Message from TripAdvisor:

“awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Signature at MGM Grand

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #13 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Sarasota, Florida
“awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

we had the jr balcony suite with adjoining rooms and couldnt be happier. each suite is perfect for 2 people. great view and i loved the lazy river pool. stay in tower one- its closer to the strip. good for people who want to stay out of smokey casinos

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Great stay. Service is excellent and it's in a great location. Its far enough for the hustle and bustle of the strip but it's also a few minutes walk to the strip. That was my favorite part. When I go back, I will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank a_smith_214
SignatureManagement, Signature Guest Relations at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for sharing this positive feedback with us!

We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciate the opportunity to provide the details of your guest experience to our employees. We have provided our direct contact information to your message site in the event that we may provide any additional assistance.

We truly value your business and hope that we may welcome you back in the future.

Brownhills, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Night 6 and 7 of 22 of my US roadtrip 2014.

Booked hotel through Expedia. Note - please advise Expedia about parking arrangements. Wasn't sure where to park and parked over in the MGM Grand parking lot then had a VERY long walk with luggage - little did I know that there is complimentary valet parking if you pull up at entrance on Harmon Avenue - this needs to be updated on Expedia as was very frustrating.

Noted on the reservation from Expedia that the sofa-bed is to be made up (please) as two guys staying - hotel only has rooms with one-bed (or so I am led to believe).
On arrival, was assured this was done.

Clerk at check-in rude and unhelpful (more below). Big fuss made over a pre-paid MasterCard which was quite embarrassing to me at check-in and didn't need to happen anyway as it was accepted anyway in the end after the rude clerk double checked with his manager. This seemed to get the guy doing the check-in frustrated though and set up the turn of events below.

Get to room 1 of 3 - bathroom dirty and dirty towels still in the room - housekeeping issue.
Call to front desk, operator explains very very sorry, not acceptable and offers an instant upgrade to Penthouse suites. Says that room move already done and they will know straightaway when I get to the Front Desk. Accepted thankfully, and told to go down to the front desk to collect new keys and return others. Go downstairs, deal with same guy who performed check-in. Still seemed to be perturbed by the fact that I am now moving rooms.

Now, this is where I start to get aggravated. I know the computer system the hotel uses INSIDE OUT (its part of my job), so my mind starts to wonder what's going on when I can see that he is tapping away on the keyboard, when all he actually needed to is cut the two new keys for the room...
I am then given keys for room 2 or 3. This is then a little higher up the building, but not the Penthouse floor like the Operator who I spoke with regarding the dirty towels/bathroom promised on the call...
Didn't really work this out until I got to room 2 of 3 and realised there is not upgrade been performed at all, and the guy at check-in has now downgraded us.

I call back and explain this, and the operator then confirms this, apologies once again and says she has room moved us back again to the Penthouse Floor, and will get the bellman to bring the new keys directly up the room. 15 to 20 minutes go by and no bellman. I call down again and the phone is answered by "Hello Mr Whitman" - erm, I'm not Mr Whitman...
I explain this and tell the operator I have been waiting for new keys now for 20 minutes and no one has turned up. Operator apologies again and says she will get this done right now and someone will be there in a few minutes.
Now this now has me even more worried. They have ROOM MOVED me again, and turned this room back as VACANT CLEAN/INSPECTED despite the fact the room is still OCCUPIED and they have checked Mr Whitman into this room.
10 minutes passes and still no keys. Call down, ask to speak with Manager. Manager Laura (I think) eventually comes on the line, deeply apologies - whilst on the call, Mr Whitman arrives into the room we are still waiting in! Mr Whitman is as surprised as we are (I was expecting this to happen though). Explain this to Laura who now is embarrassed and because of all this has now not only 2 guests in the same party but 3 with Mr Whitman.

Laura then comes up to the room (takes 10 minutes). Mr Whitman is then room moved as we have 'occupied' the room. Laura apologies for all the mistakes and is extremely sorry for this. Given $150 F&B credit for use in MGM restaurants/bars as compensation. Accepted thankfully and given keys to Room 3 of 3, finally on Penthouse Floor and the room is clean.

Now, it's not the fact that I demanded the upgrade. They offered it as compensation for checking me into a dirty/unfinished room, then the clerk with attitude problem room moves it BACK... so in effect cancelling out the upgrade I was offered - this is unfair and not very nice...

They should know to NOT do a ROOM MOVE on the system before the departing guest leaves the room! This was done twice to us, so must be commonplace to do this. It should have gone back is VACANT DIRTY or VACANT PICKUP, not VACANT CLEAN / VACANT INSPECTED.
I would expect MGM to know and do this, and not make such a basic error!

Other than that, the furnishings of the room are very good. Very clean and spotless. Nice big bathroom with double sinks, great view from the balcony, Wi-Fi signal good and strong.

