“Fully family friendly - children & pets alike!”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We were in the cheapest rated room, but you could not tell by the accommodations! From the full sized refrigerator (w. ice maker) to the washer/dryer, fake fireplace & huge jacuzzi tub, this hotel leaves nothing out for any guest! Room service food was also very yummy. :)

The staff are happy, friendly & eager to please! We were there with our dog & toddler...it was PERFECT!

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank HappyEndingSD

Reviewed 14 January 2012

We stayed between Christmas & New Year, when the build up of people for the celebrations was very evident all around. All valet parking & checked in within 5 minutes of arrival - very impressive when you witnessed the chaos & massive queues at check-in at the big hotels on the strip - yuk! Room was huge; full kitchen, living area, double jacuzzi bath & 2 large doubles. The opportunity to wash & dry our clothes was much appreciated as we were mid-way through our 1500 mile road trip. Decor is possibly getting a little dated but no major criticism & perfectly adequate for our needs, just not in the 'luxurious' bracket. We were horrified that smoking was allowed in the gaming halls of most hotels - so retro. Even our teenage daughters commented how disgusting the atmosphere was & we were all so very glad that we could escape to the Platinum which is non-smoking through-out! Situated one block back from Ballys the location was spot-on. Takes about 4 minutes to walk to the middle of the strip, straight up one road which seemed perfectly safe. Guests in the larger hotels can take 10 times this amount of time to reach the strip! Roof-top pool area was very pleasant & well-maintained. Whilst, Vegas was not our favourite destination on our road trip, the Platinum did deliver a peaceful & spacious space from which we could dip in & out of the madness. It's a bucket list city, glad we ticked the box but won't be too keen to return.

Room Tip: Confirm your reservation with the hotel - we had booked a 2 queen bed executive suite on booking.com...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Zymotic
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I booked this hotel because of excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. I was visiting Las Vegas for te Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2012). Having been to CES several years in a row, I have a good idea of what to expect during that week when 100K+ people descend upon the city. Unfortunately, the Platinum Hotel didn't exceed my expectations.

On the service side, I would say the staff was just average. Check-in at the front desk was cheerful. Indifference exuded by concierge / valet when coming and going to the property. Upon check-out, staff was only friendly when presenting the receipt and I was on my way out.

The rooms seemed like they could be nice, but the two I experienced were just OK. The first was on the 2nd floor with flood lights shining in through the patio doors that would be difficult to keep the light out to sleep. The second room didn't have the light infiltration issue, but did have significant water temperature variances when showering. Constantly adjusting the valves didn't make showering very relaxing or refreshing.

I would have preferred a location closer to the strip. But I knew that when I booked the hotel, so I cannot fault them for that. But it is a good walk to the monorail or Strip. I did not have a car on this trip and would definitely recommend having a vehicle when staying at the Platinum.

Overall, I would rate my stay at the Platinum as average with nothing particularly special about it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Pony_Up
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We chose this hotel because it did not have a casino. Also, a short (and safe even late at night) walk from the strip. Hotel is located behind Ballys, in the middle of the strip. Handy gas station and 7/11 store next to hotel.

Hotel suites are huge and well furnished. Bed was almost on par with "Hilton bed". Absolutely no noise from neighbours even on New Years Eve. Price was exceptional for Vegas and Valet Parking is Free.

Room Tip: Strip view worth the extra charge so get room ablove floor 9.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank doctorfat
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Spent one night in the hotel, and enjoyed the spacious rooms, beautiful lobby, and gorgeous pool area. The walk to the strip was not all that long. The rooms had a full kitchen with a side-by-side refrigerator, dish washer, dishes, stove, and sink, great sitting area, a large bathroom with a whirlpool tub, huge shower and vanity, and a separate sleeping area. Well-kept hotel, very clean, and decorated nicely. I enjoyed my stay, and will be returning to the Platinum when I make another trip to Vegas.

Room Tip: Possibly choose a room facing the strip because it would allow a beautiful view in the evening.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed over New Years Weekend, perfect location just a 5 minute walk to the strip. Best location I can imagine since you are so close to the fun, yet can leave and return to a peaceful hotel at anytime. This was my first time in Vegas and all of the staff was extremely helpful. The rooms are AMAZING. Staying in just a standard room you get a massive bathroom, jacuzzi, full kitchen, living room and bedroom. Pool area is great, super clean and relaxing atmosphere. I will never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Carlie L
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Great place off the strip - REALLY helpfull staff, could kick a footy in the bathroom. Had friends who atyed in another place on the strip, while their location and view were perhaps superior, their staff and the general 'feel' of the place did not get close to The Platinum. Being a non casino hotel was a HUGE bonus!! No hesitation in recommending - only good memories!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family