“best in Vegas”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This was a great place to go to relax--and yet it is located only one block from the strip. The rooms are very clean, the staff is helpful and friendly, the valet service is great. We had a great view overlooking the strip. We highly recommend.

Room Tip: princess suite is my pick
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank GOBrewers_12
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for recommending our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Platinum Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 26 May 2012

We really enjoyed the non smoking and less chaotic nature of this hotel. All staff were very friendly and kudos to the valet staff who do a fantastic job. The suite was very comfortable and clean and we enjoyed making coffee and having cereal and toast in the morning as we slowly got ready for the day. Loved the fact that the shower actually had good pressure! The hotel was very quiet with no problems with partyers. There are however lots of sirens and ambulances on the street which you will hear. Bring along earplugs if you are a sensitive sleeper. Everything was great until check out. We made a few calls back to Canada to our elderly moms and a few local calls. One longer call was to our airline to change our booking. (a local call). Our conversations were extremely short. At check out we were given a bill of $350 for phone calls!!!! I admit we did not look into how much phone calls cost, but what a shock to find out they charge such ridiculous amounts @ $10 a minute. Come on! Not everyone has cell phones. We've stayed at other hotels and are not naive travellers and we've never encountered such abusive fees. After such a wonderful trip I felt like we had been ripped off. Not impressed.

Room Tip: Do not make phone calls.
Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda G
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Great time in this healthy nonsmoking hotel and clean suite. Convenient to convention center yet quiet location.full kitchen, living room,patio and room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharonst
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This hotel is located about five minutes walk from S Las Vegas Blvd (Caesars Palace, The Flamingo). it is quiet, very well appointed, and the service when we stayed was excellent. The included breakfast was beautiful. There are no gaming facilities and there is plenty of parking. We stopped over on our way from Los Angeles to the Utah national parks and could not have chosen better.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Held a conference in Vegas for 10-12 doctors. Bet of the best. All suites. Great staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BarryL798
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We were upgraded to a princess suite, which is a plus. The view was fantastic. The room itself was fantastic. Huge, full kitchen, the in room spa was large, which is good for ACTUALLY RELAXING (some other hotels have small in room jacuzzi tubs where you can barely fit one person in, let alone 2, but this one was big). The service was slow. It took half an hour to get our luggage up. We were planning to make use of the full kitchen (why not), so we stopped and picked up some food. One problem. Upon arrival, there were no POTS AND PANS. I had to call for them to bring it up. Another half hour wait. I was hungry from the drive from LA, and now an hour had passed since we got in the room with no way to cook food. Once things got under way, it was nice and relaxing. It is like having your own little luxury apartment and you can sit our on the balcony and look at the strip. However, the walk to the strip takes about 15 minutes. I could walk it in faster time, but my girlfriend wouldn't let me. It's not that great of a walk, just some gas stations and stuff.

Room service never came to clean up the 2nd day. We put the do not disturb sign up, but we were out of there by late morning. Yes, I know room service likes to clean up early, but most hotels I have been at, come back and check again after noon to see if I'm gone and then clean up the room.

The vallet people expected good tips, and I even heard them making small talk to each other about "oh I made this much last night in tips. for real? i'm going to try to make that tonight," and so on. They gave me a dirty look when I didn't tip them enough.

The room was great. However, if I come back with friends, I would stay at planet Hollywood, which tends to be reasonably priced and right there by all the action. For couples, I would recommend the signature at mgm grand over the platinum hotel. The signature has very good service, doesn't pound you for tips, and although it too has a 10-15 minute walk to the strip, it's indoors and includes moving walkways.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karsten1776
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about the hotel. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the large rooms we provide. I do apologize for some of the slow service you received. Our valets always get such great praise it is disheartening to hear that your encounters were not up to their usual high standards. Your comments will not go unattended.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I guess I was expecting more from this hotel since it is number 5 on Trip Advisor. The room was nice, had a nice balcony, large kitchen, but the furniture looked and felt economical. When you sat on the couch you could feel the bars from the hide-a-bed. The bed had a worn out dent in it so both of us rolled to the middle. The view was the back side of Vegas but it worked out for me because I could watch planes coming in.

When we checked in I asked to change to a 2 bedroom, was told that they had none available for our length of stay (8 nights) and I was willing to pay the extra money. I put a piece of tape on the 2 bedroom suite doors on our floor and it stayed taped the entire time. The next morning wife gets in the shower, light burnt out inside stall, shower head sprayed in all directions due to calcium buildup and then she got out.. no towels!! She had to use a wash cloth to dry off with. I called down stairs and it took 40 minutes to get towels. The hot tub was so hot you could cook lobster in it!!! Pool was cool but not warm by any means.

Oh and don't go there thinking it has a SPA... only thing it has are some showers and a steam room. No hot tub or dry sauna and they still want $10.00 a day. Person there told me they send guests to other hotels for a real spa.

The came check out... was told that they couldn't provide me with a receipt because they were doing an audit (at 5 am) but would email me one. I had to call back the next day to get it sent to me because I assume the night clerk forgot.

I will say that there are a couple of valet guys there that made us feel welcome and were always smiling and asking how we were doing. Their names are Roger and Julian. Just their attitudes made our stay bearable. Only reason we would come back is if we couldn't find another suite hotel available.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank drpeperlvr

I'm very sorry your time at our hotel was only OK. Our goal is to make all our guests feel the time they spend with us is a truly memorable experience. I apologize for the service issues you encountered as that is something we certainly have control over. I want you to know that we take all your comments seriously and they will be addressed with our employees.