Had to wait for housekeeping to come and make up the sofa bed.

We visited the MGM Grand Buffet for Breakfast & Dinner. Very good and impressive array of dishes.
Only comment regarding the buffet would be the amount of Soda's that are left over. They constantly re-fill these which seems to be a waste.

One our 2nd day, I went over and collected the car from the MGM parking garage and drove this around the front to pick up my friend. As I already had a room key, I used this at the barrier/gate which opened then drove up to Tower 1. When I arrived here, I needed to quickly nip up to the room... This got the valet parking attendant very cross as he said I needed a card?! What card? I had my room key... After a lot of arguing in front of other guests the Valet Supervisor comes over, realises what's happened and said this is fine, and takes the keys with no further word said... Why is it such an issue? If you have specific requirements on the valet details then make them known...
I cant be the only guest to arrive with a car AFTER I have checked-in?! I expect there are plenty of other guests who arrive, check-in then on check-out day go and get a car from McCarran Airport, drive back over and pick up luggage... The signs on arrival with a car coming off E. Harmon state LEFT lane - Non Registered Guests/Arrivals and RIGHT Lane Registered Guests. I chose the right lane because I had already arrived... Obviously not - Ok, my mistake but I wasn't aware of this and its not a good idea for your valet to start getting frustrated and angry with a guest, especially in front of other guests. Remember MGM - these are YOUR procedures, not mine, and how I supposed to know about this?!

All in all, I expected a lot better for the price paid, and the pure fact that there are a LOT of GOOD hotels in Vegas and one such as this shouldn't make such as mistake and the clerk who did the check-in and downgrade should be spoken to as because of his actions its cost MGM $150 in F&B credit, a poor review on here, and the fact that I will not stay at The Signature in the future due to all of this.

Room Tip: Highest possible overlooking the strip!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank 123NeilyB
SignatureManagement, Signature Guest Relations at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your guest experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally.

We have forwarded our direct contact information to your message site so that we may address your individual concerns and provide resolution for the future.

We certainly appreciate your business and look forward to any additional feedback you may provide.

Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This has become our top place to stay when we go to Vegas and this third visit reiterated what we came to appreciate about the property in the first place: Service. This is the most significant aspect we look for in choosing a place to stay. For my husband, the pool almost ties for first place. From the valet attendants and front desk personnel to housekeeping services and maintenance, service is a standout. I'd like to commend one particular gentleman: Mr. Tony Black. The DVD player in our room wasn't working; called the front desk to request some assistance. To our surprise, Mr. Black came right away. We weren't looking for that kind of super speedy service! He was extremely pleasant, very personable, and when we returned to our room...Voila! the DVD player was back in action. Aside from working his magic on the DVD player he took the time to leave us a note. "Thank you Mr. Black!" We had another wonderful and memorable stay at the Signature. Looking forward to going back in the Fall.

Room Tip: Because this property is smaller than many other properties along the Strip it's already quieter...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank crazyeses
Thank you for sharing this positive feedback with us! We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciate the opportunity to provide the details of your guest experience to our employees.

Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We booked a suite here in June 2014. They had an offer of $50.00 food and beverage credit. Interesting since when we got our final bill, drinks purchased in the Signature bar were not applied. I did call after we got home and they applied it. The resort fee is pricy and includes internet, fitness center, local and 800 calls, newspaper, and in-room coffee for the coffee maker. With tax it is an additional $28.00 a day. They had moving sidewalks that connected the Signature to MGM. Some of these were broken during our stay. They were great when they were working. Would I stay here again? Yes I would since I loved the fact that it was away from the congestion and craziness of Las Vegas. Nice hotel that was well kept!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank sparkygirl
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Very pleased with stay at MGM Signature. Be ready to walk if going to Vegas, or take a lot of cabs. Would recommend renting a car if an extended trip. Reminded me of tips to Disney World with the amount of walking.
Rooms were nicely furnished and comfortable. Nice jacuzzi tub in bathrooms with separate shower. Large bathrooms, could easily accommodate a couple people at a time getting ready. With a family of four this was nice. Staff was nice and accommodating to requests.
Did not notice noise from the hallways which was nice, however Vegas is Vegas and there is no telling what may be seen or heard outside the room or on the Strip.
Pool was nice, with a max depth of four foot in Towers 1 & 2.

All in all if looking for a trip to Vegas and a hotel that is not on the Strip, the Signature is a good choice. Hotel is connected to casino via walkway.

Room Tip: Would recommend high floor with view of Strip
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brice N
Thank you for sharing this positive feedback with us!

Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My stay was a very enjoyable experience. It was very relaxing to lay in the hot tub. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The view was amazing. The cleanliness
of the facility was excellent. The climate of my room was just right.

Room Tip: At this time I have no tip.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business