticed that the couch pillows were tossed about and that the room was not a strip view. I didn't mind the cushions but I did want a strip view.
Luckily, the front desk was able to accommodate my request with a room facing the strip. Unfortunately, the room wasn't clean. I'm not usually a stickler for such details but due to the amazing reviews I expected better.

The rooms had pistachios casings on the floor underneath the dining area table, hair in the bathrooms, saggy carpet in the bedroom, and dirty marked drapes. It was obvious that this room does not get a thorough vacuuming during stays. Honestly, being exhausted from the trip I made the best of the situation and tried to enjoy my stay for the week (shower pressure was also extremely weak).

With the room being a let down I'm glad that some of the staff made up for the disappointing living space. Surprisingly it's the younger staff members that are the ones that shine always providing quick, prompt, and attentive service. I was baffled when some of the older staff members would ignore guests in line constantly only to deviate from their computer screens when absolutely necessary. I won't be critical because I understand that I have no idea what they might be doing but acknowledging people in line would be nice. House keeping was also a pleasure as they went the extra mile in regards to towels, waters and other amenities. I guess sometimes that's the issue with reading reviews and expecting an amazing experience. Although The Signature was a let down I will try staying again in the future. But for the price paid I will def consider other options in the future that are closer to the heart of the strip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank EdmondJDantes
SignatureManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your guest experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally. We have forwarded our direct contact information to your message site so that we may address your individual concerns and provide resolution for the future. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to any additional feedback you may provide.

Catie Darbey
Assistant Manager of Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (12,875)

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This was our first trip to Las Vegas and my husband chose The Signature to stay at and we were so pleased with his choice. We loved not having a casino under us with all the smoke and noise. Checking in was easy and everyone seemed to bend over backwards to make us happy. Make sure you ask for a view room because having the balcony was wonderful. It was great being able to have coffee in the morning without having to go out to find it. We used room service one evening for dessert and it was wonderful. Our room felt like we were in a small apartment and we were comfortable the whole time. We didn't mind the walk to the strip or the MGM. Like I said, this was our first visit to Las Vegas but it won't be our last and we will certainly stay at The Signature again.

Room Tip: Request a high floor for an excellent view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luv2tlk2
Reviewed 17 January 2014

From the moment we arrived we felt very spoilt in this lovely hotel. All the staff from those parking the car, to helping us with our luggage and Concierge staff on reception were an absolute delight and made it very special for us. We stayed over the Christmas period and could not have made a better choice. Lovely apartment with kitchenette, bedroom, bathrooms, lounge area and balcony view over the strip - what more could one ask for? We had a wonderful few days stay and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The staff, facilities and location are fantastic. I have stayed here for two different conferences and have really enjoyed it. Non-gaming and smoke free are some of the best attributes. Very impressive quality and great list of amenities. I will stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry P
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I earlier submitted a 5 star review after American Thanksgiving in November last year that was rejected by TripAdvisor because some of my comments were taken out of context. I am re-submitting my review, thus. The resort is outstanding. It is a bit far from the main strip but parties that stay there should know that and book accordingly. It is not a casino hotel. It is more family oriented. With that caveat, the rooms are more than spacious, the service is great and it is pleasure to stay there.

To my main point of my prior review: all of the major higher end hotels I have stayed at in Las Vegas including Palazzo, Venetian, Wynn, Aria, MGM Grand to name a few, have security as you go to the hotel room to check if you are a guest in the hotel. The Signature lacked even the basis check if guests entering the long walkway to any of the three towers were indeed guests of the hotel. On both the Friday and Saturday of American Thanksgiving, there were a number of drunk younger patrons wandering the corridors of the walkway to the 3 towers. The entry way to the MGM Signature (near the MGM pool) has, in the past, been card key entry after midnight which, I suppose replaces the need for security. In the case of the Thanksgiving weekend, the doors were wide open, literally, when I came back after 3 AM on both the Friday and Saturday nights (Saturday and Sunday mornings). Given the patrons of the MGM Signature (a non-gambling, family oriented hotel), one would think the security should have tried to check that the drunks wandering the hallways were patrons of the hotel complex.

In any event, I would stay there again, but I will be careful when going down the long walkway from the MGM to the Signature entrance and even in the walkway to the towers. This has never been an issue at the after mentioned hotels given the security before you even get to the elevators.

Room Tip: The one bedroom with the balcony is worth the slightly higher price. You get a really good room wit...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bjbaron

Catie Darbey
Assistant Manager of Guest Relations

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Staying in the MGM truly gives the proper Las Vegas experience it has huge rooms amazing views somuch entertainment staying in the hotel all day can entertain you and keep you satisfied. Highly recommended hotel would say it's probably one of the best hotels in the works worth every dollar and gives the real Vegas experience

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brianyoungtravelor
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed in MGM signature for a night in LV. This hotel is 10 minute walk from MGM. it is connected to MGM internally. the rooms are large with good decor. The bath rooms are really large with premium amenities, Jacuzzi... Rooms have refrigerator and give a premium look. It is close to the strip but still away from the hustle. Overall good value for money

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business