Message from TripAdvisor:

“Excellent hotel -- one of the best in Vegas -- but...”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #13 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Twin Cities
“Excellent hotel -- one of the best in Vegas -- but...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2009

I won't repeat what the other reviews have said. The rooms are fantastic. We stayed at the Wynn Encore earlier this week and the Signature rooms (and service) are better. I even liked the Signature suite better than the Palazzo suites.

Now the but part (and I'm sure this will stir up controversy!) The regular MGM and the Signature couldn't be anymore different. Because of that, you have a high-end hotel connected to a pretty mediocre one (for the strip). So if you like a buffet, you get the absolutely terrible Grand Buffet (at $26 for dinner). The Studio Cafe wasn't much better. The Casino is large in the MGM, so the walk from the Signature to the strip takes a little time (others have noted this). At somewhere like the Palazzo, you get better inexpensive restaurants and a different overall feel.

Still, we booked a Friday night at $189 with a $50 resort credit, the room was a steal. But -- I understand why they are having a hard time filling the Signature. Too bad it wasn't in a better location.

Still, highly recommended.

2 Thank dave9956

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Gulf South
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2009

We enjoyed our stay in Bldg. 3 - a nice complex that was just far enough from The Strip to be a welcome respite after a day/night of activity. Our 1-bedroom suite booked through Luxury Suites Int'l. was roomy and comfortable. A plus: two roomy showers and a Jacuzzi tub. The walk to the MGM Grand and elsewhere is no better/no worse than anywhere else in Vegas. Fortunately, Starbucks is along the way. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only drawback was an odor that appeared to have come from the AC unit. We noticed it at night and called the front desk, however was told that since the unit is privately owned, Luxury Suites would have to take the complaint. Of course, they didn't take calls after hours. We just shut down the AC and opened the balcony doors to air it out. Otherwise, this was a great deal

4 Thank BayouBleu
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2009

I LOVED everything about the Signature! From the moment you are greeted at the curb by the doorman, you KNOW you are in for a rare treat. After spending six days in the hurly-burly atmosphere of downtown, we thankfully moved to this oasis of calm, located behind the MGM/Grand. If you prefer the clanging of the slots, and screams of delight from craps players, this is not the place for you. If, however, you are looking for an escape from the casinos, noise, smoke, and bustling crowds, the Signature fits the bill perfectly. A completely NON-SMOKING property, elegantly appointed with soaring ceilings, the Signature is just bright and beautiful, and the impression lasts throughout your stay. We were on the 32nd floor of the first tower, with a balcony looking out over the Strip (and the unfortunate monstrosity that is Planet Hollywood's Westgate tower). The room was VERY clean, with a wonderfully comfortable king bed. Bathroom had a separate toilet area, huge glass shower, and jetted tub. Flat screen tvs in both the bathroom and the living area. The room was also equipped with a kitchenette area. I hate saying "kitchenette", because it conjurs images of my dinky college apartment, but having the ability to cook, or make coffee, or bring leftovers back to your room just made the Signature more like home to me. Only nicer, because you have someone cleaning up after you. And the cleaning staff is friendly, thorough, and quick.
My husband and I have been to Vegas probably 20 times, and have stayed everywhere--Venetian, Circus Circus, Luxor, Flamingo, Stratosphere (when it was Vegas World), Mirage, Excalibur, MGM Grand, Candlewood Suites, Golden Nugget, etc. (Obviously not everywhere, but you get the idea.) The Signature at MGM Grand was, by far, the most enjoyable property we have encountered, and that being said, we are loathe to even try Wynn or Encore or Bellagio. First of all, we don't have that kind of money to shell out, and secondly, why bother? This property had EVERYTHING we wanted. Highly recommended!!! You won't regret it. If you have questions about this property, please don't hesitate to contact me, I'm only too happy to help.

7 Thank Karen R
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at the signature. The service was AMAZING and I really don't think anyone else could beat it. I requested a room in tower one since almost everybody on trip.advisor said it was the only tower that was acutally close to the strip. I actually loved the location of this hotel. I was there on spring break yet the hotel was not loud and there were plenty of spring breakers there (myself being one of them). I found that if you want to get to the middle of the strip chuck the moving walkways and just walk out the front gate. It's a block down and it puts you on the strip right by Bally's. So depending on where we were going determined which way we left the hotel. The first night we walked on the moving walkways, out of MGM and we were going to the Bellagio!!! Big mistake. We didn't realize our error until we were taking a cab back. The main things that made me LOVE this hotel was the huge jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. My boyfriend is 6'3 so we need a big tub to lounge together in. This tub did it. We rented a car and valet was excellent. Someone stated in a prior review that they would call valet to bring around their car and when the got downstairs the car still would not be there. Not so in our case, EVERY time the car was waiting on us. The in-suite dining is pretty great too. I ordered the signature breakfast on a whim the first morning and the food was incredible. The pancakes were the best I have ever had (so was the apple chicken sausage) We ordered breakfast in every morning after that. It was pricey but well well worth it. I also loved the doorbell and the do not distrub button. I hate those little hang tags. I've been to Vegas a few times before and this was the best time I've had hands down due mainly to the Signature (and O by Cirque De Sole, Fatburger, Slots of Fun and their 8.95 yard drink, don't miss it, and X Burlesque) Check it out. It's worth it. By the way, the Tower one pool was open although it wasn't suppossed to be and I also loved the service there and comfy chair covers.

5 Thank mzbuttons
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2009

We booked this hotel based on the reviews on this site. All the positive things we read about this hotel are true. The only minor problem is its location. As many reviews pointed out, it's a 10 minute walk to the main casino and MGM Grand. Otherwise it's luxury at an affordable price.

• Stayed March 2008
2 Thank sea2skyaus
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2009

My wife, myself and 2 teenagers stayed here the 4 days before Christmas. This is by far the nicest Hotel/Resort we have ever stayed. The service is impeccable and everyone will bend over backwards to help you. They printed out our boarding passes for our return flight for us. They offered to open the cafe/bistro if we wanted anything to eat, even though they had already closed. We had just a standard room (Junior Suite) and it was great. Luxury bath with whirlpool tub & large glass shower, marble floors and counter tops, etc. Everything about our stay was a joy and the value was outstanding as we got our room for under $100/night through Air Tran vacations pkg. We loved it.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank dburch
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2009

I can see why this hotel rates so well with romance-seekers: our one-bedroom suite was cozy and intimate, which posed a challenge for our group of girls hitting Vegas for a fun weekend. However, I can't say enough about the super-helpful staff that always ended any interaction with "May I help with anything else?" In fact, the best service they provided was as we checked out and the front desk printed our boarding passes for us to take to the airport. The suite itself was impressive: full kitchen and two full baths, clean and comfy. I would definitely recommend for a couple, but if traveling with my girlfriends again, I might go for something more centrally located with more of a party vibe. I was disappointed to pay a $20/night resort fee for amenities we didn't take full advantage of (including free wireless internet), but will remember to do so when I go back.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends