“Fabulous huge apartment”

Ranked #9 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Christchurch New Zealand
“Fabulous huge apartment”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

As travellers who had never visited Las Vegas before we were glad we had booked Platinum and not a casino hotel on the strip. Being a non-smoking and non-gambling hotel was a priority for us when choosing a hotel in Vegas. Lovely big apartment like rooms were fabulous for a five night stay and was another good reason to pick Platinum. Shame I booked on booking.com and not directly with the hotel as they were the only site to have available accommodation for the dates in March and I think that is why we were on the lower floors and no complimentary internet. Loved having a washer and dryer available. Staff were great, very helpful too. Would have liked a late check out as flight left late afternoon but hotel quite full of sporting teams. Bar downstairs very convenient when arriving back about 8pm looking for a snack, great "sliders" sort of mini hamburgers. Overall great choice but can't say I ever want to visit Las Vegas again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank McBridefamily
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Well I am glad our hotel made a fabulous impression with you even though our city didn't seem to win you over.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,014)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Danville, California
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I'm seriously dumbfounded by all the rave reviews for The Platinum. We were in town for 4 days for a soccer tournament and ended up here because it was a non-smoking and non-gaming hotel. The non-gaming aspect is a whatever for me personally but the non-smoking benefit is very nice. I'll start with the good stuff.....no smoking and the staff, as mentioned in other reviews, was very nice and friendly. And that's about it for the positives. Now for the not-so-positives....even though I made rsvp's 4 months in advance for a 2 queen room, we were given an ADA room. Typically, this would be just an inconvenience as the bedroom is tiny and the bathroom is huge but the shower in the room wasn't designed for both sit down and stand up use, as most are, and was only designed for sit down use. Since we were there for 4 days/3 nights, I asked to be put in the room I reserved 4 months prior. I was told they were sold out of the room type I had reserved. Really? We took a room with a King bed and a roll-away. The room left a lot to be desired. The carpets were filthy, in desperate need of a deep clean. The shower floor was nasty, with mold and peeling caulking. The TV in the bedroom was a CRT! When was the last time you could even buy a tube TV? And yes, the TV in the main room was a flat screen but with no HD. When was the last time you even saw programming in standard definition? Maid service was sketchy too. We had to call the front desk for toilet paper, fresh towels, and tissue...twice. Then came the valet service...again the guys were nice but completely understaffed. Keep in mind that there is NO self-parking. They wouldn't allow us to call down early and have the car brought around, we had to go downstairs first and wait, and wait, and wait. As the line continued to grow the lone valet started just handing guests their keys so they could go get their own car. This hotel hasn't been touched since it was built, original carpets, furniture, and technology. Definitely would NOT stay at The Platinum again. If you want to be near the Strip stay ON the Strip. If you want to avoid the pitfalls of staying on the Strip, there is a beautiful JW Marriott about 20 minutes north on 95.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Morris S
I apologize for your stay not living up to your expectations as it should. We strive to have all our guests leave with positive feelings about the hotel. We are sorry we could not make that happen for you.
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here in a large princess suite for 2 nights and found the hotel to have friendly staff, quick car valet service, clean spacious rooms and a great location only 10 mins walk from the centre of the strip. Never felt unsafe with the location. Kids loved the pool which was warm, quiet and relaxing. Great to get away from non-stop hubbub of strip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank sands3
Thank you, we are happy you could enjoy our peace and quiet!
Independence, Ky
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Everyone on staff that we encountered provided first-class service including the front desk, lounge, and restaurant. The suite was beautifully decorated (modern, but not overly so) and spacious. The bathroom was the largest I have seen with an oversized Jacuzzi tub and large shower. My wife and I were able to get ready at the same time without getting in each other’s way. It even had its own closet, so one person could shower and dress without disturbing the other. The kitchen was full-size with all normal home appliances, and the adjoining living room was also quite large with an attached balcony. The hotel was a short walk from Las Vegas Blvd near Caesar’s Palace and the Bellagio and all that the famous strip has to offer. We had a wonderful stay at this hotel and know that others will enjoy it just as much.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank BlueMax01
Thank you for your fantastic review and we are happy you had a great stay.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I travel weekly for business. I am in different city and different Hotel every week. The Platinum Hotel and Spa is a gem!!. My Sister also travels to Las Vegas often. She told me about this Hotel many months ago. I have always stayed on the Strip and "accepted" the smoke in the Hotel Casinos/lobbies to get to your room and the noise. The Strip traffic and parking is always an issue. Two months ago, I finally took my Sister's advice and stayed at the Platinum Hotel. My room on the 12th floor was excellent. The strip view was awesome. I found that as a Business traveler, the ammenties are perfect...opening the door to your hotel room and not feeling like a "Hotel room" was the biggest perk. I thought the kitchen allowed me to have coffee in the am or have a glass of wine on the balcony, just like at "Home". As a Business traveler, the Hotel has a small Business Center, which for printing/copies is very efficient. They will also print your Boarding pass for you at the Front Desk, FREE!!!. The staff is friendly and very attentive. I recieved a "welcome" call upon checking into my room. The Valet staff is the fastest..Joel is great, as are all the other members of the Valet staff. I have now stayed with the Platinum twice and will be returning next week. Each visit has been completely satisfying and totally accomdateing to every need. I would recommend the Platinum Hotel and Spa as a great get-away from the "Strip" madness, and it is very conducive to the Business Traveler.

