“Signature at MGM Grand”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #13 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here for a week over New Year. Excellent value and would highly recommend it.
On arrival asked if it would be possible to have a high floor and was upgraded. Rooms are spacious, well equipped (you have to call house keeping for equipment required but it arrived within ten minutes). We were in the tower furthest from MGM Grand so it is quicker to go out of the side entrance and walk down to the strip, it gets you to a more central location than going out the front door of the main hotel.
Every member of staff goes out of their way to speak and all that we dealt with very a credit to their company.
One word of warning not about the hotel but the McDonalds within it, if you are eating late at night be careful to check that your food is cooked properly. Ours wasn't and as a result I was very ill, luckily I only had one bite. When we complained we were asked if we would like another burger!
This was our first visit to Vegas and this hotel is one of many reasons why will be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, if possible 35 or above.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
SignatureManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for sharing this positive feedback with us!
We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciate the opportunity to provide the details of your guest experience to our employees. We have provided our direct contact information to your message site in the event that we may provide any additional assistance. We truly value your business and hope that we may welcome you back in the future.

Catie Darbey
Assistant Manager of Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (13,034)

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Having a kitchen was great, rooms are clean and comfortable with ample room. Location was perfect as we were in tower 1, I would have been disappointed had we been in tower 2 or 3 as it is a bit of a walk to get to the mgm grand and strip. Overall loved this hotel, staff was friendly and helpful and always addressed me by my name. I will definitely stay here the next time I come back to Vegas!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The Signature at MGM Grand was a great place to stay in Las Vegas. A little far from the strip if you don't have a car, but otherwise fantastic. The junior suite was perfect for couples. I would definitely go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed here for 3 days with the family and it is very good experience. Definitely one of the biggest hotels I have stayed. The employees are friendly and it has valet parking too. I enjoyed the spa and showers very much.

Room Tip: Hotel is into two building. One of them has parking timings. I have to park at the other building an...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed at the Signature at MGM Grand. January 23-26 2014 (3 ladies - girls trip). This hotel has 3 towers located next to the MGM Grand hotel and the rooms are like small apartments. It includes a king size bed, a sofa bed, a kitchenette (microwave, small stove top, small refrigerator, granite counter top, coffee maker, utensils, cups/glasses), bathroom is roomy with a separate shower and Jacuzzi tub, door also separates that from the toilet which is nice. Very spacious.

When we arrived. We were greeted by a very polite and informative clerk (Cerena) at the desk, she was so friendly and welcoming, just made our long trip from South Florida to Vegas start off great. When we got to our room the room was spacious. As described above. We stayed in tower 1, 19th floor, the clerk specifically gave us a view of the strip which just added to our excitement. The rooms were very clean and smelled great.

The hotel itself is attached to the MGM Grand by walk ways, a word of warning it's a bit of a walk so wear comfortable shoes. If you decide to dress up and you are a lady, take "fast flats" you'll be glad you did, just walking from the Signature to the MGM Grand is a haul not to mention all the walking from hotel to hotel and cabs are a bit pricey so take the monorail, $12 a day is a good deal.

We ordered room service 2 times and both times although the wait was a bit lengthy, the service was great, they brought it over on a cart, set it up and took it promptly when we were finished. Since we were staying for 3 nights and were going to drive to the Grand Canyon one of the days we rented a car from Thrifty at the airport (took a cab - cost $28 w/ gratuity), parking for valet at the hotel is free (gratuity to valet guys only) however you will need a parking pass on your dash. The first day we brought the car in to park it, we pulled up to the security guard house, advised the elderly gentleman that we were parking for the first time, he opened the gate and we went through, just to find out that we had to get the car back, take it over to the guard gate again and get a parking pass. As we approached the guard house again, the elderly security guard, abruptly says, "have we gone through this already"? I said yes and I advised that this was the first time parking this car at the hotel and was told I need a parking pass on my dash. He promptly printed the pass (not happy mood from him), I parked my car and that was it. Next day (same elderly security guard) I came in from a very long drive from the Grand Canyon, exhausted, as I was approached the gate, I was getting ready to slide my room key when the security bar went up on its own, I thought he had seen my parking pass some how, I proceeded to pass through as I approached the gates, they began closing in on me so I began to back up my car to the security prompt to slide my room key. The elderly security guard began yelling at me, WHOA WHOA WHOA, GO AROUND! At this point I was fuming. I went around back to the place where I could slide my room key and he screams out are you checking in? I yelled back extremely annoyed, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I showed him my pass and he screams back, well you should have showed me your pass? I was beside myself but to tired to go on and on.

Anyway, just a word of warning with this because it can be quite annoying and aggravating. This is the only sore point I have with my experience, otherwise, all was FABULOUS. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Watch out for security at the gate when parking make sure you have your parking pass out and availab...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank dlmyvette
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My group and I have stayed at several Las Vegas hotels over the years and none compared to Signature in terms of ease of reservations (coordinating several rooms with various needs/dates), check in, check out, room quality for long stay (large rooms with balconies). Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Enjoy the balcony and fresh air!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

stayed here prior to the skylofts - great rooms - good facilities and nice gym etc.

If you can get the Skylofts these are perfect - again much better value than most major cities 4/5 stars.....

away from the hustle and bustle of the Casionsbut still part of the MGM complex

recommend

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B

Thank you for sharing this positive feedback with us!

Catie Darbey