“Lived up to expectation”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #13 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 May 2009

The Signature totally lived up to our expectations. Main good points about it are easy check in, peaceful compared to rest of strip, excellent room service and extremely comfortable rooms. I also enjoyed having a balcony as this seems to be rare in Vegas.

Only bad points are the resort tax which is a bit steep and the distance needed to walk to get through the MGM Grand although this is avoidable since location of Tower 3 means you can easily walk out the back entrance and find yourself at Planet Hollywood.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jude242
Write a ReviewReviews (13,034)

Reviewed 28 May 2009

After almost destroying our bodies hiking in Zion National park, we spent two days in Vegas to recharge, relax, eat good food, and pamper ourselves a bit. These we did at the Signature. This hotel was ideal for us, we aren't really into walking the strip. The Signature was connected to, but isolated from, the hustle of Vegas. During the day we could relax at the pool (Tower 3), or go to the MGM's pool complex and its party atmosphere. The Signature offered an oasis in the craziness of Las Vegas.

We checked in at 3:00 and it only took 10 minutes, the entire staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, except the consierge who never answered their phone.
The rooms (Jr. Suite) was large, completely equiped with everything (including kitchen utensils) the bathroom was vey large with a separated toilet room, the shower was roomy and the water pressure was perfect. The room was very clean and the furniture was in great shape. The bed was very comfy, perfect for our sore bodies.

Though the Signature is a bit removed from the main action of las Vegas, it is still a fairly short walk through the enclosed walkway to get to the MGM Grand and all it restaurants, pools, the spa and the casino. With the complex connected to the monorail, going to other hotels on the strip was fairly easy.

This hotel is not set up for the party crowd, though the MGM is right there for that.
The fitness center was clean and well stocked with equipment, clean towels, and headphones so my wife could get her workout in and drag me along so I could treadmill while getting caught up in all the news we missed in Zion.

I would highly recommend the Signature at the MGM to anyone who likes doing Las Vegas but wants an option to get away whenever they desire. We loved our stay there.

The only compaint we had, and it's minor, is that they would not allow us to get a late check-out. Our flight was at 5:00 and the only thing they offered us was that the bellmen would store our bags until our departure time. There is not even a hospitality room for any former guests to freshen up in before leaving. We won't hold that against them, the Bellmen were extremely pleasant and helpful and we enjoyed our stay thoroughly.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JTS-Indy
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Initially the front desk put me on the 5th floor in room 714, but then the same night, I requested a better room and got a penthouse room on the 38th floor, same room number.

I drove to Las Vegas from my home in Canada as I felt it was time for a change of scenery (better than staring at a bulkhead wall in first class on the plane for 2 hours or so)

I took plenty of photos on this floor and the penthouse balcony was wide open -- a potential security hole there but I respected my neighbors privacy!

The hotel concierge was helpful with planning i.e. parking and what not.

Bryant

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 26 May 2009

This has to be one of the nicest places I have stayed.

The whole experience was amazing. The rooms are perfect, great view of the strip. Classic and stylish rooms with everything you could wish for. Brilliant staff, the pool was lovely. A short walk from the strip, so you were near enough the nightlife, but felt like you were returning to somewhere totally different.

I would certainly go back to Vegas and would not stay anywhere else. You will not be disappointed. I haven't got much to say about it, because it was all perfect, not one thing I would change. Worth every penny.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank NoTack
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Just spent two nights in tower 3. I can't add much to the other reviews except to say that if you want a little peace and quiet during your visit this is the place to be. Loved the separate and peaceful pools, the serene lobby and the view from our room. All perfect. The length of the walk to the strip is certainly not difficult and it felt good to get back to our quiet side of Las Vegas. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tituspaddler
Reviewed 26 May 2009

I actually have not heard of the Signature until I saw Trip Advisor, and was surprised to see it as the best hotel in Vegas strip (except Skylofts). It was ranked higher than Wynn/Encore/Venetian, so I wanted to check it out.

Pros
+ Great location (very close covered walkway to MGM)
+ Great rooms (very modern, user friendly)
+ Great service (everyone from housekeeping to check in staff were friendly)
+ Large bathtub (with jacuzzi)
+ Very high speed internet (the fastest internet I have experienced in all hotels I have stayed in, and it is free)
+ Very modern decor (including lobby, restaurants, bar)
+ Delicious on-site restaurant (called delight, a self-service restaurant, but great food)
+ Nice pools (in Tower 1 and 3)
+ Doorman/bell desk in each tower - very personalized service
+ No long walks through the casino to get to the elevators

Cons
- A little off-beat location
- Pool on the small side
- Water pressure in shower a little weak

The hotel was wonderful. Since there are three towers, and each with its front desk, doorman, pools or fitness center, elevators, it makes for a very private service. Unlike many mega resorts in the strip, this hotel provides a more intimate and peaceful experience. I highly recommend the Signature - it is one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank kceesse
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Check-in was chaotic. At 5:30 pm they said I was lucky that there was a room clean and available.
Jr. suite was nice but snug for LV...balcony had no chair or table. Nice bathroom.
I turned on the "maid service" button at 10 am and had to remind them at 5pm to do the room.
Valet and bell were spot on, kind and helpful.
I generally like a young crowd, but they were as markedly trendy as a gay white party, but without the friendliness.
I loved the smoke-free, the proximity to the strip and the endless free bottled water. The fitness center comes with the resort fee but is minute and inadequate by LV standards.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo