“Hands Down: Best Place I've Stayed in Vegas”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We have an office in Vegas, so I've stayed in just about every hotel around. I can tell you that there is no nicer place in Las Vegas than the Signature by MGM- it even surpasses the 'big names' like the Bellagio and the Palazzo.

The grounds are immaculate, as are the rooms. Don't let the fact that some of the rooms are privately owned freak you out- I stayed in one such unit and the rental contracts are so tight between the owners and the MGM that your stay will be fine.

I stayed on the 35th floor in the farthest tower back and the view was gorgeous- the Strip, the mountains, and the beautiful pools that slowly morph colors all night. I could have sat on that giant balcony for hours!

The bath tub was wonderful and I definitely took my fair share of relaxing dips over that trip.

The staff is the most attentive I've ever seen- from the valet (always had my car in less than two minutes) to the room services. Let me tell you about room service- one night I called and asked if they had any pasta, because there was none on the menu but I thought maybe they had something in a restaurant I could order. The gal on the phone asked what kind I meant and I said something with maybe a white sauce and some artichokes or something. She put me on hold, came back, and said, "We don't, but the chef said he'd be more than happy to make you something like that because we have all the ingredients." Now, that's service!

I don't get complaints about distance- I was in the tower closest to the MGM and on the moving walk way it seriously took me less than 2 minutes to be in the middle of the MGM. On moving walk ways! What's the complaint?

FYI: Don't go to the MGM pool, it's full of drunken fools. The Signature pools are MUCH nicer: the booze is cheaper, there are free giant soft towels and chair covers, and the staff is amazing (seriously: some woman asked for an ice cream bar and. . . they ran to the store to get her some).

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
9  Thank ThisPlceHsEverything

Reviewed 13 August 2009

Signature and all its amenities have been well covered by previous reviews so all I will say is, if you need a suite in the heart of the action, look no further. Signature has all the features of a top Las Vegas resort, but without the hassle of walking through a crowded casino every time you leave your room. We love the MGM pools, and our room in Tower 1 was less than 5 minutes away from the pool complex - even closer than the hotel. The rooms, the service, everything here is as good as it gets. The only complaint, and it's not MGM's fault, is the construction going on in the immediate area, which makes travel by car a nightmare at almost any hour of the day. The Signature gets my highest recommendation. And if you want a great deal on a suite, many of the property owners here are offering rates as low as half off those on the MGM website. We got one of the largest corner suites, with both strip and mountain views, at a little over $100 a night!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank heavybuddy
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Pros:
Extras for my one year old
Kitchenettes with full utensils, knives, dishes, cutting boards, pots and pans, etc.
Great big suites
Very clean
Free bottled water
Free wireless in room
Staff makes you feel like royalty
Pools
Smoke-free, casino-free
Walk to MGM
Concierge
Whirlpool tub
TV in bathroom

Cons:
Construction on Harmon Street
A little more walking to get everywhere (doesn't bother us, but could be a pain)
Not a selection of dining options like other hotels
Broken ATM in lobby

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Xamela
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Very dis-appointed from the time we got there.We travel to LasVegas at least twice a year, so we are very up on what the proprietors call the comp game.If your new to LasVegas or Gambling in general,it's specials that you get when you return and stay at their properties or dinners being paid for , etc. Because of our previos trips, we were entitled to a free return flight, if we stayed with MGM in April 2009. We passed up a lot of other comp deals for this one in general, but when we got there, they were honoring the free nights,but not the return flight.It was listed in their computer in our reservations,but no matter what or who we talked with,"stated that it was a mistake.So I mentioned the fact of what we had passed up for this and after all the hard times, we ended up changing Hotels and Treasure Island still gave us our Free nights and $175.00 play and eating comps, plus they gave us extra meals and we are now being given 3 comp nights from the new buyers of TI.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ThatSpecialPlace
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Just returned from a week at the Signature. It was very busy in Vegas, so it was nice to return to the quiet of this hotel. We've visited Vegas lots of times, I think anyone visiting for the first time should maybe stay nearer the Strip to get the whole 'buzz' of the area.
Check-in went smoothly, we were on the top floor (38) of Tower 2 facing the mountains. The room (1 bedroom) was fab, lots of room for 4 of us. We had some trouble getting T'internet! to work, but the maintenance came and sorted us out straight away.
We used the MGM pool once (wanted to test out the lazy river) but it was too crowded, loud and they checked bags on the way in (through a turnstile), presumably so you couldn't take your own drinks, rubber rings etc in with you. You had to hire theirs.
The Signature pool was far more chilled out, less crowded, and you could take your won floaties! Unlimited water, large pool towels and padded sunbeds! A good mix of young and old. There was a lifeguard and a bar with snack menu. The Deli (Delights) at the bottom of tower 2 was decent food at an OK price too. We ate in the room sometimes too, It had all you needed to cook a meal (and a dishwasher). The Starbucks in Tower 1 always seemed quiet, especially compared to the one in the shops at MGM.
The walk to the MGM wasn't too bad, It had moving walkways, sometimes it was a bit of a pain (with a 6 and 4 year old), but it was worth it to stay there. You must try room service too, the service is fab! Go - enjoy! I'll deffo go back!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank elsiemleedsUK
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We started our honeymoon with 3 nights here. We booked the main MGM Grand but were delighted to be offered a free upgrade to a junior suite here so I cannot speak about the value really - but we got a crazily low rate for the MGM Grand. This place was fantastic! Huge room with the most glorious bathroom - a massive jacuzzi, huge shower and the toiletries were lovely - I don't normally use hotel toiletries.
Here, you are in the heart of things but also somehow removed from the manic hecticness. The Signature towers are separated from the main MGM Grand by a long walkway so you can just stroll a few minutes to all the shops, restaurants and attractions there and then retreat to the quiet, calm, bright, lovely oasis there.
The fitness centre is free to use and the pool area was also really nice, never too crowded, comfortable loungers, ample towels and free bottles of iced water always to hand and apart from the Monorail that drives directly by it, very quiet and calm.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mehith
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Non-smoking and non-gaming didn't seem that important until we got to Vegas where we immediately felt overwhelmed as first-time visitors. The calm, posh, and clean environment of The Signature (Tower 3) made us feel like millionaires. We had a one-bedroom suite and completely enjoyed the luxury while also enjoying the ability to cook up a few home-made breakfasts and make a peanut butter sandwich or two when we just wanted to enjoy our suite.

We enjoyed easy access to The Monorail and would recommend getting the "month" pass for both that transit system plus the Deuce, both useful for different reasons. By the time we purchased two three-day passes for each, we might as well have purchased the longer-term passes.

Best show tips--don't miss Human Nature's show "The Ultimate Celebration of Motown" and the Zumanity show-dinner package (we an exceptional meal at the Irish Pub at New York New York).

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple