“Hidden Gem of Las Vegas”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Love, love, love this place. Hotel is everything we wanted & more. Great staff. Room/suite large, trendy, clean, comfy, the full size kitchen a plus! Pool was our own secret getaway from the craziness of the strip. Ate at the resturant at least 1 meal every day we were there (5 days). Food is delicious & reasonable prices. Chef even brought our room service to us one night to make sure it was to our liking. After the 24/7 nightlife of the strip, it is such a pleasure to come back to quiet hotel where you can go directly to your room (instead of having to walk thru casino) & actually get some zzz's until you start the fun all over again the next day. I tell everyone who is planning on going to Vegas about this hidden gem.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JeannieK_17_
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

We are glad you found our hidden gem and appreciated the tranquil environment. Thank you for writing about us on TA.

There are newer reviews for Platinum Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I ahve read dozens of terrific reviews and I agree that this is also my go to Hotel for all my future trips to LV. Being a small hotel with maybe 250 rooms total, you end up being treated like a person by all the excellent staff. When we checked in on Monday we felt at times like we were the only ones there, which made me extremely happy. I can't express how nice it is to retreat from the strip and find a quiet hotel and a peaceful nights sleep. We chose a fifth floor strip view and had a nice view of the strip from the East from MGM to Wynn. I have read that some people think it is too far from the strip, but we were able to get from the Platinum lobby to the Flamingo entrance of Bally's in five minutes. Do not have to worry about walking at night, as people from the Platinum, Super 8, and Tuscany are doing the same thing throughout the day. The things I appreciated about this hotel was the kitchenette for preparing a light Breakfast and Dinner, and being able to enjoy it from the table on our private balcony.To the Management and Staff of the Platinum, keep up the excellent work. I'll be back soon.

Room Tip: All are good, there are some corner rooms with a double view I believe.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Widmarsh

Thank you for your excellent review and we are thrilled that we are your "go to" hotel when you travel to Las Vegas. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

My godparents stayed here for a week and I visited them for two nights. we had a suite on the 17th floor - included a kitchen and a pull-out for me. This hotel is off the strip but close to everything. They also have a hotel shuttle that took us pretty much anywhere we wanted to go. The staff was friendly and always helpful - great concierge (Gita)! It's a very quiet hotel - no gaming, and not smokey, which is always a welcome change from the strip. The hotel restaurant prices are reasonable for a quick bite, but if you're looking for something really special head to the strip. This hotel has one of the few pools open over the winter - it's both indoor and out door and very warm. Nice pool side area outside too - if you don't have the perfect body and are intimidated by those slutty strip pools like I am.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank OCTraveler3333

Thank you for your great review of our hotel and staff. We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

My wife and I were looking for a getaway just for the weekend, something away from the famous Las Vegas Strip, but within walking distance. We found the perfect hotel at the Platinum. From being greeted by name when we arrived, to the courteous service throughout our stay, we were simply spoiled by the attentive staff - truly five-star in my book. Our accommodations had a spectacular view of the Strip - a perfect vantage point to see the lights. Our room (and I might add all rooms are suites so it was a great value) was extremely nice with fine appointments and even a jacuzzi tub. We spent time sipping drinks at the fifth floor indoor/outdoor pool (which I might add has a great view of the Strip as well) and treated ourselves to spa treatments - simply perfect - it was just what we needed. Kudos to the Platinum for their wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Otis702
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Kudos to you for taking the time to write such a nice review on our hotel. We are thrilled that you had such a perfect weekend away.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Now I understand why Tripadvisor has so many rave reviews of the Platinum. This place is fabulous! We’ll never stay anywhere else in Vegas. During a 3-night stay in February of 2012, the staff was unfailingly solicitous and capable. Every area of the resort (our huge suite, elevators, pool, lounge, restaurant, fitness studio, spa) was clean, well lit, and in good repair. The kitchen of our beautiful suite was completely stocked, and the living area included a Bose radio. A few minutes’ walk puts you on the Strip, but there are few reasons to leave the Platinum! We had—without a doubt—the loveliest room and most beautiful view we’re ever had anywhere. If I had to find something negative to say, all I could come up with would be having to pay extra to access the Internet from our room. We can’t wait to return!

Room Tip: Request an upgrade to a Strip view. It never hurts to ask!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nancy39571
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for such a fantastic review and we are so pleased you had such an excellent stay. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We chose this hotel based on the reviews and it did not disappoint. The rooms were large and comfortable. The hotel's calm, relaxing atmosphere was a welcome refuge after a day on the Strip. The service level from the staff exceeded our expectations, especially the restaurant staff. We really enjoyed Jeff, our waiter, who went over and above to meet our needs. We will recommend the Platinum to family and friends and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The Princess suites are well worth the extra money. We had a city view and enjoyed watching the sun...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Connie T

We love our service to exceed our guests expectations! Thank you for sharing on TA..

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I decided to take my mum to Las Vegas for her birthday and after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I selected the Platinum and I'm so glad I did.

Room:-
We had a Princess Suite on the 14th Floor with a Strip View and balcony which was wonderful, although as we went in February it was a bit cold to sit outside when it was dark, so we enjoyed the view from the lounge.
The suite was spacious, nice furnishings, usable kitchen, a lovely bedroom with 2 big comfy beds and pillows, a lovely big bathroom and ample closet space. More than enough room for a mother and daughter. Some reviewers had mentioned that the t.v.'s weren't modern, we didn't go to Las Vegas to watch telly so it wasn't a problem for us. As we only have a snack first thing in the morning, the fitted kitchen with a toaster, microwave, over and hob was more than adequate for our needs, as was the massive fridge freezer.

Facilities:-
The hotel doesn't have a casino, it's completely non-smoking which is great. Coming from the UK, it was really strange to see smoking indoors in public areas and in some hotels/casinos the smoky smell is over powering.
The restaurant food and staff were the same as everything else in the hotel, FANTASTIC!! as was the gym and the pool.

Location:-
It's proximity to the Strip meant that my mum and I walked to the Bellagio in 10 minutes, which is quicker than the time taken to exit the casino hotels on the Strip, due to casino, restaurants, and shops.
Some reviews have stated that the area around the hotel wasn't great, my mum and I walked to and from the hotel day and night and never felt unsafe. Infact, I've been in scary places in the UK, any homeless folk we did see were not interested in us.

Staff:-
Everyone we dealt with was brilliant and they could not help you enough. When I wanted to use online booking for our flights home, the guy at the front desk did it for me and even printed out the boarding passes.

Hints:-
If you get a taxi from the airport, as the driver not to take the freeway, it's cheaper.
If you have never gambled before, start at "Ellis Island" next door it's a small casino and the odds are good. Then when your ready, move onto the bigger Strip casinos.
Get your tickets for shows from the discount booths.

My mum really enjoyed her birthday and when we come back again, we will definitely being staying at the Platinum.
Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better, as the noise from the A/C units and the hot-tub and pool will travel if yo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ET0703
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you for your fantastic review of our hotel, staff and surrounding area. I can tell you did a lot of research on our hotel and I'm pleased we were able to exceed all your expectations. I'm glad you mum had a great birthday!!