“Good Choice!!”

Ranked #9 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Columbus, Ohio
“Good Choice!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2008

We stayed 2 nights while in Vegas on a Friday & Saturday. We were able to check in early and received a suite. Rooms were clean and spacious. We received a good rate and it was a good spot to stay since we planned to take day trips around Nevada.
Check it out!! A good choice!!

• Stayed March 2008
1 Thank OhioTrav

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,011)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
London UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2008

We have just returned from an 8 night stay at the Platinum and it is a really great hotel- having been to Vegas twice before we had stayed at Bellagio and the South Point- we felt that the Platinum offered the best of both worlds-good location just off the strip, with above average sized accomodations and without the smoky and noisy casino that can blight some of the hotels in Las Vegas- for those of us who aren't hardened gamblers!

The only negative: We had a fairly late check in at around 9.30pm which for some reason took ages- the guy at reception wasn't overly friendly and was tapping away for what seemed like an eternity. He asked us if we wanted to upgrade to a large room with a washer and dryer for another $30.00 a day- we said no- as we didnt really think we needed a washer dryer for an extra 30 bucks for every day! So after more tapping on the screen and no conversation he then said that he was putting us in the suite with the washer dryer for no extra charge- most likely because they didnt have one of the smaller suites available...that kind of annoyed me because he had tried to get 30 dollars extra a day from us- and then gave it to us for nothing anyway- as they didnt have our pre booked and paid suite available! i asked if there was a room with a strip view and was told that would be an upgrade- ie you have to pay more- and actually I felt our mountain view was more inspiring- with all the construction on the strip the strip views from the Platinum really only cover the back of Ballys and Planet Hollywood as Bellagio is obscured as is Paris Las Vegas!

Having a full kitchen is brilliant- we stocked up on groceries at the local Albertsons and was able to have breakfast each day in the room...saved a few bucks and actually there are only so many buffet breakfasts you want to eat! The balcony was great as it meant a brief respite from the interminable air conditioning found throughout Vegas and the double sized jacuzzi bath was a great touch! The kitchen came with plates, cups, bowls, cutlery and toaster, coffee maker and kettle, microwave- really top notch! The large fridge freezer had an ice maker on the front which was great for evening drinks before heading out on the town! Housekeeping was efficient- they would fill the dishwasher with any crockery used so when you got back in the late afternoon it was ready to unload! The washer dryer actually came in handy too as we have arrived home and have no holiday washing to do!

I would definitely recommend the Platinum- it reminded me of a swish New York Hotel- and for the price we got we loved it!

One last point- there is no self parking- it is all valet parking- we found the parking guys to be efficient and friendly-and we never had to wait long for the car....made a change just going down in the elevator, getting the car and driving off, whereas with some of the larger Strip hotels you have to spend 20 minutes walking out of the hotel and finding your car!

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank Gslade
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2008

The Platinum was a great experience for us. I was traveling with my 15 year old son and nephew, so we wanted a little more space. I also wanted to be able to escape the casino world when we wanted. The hotel provided all that and so much more. The "apartment" was very well designed with a full kitchen, a great bathroom with a separate jac. tube and shower, and two queens in the bedroom. We were on floor 12, so the terrace was really nice for early morning coffee. The place has all the stuff you need including flat screen TV's, Bose stereo, etc. I would like more cooking stuff in the kitchen. The pool has both an indoor and an outdoor section, so we were able to use it even though it was March. They have a reasonably sized and well equipped gym that they don't ding you on. The distance to the strip takes about 10 min. walk, no more then the MGM Sig.. You can't get away from the strip and casino craziness if you don't get off the strip, so the 10 min. walk is actually about perfect. As to the valet issue, they were super quick getting the car since at the end of the day it is a small hotel. Two bucks here and there, big deal, and we all need a job. The rates are great, check with the hotel directly. Also they let us check in early (11am) and out late (12) with no issues. This is my first review, and the Platinum is why.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Gonowwally
Green Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2008

