Platinum Hotel and Spa
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$388
US$210
Official Site
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$85
US$247
US$203
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$180
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$226
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$122
3,861 results
All reviewsprincess suitefull kitchennon smokingoff the stripstir loungewasher dryerliving roomellis islandpots and pansvalet staffnon gamblingfree valet parkinghuge bathroomjacuzzi tubquiet hotelseparate showermonorail station
Reviewed 22 March 2008

Did a quick "Spa Crawl" last week, first half of my trip I stayed at Green Valley Ranch/Spa. Second half: The Platinum. As far as the hotels went, Platinum won hands down. Absolutely beautiful, easy access, friendly staff, enormous jacuzzi tub, great view, everything I could have wanted. I had heard wonderful things about both spas but unfortunately, only the Green Valley Ranch Spa delivered. I had a wrap and a facial at Green Valley, saving a pedicure and massage for the Platinum. Now, I'm no "spa expert", just a girl from Green Bay with some time and money to spend. I had business appointments all Saturday and was leaving Las Vegas early Monday morning. I called the Spa and was willing to work in the massage and pedicure whenever on Sunday they could fit me in. The girl I spoke with seemed a bit dazed and confused, and told me they had no manicurist working on Sunday. Okay, again, I'm no expert, but a first-class Las Vegas Spa with NO manicurist available on a weekend day, period? I was very sad....and might suggest to the Platinum that they have a list of substitute manicurists to call in case 'o emergency. So, I booked a "deep tissue" massage, only, for Sunday. I arrived at the Spa (which, on the upside, is very easily accessed on the 4th floor!) and was met by no less than four Spa employees talking at he the front desk. They all just sort of stared at me, like I wasn't expected, and I had to explain who I was and why I was there. Exactly the opposite of my reception at Green Valley Ranch. After we established who I was and that I did, in fact, have an appointment for a massage, I was immediately asked how I intended to pay for it. I thought this was odd, and slightly abrasive, and again, completely opposite to how I was treated at Green Valley. Hello. I'm a hotel guest, have a credit card on file, I'm NOT GOING ANYWHERE, and before I've had my massage, I'm asked to pay? Weird. And offensive, and counter-productive to a spa selling products that you only buy when you're all blissful and on your way out the door. After paying for my yet to be had massage, I was given a very quick tour of the spa, told that there was a sauna but it wasn't working, and then given equally quick instructions on how to use the keypad on the lockers. It was early in the morning....I'm not a quick learner at ANY time of the day, and I had to plead for help from another, more intelligent guest on how to gain entry into my locker. My massuese was friendly, but the "deep tissue" massage was...not very good. It was routine and one of those massages you keep hoping will get better but, time ticks away and it never does. As I was leaving, the girl at the desk did ask how my massage was, but she seemed a bit confused and had no response when I said " It was, um, okay".
At the end of the day: Happy With Hotel - Sad With Spa.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank GreenBaySloan
Reviewed 20 March 2008

We booked this hotel after reading a number of positive reviews on tripadvisor and other sites. There were 10 of us, staying in four different suites. Everything about this hotel was fantastic from start to finish. Upon arriving at the hotel, those of us who booked solitaire suites were upgraded so that our party could stay on the same floor. The rooms are all suites, and they're enormous at about 1000 sq ft. in size. The bathrooms are huge, and well appointed - but given the rest of the suite, that's no surprise. The fireplace was a nice touch, and the balcony was huge! I enjoyed having the kitchen to keep drinks and whatnot around, but for those of you that like to cook - they don't give you many dishes. The pool was awesome - there was a huge deck with firepits, and comfortable chairs, and during the day they have a bar setup on the pool deck. Because the restaurant is located on the 5th floor, next to the pool, poolside dining is an option as well. The lounge on the main floor looked pretty cool as well.

My only complaint about the hotel would be the location - it's only a block from the strip, but it's a long block. I wouldn't recommend walking alone at night between the hotel and the strip, as it seems muggers like to hang out along the side streets waiting for unsuspecting tourists. But that has nothing to do with the hotel, so it gets an excellent rating in my books!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank joecdn
Reviewed 11 March 2008

What can I say? The Platinum has to be one of the finest hotels I have ever stayed anywhere in the country, with reasonable rates and pleasant staff. Nothing was misrepresented by their promotional information, so I am convinced that negative reviews have been offered by very high maintenance people with personal issues.

The spa was great, as were the pool facilities. Rooms were so comfortable and quiet! Great retreat from The Strip. Nice walking distance to the central strip. Neighborhood seemed a little marginal at first, but found it to be just fine.

This will be my base camp for future expeditions to LAS.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank Sequester
Reviewed 5 March 2008

We came to las Vegas to get married and this was the perfect hotel.
It was close to the strip, yet peaceful with fantastic views. We had no delays on check in or out.
All of the staff were more than helpful and polite & our Solitaire room was beautiful with huge lounge, large kitchen, bedroom & bathroom. It was spotlessly clean.
We would certainly book this hotel again if visiting vegas & would recommend anybody else to.

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank scj1101
Reviewed 28 February 2008

Ah, the Platinum. It's where I stay in Vegas these days.

Really, you can't get a 900-1000 square foot full suite that's well-appointed (with jacuzzi, nice bathroom, full kitchen, balcony) ANYWHERE else for the prices you get (sometimes, the Platinum can be had for $129, if you look in the right places).

I've had good service and good food there (braised short ribs go well with their Burgundy selection). The pool's nice, with much more of a Palm Springs than Vegas feel. I also like the fact that if I DO want low cost food, the Tuscany and Ellis Island are both next door (the Tuscany has good Tex-Mex, Ellis Island has ribs and an off-menu 24 hour steak special).

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo