“Best of The Best”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Held a conference in Vegas for 10-12 doctors. Bet of the best. All suites. Great staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BarryL798
Write a ReviewReviews (3,805)

Reviewed 25 May 2012

We were upgraded to a princess suite, which is a plus. The view was fantastic. The room itself was fantastic. Huge, full kitchen, the in room spa was large, which is good for ACTUALLY RELAXING (some other hotels have small in room jacuzzi tubs where you can barely fit one person in, let alone 2, but this one was big). The service was slow. It took half an hour to get our luggage up. We were planning to make use of the full kitchen (why not), so we stopped and picked up some food. One problem. Upon arrival, there were no POTS AND PANS. I had to call for them to bring it up. Another half hour wait. I was hungry from the drive from LA, and now an hour had passed since we got in the room with no way to cook food. Once things got under way, it was nice and relaxing. It is like having your own little luxury apartment and you can sit our on the balcony and look at the strip. However, the walk to the strip takes about 15 minutes. I could walk it in faster time, but my girlfriend wouldn't let me. It's not that great of a walk, just some gas stations and stuff.

Room service never came to clean up the 2nd day. We put the do not disturb sign up, but we were out of there by late morning. Yes, I know room service likes to clean up early, but most hotels I have been at, come back and check again after noon to see if I'm gone and then clean up the room.

The vallet people expected good tips, and I even heard them making small talk to each other about "oh I made this much last night in tips. for real? i'm going to try to make that tonight," and so on. They gave me a dirty look when I didn't tip them enough.

The room was great. However, if I come back with friends, I would stay at planet Hollywood, which tends to be reasonably priced and right there by all the action. For couples, I would recommend the signature at mgm grand over the platinum hotel. The signature has very good service, doesn't pound you for tips, and although it too has a 10-15 minute walk to the strip, it's indoors and includes moving walkways.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karsten1776
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about the hotel. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the large rooms we provide. I do apologize for some of the slow service you received. Our valets always get such great praise it is disheartening to hear that your encounters were not up to their usual high standards. Your comments will not go unattended.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I guess I was expecting more from this hotel since it is number 5 on Trip Advisor. The room was nice, had a nice balcony, large kitchen, but the furniture looked and felt economical. When you sat on the couch you could feel the bars from the hide-a-bed. The bed had a worn out dent in it so both of us rolled to the middle. The view was the back side of Vegas but it worked out for me because I could watch planes coming in.

When we checked in I asked to change to a 2 bedroom, was told that they had none available for our length of stay (8 nights) and I was willing to pay the extra money. I put a piece of tape on the 2 bedroom suite doors on our floor and it stayed taped the entire time. The next morning wife gets in the shower, light burnt out inside stall, shower head sprayed in all directions due to calcium buildup and then she got out.. no towels!! She had to use a wash cloth to dry off with. I called down stairs and it took 40 minutes to get towels. The hot tub was so hot you could cook lobster in it!!! Pool was cool but not warm by any means.

Oh and don't go there thinking it has a SPA... only thing it has are some showers and a steam room. No hot tub or dry sauna and they still want $10.00 a day. Person there told me they send guests to other hotels for a real spa.

The came check out... was told that they couldn't provide me with a receipt because they were doing an audit (at 5 am) but would email me one. I had to call back the next day to get it sent to me because I assume the night clerk forgot.

I will say that there are a couple of valet guys there that made us feel welcome and were always smiling and asking how we were doing. Their names are Roger and Julian. Just their attitudes made our stay bearable. Only reason we would come back is if we couldn't find another suite hotel available.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank drpeperlvr

I'm very sorry your time at our hotel was only OK. Our goal is to make all our guests feel the time they spend with us is a truly memorable experience. I apologize for the service issues you encountered as that is something we certainly have control over. I want you to know that we take all your comments seriously and they will be addressed with our employees.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed here for two nights in May very comfortable and clean, happy hour in the bar 6.00-8-00
small and welcoming. Checked quickly and with a friendly welcome valet parking excellent these guys really do there jobs well considering the faces that must come and go. Rooms where ennormous lovely beds and bathroom full kitchen with allthe mod cons, fabulous base for Vegas
well done would definatley recommed this hotel

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you for the nice review. We are pleased that you had an excellent stay with us.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

We were first time visitors to Las Vegas (well the USA) with children aged 6 and 8. The Platinum Hotel was the pefect hotel for us by not being right in the hustle and bustle of the Strip, but being so close to it. The room was great, a fantastic looking kitchen (not that I cooked in it) and the view was fantastic. The large spa bath was a great way to relax. It was nice to have the balcony to sit and have a quiet drink after the kids had gone to bed and still see the lights of the Strip. The pool was very nice and the kids loved the fact there were cookies and apples available in the lobby. We stayed three nights and would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your first trip to the USA. We are thrilled that we were able to give your family a fantastic stay.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We wanted to "do Vegas" - 2 Grand parents , Mum & Dad and 2 Grandchildren ( 4&2yo) pretty big ask but the Platinum made it a very successful 6 nights.
Two great rooms with strip view ( very satisfactory) on the 8th floor, full kitchen in very large rooms,quiet , no fuss one block back from the strip - perfect.
Reasonable price incl Internet and valet parking, both worked well.
Room service was excellent with rooms made up with no fuss to a high standard with out intruding on our time, pool good and every time we walked through a crowded foyer of a strip,hotel casino with queues and an almost refugee camp look, we were thankful to be at the Platinum - check out was the fastest and most accurate I have ever had at at any hotel in the world !
No fuss hotel, it all worked in a city which this is not always the case - highly recommended !

Room Tip: Strip view worth the request, I would go above floor 6 to ensure quiet room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank travelman250
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you for a great review. We are thrilled that we were able to give your family a Platinum vacation.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed at The Platinum Hotel this last weekend for the first time. We had two queen suites. Apon arrival the valet was very friendly and helpful. The bellman did a great job. 6 girls per room we have a lot of luggage. Check-in was easy. I was impressed with the overall appearance of the hotel. Very nice. The room was nice as well. No issues. Staff was amazing. They were trained WELL!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

With all the hotel choices in Vegas we are thrilled you chose our hotel to hold your "girls" vacation. Even more exciting is that we gave you a stay to remember!