Did a quick "Spa Crawl" last week, first half of my trip I stayed at Green Valley Ranch/Spa. Second half: The Platinum. As far as the hotels went, Platinum won hands down. Absolutely beautiful, easy access, friendly staff, enormous jacuzzi tub, great view, everything I could have wanted. I had heard wonderful things about both spas but unfortunately, only the Green Valley Ranch Spa delivered. I had a wrap and a facial at Green Valley, saving a pedicure and massage for the Platinum. Now, I'm no "spa expert", just a girl from Green Bay with some time and money to spend. I had business appointments all Saturday and was leaving Las Vegas early Monday morning. I called the Spa and was willing to work in the massage and pedicure whenever on Sunday they could fit me in. The girl I spoke with seemed a bit dazed and confused, and told me they had no manicurist working on Sunday. Okay, again, I'm no expert, but a first-class Las Vegas Spa with NO manicurist available on a weekend day, period? I was very sad....and might suggest to the Platinum that they have a list of substitute manicurists to call in case 'o emergency. So, I booked a "deep tissue" massage, only, for Sunday. I arrived at the Spa (which, on the upside, is very easily accessed on the 4th floor!) and was met by no less than four Spa employees talking at he the front desk. They all just sort of stared at me, like I wasn't expected, and I had to explain who I was and why I was there. Exactly the opposite of my reception at Green Valley Ranch. After we established who I was and that I did, in fact, have an appointment for a massage, I was immediately asked how I intended to pay for it. I thought this was odd, and slightly abrasive, and again, completely opposite to how I was treated at Green Valley. Hello. I'm a hotel guest, have a credit card on file, I'm NOT GOING ANYWHERE, and before I've had my massage, I'm asked to pay? Weird. And offensive, and counter-productive to a spa selling products that you only buy when you're all blissful and on your way out the door. After paying for my yet to be had massage, I was given a very quick tour of the spa, told that there was a sauna but it wasn't working, and then given equally quick instructions on how to use the keypad on the lockers. It was early in the morning....I'm not a quick learner at ANY time of the day, and I had to plead for help from another, more intelligent guest on how to gain entry into my locker. My massuese was friendly, but the "deep tissue" massage was...not very good. It was routine and one of those massages you keep hoping will get better but, time ticks away and it never does. As I was leaving, the girl at the desk did ask how my massage was, but she seemed a bit confused and had no response when I said " It was, um, okay".
At the end of the day: Happy With Hotel - Sad With Spa.

• Liked — My Room!
  • Disliked — The Spa!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank GreenBaySloan
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2008

We booked this hotel after reading a number of positive reviews on tripadvisor and other sites. There were 10 of us, staying in four different suites. Everything about this hotel was fantastic from start to finish. Upon arriving at the hotel, those of us who booked solitaire suites were upgraded so that our party could stay on the same floor. The rooms are all suites, and they're enormous at about 1000 sq ft. in size. The bathrooms are huge, and well appointed - but given the rest of the suite, that's no surprise. The fireplace was a nice touch, and the balcony was huge! I enjoyed having the kitchen to keep drinks and whatnot around, but for those of you that like to cook - they don't give you many dishes. The pool was awesome - there was a huge deck with firepits, and comfortable chairs, and during the day they have a bar setup on the pool deck. Because the restaurant is located on the 5th floor, next to the pool, poolside dining is an option as well. The lounge on the main floor looked pretty cool as well.

My only complaint about the hotel would be the location - it's only a block from the strip, but it's a long block. I wouldn't recommend walking alone at night between the hotel and the strip, as it seems muggers like to hang out along the side streets waiting for unsuspecting tourists. But that has nothing to do with the hotel, so it gets an excellent rating in my books!

• Liked — The HUGE, well appointed suites
  • Disliked — The location away from the strip
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank joecdn
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2008

What can I say? The Platinum has to be one of the finest hotels I have ever stayed anywhere in the country, with reasonable rates and pleasant staff. Nothing was misrepresented by their promotional information, so I am convinced that negative reviews have been offered by very high maintenance people with personal issues.

The spa was great, as were the pool facilities. Rooms were so comfortable and quiet! Great retreat from The Strip. Nice walking distance to the central strip. Neighborhood seemed a little marginal at first, but found it to be just fine.

This will be my base camp for future expeditions to LAS.

• Liked — Quiet, non-smoking spacious rooms.
  • Disliked — Bit of a hike in a desolate area.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank Sequester
chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2008

We came to las Vegas to get married and this was the perfect hotel.
It was close to the strip, yet peaceful with fantastic views. We had no delays on check in or out.
All of the staff were more than helpful and polite & our Solitaire room was beautiful with huge lounge, large kitchen, bedroom & bathroom. It was spotlessly clean.
We would certainly book this hotel again if visiting vegas & would recommend anybody else to.

Stayed February 2008