My husband booked our room at the MGM Grand. Unfortunately the reservation rep did not include specific instructions to go to the Signature at MGM Grand or my spouse didn't understand the instructions. We first drove up to the MGM Grand Main Entrance, dropped off the van with Valet Service, then stood in line to check-in for the next 15 minutes. By the time we reached the check-in counter, we anxiously awaited to check into our hotel room only to find out we were are the WRONG building! So out the doors we went, found our luggage with the bellhop, reclaimed our van, and drove around the MGM compound to Harmon Avenue, found Tower 1 and checked in. This inauspicious beginning was the only downside to our entire experience.
The Tower 1 lobby is beautifully decorated and has a comforting relaxing atmosphere. The Concierge is located right next to the check-in counter. He/She is there 24 hours a day in case you need anything. The check-in experience took less than 5 minutes and we were on our way to the Upper Penthouse Suite, 38th Floor, top floor.
We had booked not only our suite but also my brother's and his family. We had one main entrance of double doors to both suites. We kept the double doors closed and our suite doors open, so the kids could go back and forth during the day. Of course at night, we had the suite doors closed to ensure everyone had a good night's rest.
Everything you've read about the Signature suites are true. The dark wood furniture, black granite kitchen counter tops, bar stools, living room set up, flat screen TVs, lounge/reading chairs, pull out sofas, gorgeous views, soft beds and robes, big bath tub with jacuzzi, large bathrooms, etc. are absolutely true! We have never stayed at a 4-star hotel - and The Signature at MGM Grand definitely was an excellent first-time experience!
All the kids wanted to go to the pool with their Dads. They checked out the private Signature pool and also wanted to go tubing down the flowing river on the other side. The Dads let them go and they had a fantastic time! Pool hours were from 8 am - 7 pm only though.
Staying in Tower 1 provided us access to the other towers, the MGM Grand Casino, and New York New York. Yes, you'll be doing a lot of walking in air conditioned buildings. The kids didn't mind walking around. Everything was new and exciting for them.
When it was time to check out, we didn't want to leave but alas reality was calling. Back to the work grind. Maybe next time we come to Las Vegas, we'll just book the entire time at the Signature at MGM Grand!
1. Bring or have cash readily available for the bell hop, valet, and any other services you require or requested. The person who loads up your luggage at the car isn't the same one who delivers them to your room. (There is an ATM located to the left of the elevators in Tower 1.)
2. Bring and wear your comfortable shoes when you plan to walk around. Tower 1 is located far away from the buffet and you'll be walking through a lot of the casino.
3. Eating out gets expensive. So try to stop off at a grocery store prior to checking in. You'll have all the comforts of home in your Signature suite kitchen (large refrigerator, bottom shelf freezer, stove range, microwave, toaster, etc.) so you can still eat healthy, delicious meals at a fraction of the cost.
4. If you and or anyone in your party has problems with second-hand smoke, the Signature Towers are all SMOKE-FREE! However, that doesn't mean you won't run into cigarette smells as you're walking through the casino. Just keep moving on through those areas very quickly.
5. If you would like to see the lion habitat, it is located across from the buffet entrance. That was a hit for the kids, too!
6. If you would like to pay for internet access. It's $10.99/day + tax. This is not part of your daily suite/room bill. Main use is for checking email not necessarily web searches or downloads.
7. Parents, you are in control of what your children are allowed to do and see. Continue doing what you normally do at home and you'll still have a good time in Vegas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Signature is a world within a world. As your private portal to everything Las Vegas, you're free to indulge in an incredible array of diversions – with one commonality: an elevated level of personalized service. Whether you're grabbing a drink at The Lounge or basking in the private luxury of your own poolside cabana, you'll experience a level of attention and dedicated service that's unsurpassed, right at the heart of the most exciting city on the planet. Truly, this is Vegas at its best. As your gateway to this most incredible of cities, The Signature puts you at the doorstep of Las Vegas' most amazing experiences. Allow us to serve your every whim, from show tickets to procuring a table at that must-experience restaurant to making your golf reservations. And when you feel the desire to leave your tranquil escape for the excitement of Vegas, the gaming, nightlife and entertainment of the phenomenal MGM Grand is right next door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Resorts International, Southall Travel, Agoda, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Signature at MGM Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Signature Hotel Las Vegas
- Signature Las Vegas
- Mgm Grand Signature
- Signature At Mgm Grand Hotel
- Signature Mgm Grand Las Vegas
- Mgm Signature Las Vegas
- Signature Mgm Las Vegas
- Signature At MGM Grand Las Vegas