Room Tip: Strip View/Corner Rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Ongel D
Thank you for your excellent review. We are thrilled that you took your sister's advice and have now become one of our repeat guests.
London
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed her for just under three weeks.We had stayed at the VDARA the last time/as we didn't want a smoking place/or gaming place. This was a longshot and I'm pleased to say that it was an excellent choice. The room was large(1100SF)with a huge bathroom,kitchen/washer dryer and a lovely balcony!!! We enjoyed wonderful views of the mountains.The gym was top rate/the combination of the indoor heated pool/or outdoor pool was also a benefit.The staff were amzing...really really friendly and helpful.We had two spa treatments/the steam room was out of order(so that was one slight issue...and the gym also going out of order for the last week of our stay)The room service was also very good. My only complaint...was the music in the lovely bar area(where they have happy hour from 4-8) was too loud. We will stay there again next year as it beats the VDARA on price.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank CharleneColeman
We are thrilled you had an excellent stay and enjoyed all the benefits our hotel has to offer.
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I am retired and my wife and dog have stayed at many fine hotels.We visit Las Vegas often.No matter what offer we get to stay at another hotel in Vegas we will still only stay at the Platinum Hotel. The staff is not only polite, friendly and helpful but they really care. The management respects the staff and the staff respects management which makes one big happy place . This may sound corny but it is amazing. When we arrived, a bus load of people were checking in before us. The manager gave us each a free drink for the confusion. The water in the shower was fluctuating hot and cold. We called maintenance and James the maintenance man replaced the valve in the shower wall, then rewired a floor lamp. It turns out James is a professional eclectrician and plumber and a super nice guy. The food and staff for room service were excellent. They were fast and paid attention to detail. Everytime we needed something it was taken care of quickly and we always received a follow-up call to make sure we were satisfied. The managers were readily available and approachable. Our last night in Vegas I got food poinsoning from a local restaurant and was sick all night. We needed to stay an extra night because of this and asked the manager Joseph to help. He took care of this himself, booking us another night and we didn't have to switch rooms. This place is professional and takes care of business. This is also the fastest valet in town, we never waited longer than 5-10mins for our car. The valet staff is friendly and so efficient and address by name. Every person we dealt with here was outstanding! It's rare to visit a place where everyone takes such pride in their job.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank starsher
Thank you so much for the great review and wonderful comments on our staff. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your returns.