“Value and Class”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed with my wife for two weekend nights before our trip to Denver. We live two hours north in Utah and frequently "weekend in Vegas". I've stayed at many of the Vegas properties. Unlike many tourists we are never interested in a big splurge. We want conformable accommodation and clean, quite rooms.
Platinum has it all and more in spades!!
The room was $160 and was immaculate. Huge! With a view!
Ask for the highest room available and "far from elevator".
Actually don't pay more for the Vegas strip view rooms because they overlook the pool and people will be looking up at you as you try to take in the view from your balcony. The view on the other side is quieter and just as dramatic.
A big problem with rooms in Vegas is the noise of the other guests. Many people come to Vegas to party all night in their rooms and hoot and holler. That's fine but if the walls are thin you will not get any sleep.
This hotel had no noise intrusion. There were many party rooms going on and I didn't hear them AT ALL.
The interior decor was very classy too. Jetted tub, walk-in shower, granite everything. Full size kitchen with refrigerator. What else could you ask for? All that for $160 and walking distance to the strip too>
You won't be disappointed.
Enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank sneezenwheez
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us this wonderful review. I am happy that your vacation was memorable and that you enjoyed our hotel and all that we have to offer. We thank you for your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Las Vegas.

There are newer reviews for Platinum Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Had a great weekend stay, attending a F.O.W. event. Room was great, was very large and clean. It is in a great location just off the strip. The staff was excellent as well, helpful, friendly and engaging. They offered assistance at every opportunity. I enjoyed my stay and look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

I am delighted to hear that our staff was very accommodating and helpful. Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. We look forward to your future stays with us and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We have stayed here previously. The rooms are large and very well equipped. The rooms do not have any nasty chemical cleaning smells and being a non smoking hotel it is easy breathing. All of the staff we delt with we friendly and informative.

Stayed: June 2013

I am happy to hear that you have returned to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. We look forward to your future visits, and appreciate your business and referrals.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Very quiet off strip in Vegas. the room was clean and comfortable and had more amenities than most, fridge, stove large bathroom with separate shower and bath. One thing in particular that I enjoyed was that the whole place is smoke free. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the pool are, while not fancy was relaxing. I would recommend staying here. The only thing I didn't like was that it is a long walk, especially in the heat, to the strip and the area between the hotel and the strip is kinda sketchy. But, Ellis Island Casino is right around the corner and it has cheap tables and fantastic BBQ!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian W

Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. I am happy your stay with us was comfortable and that you enjoyed our large guestrooms with all the comforts they provide. We appreciate your business and would like to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I recently had to be in Vegas on business and The Platinum was recommended to me by an associate. I am not really a Vegas person and not that excited about going there, but the hotel was a nice surprise. Check-in was fast and friendly. When I got to the room my cell phone charger had died and the nice young man at the front desk charged it for me and told me how to get to the nearest Apple store. The happy hour with half off drinks and appetizers was great. My "room" was a large one-bedroom suite with full kitchen and over sized bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the suite was very clean. When I left I had a problem printing out a label so I could ship a box back. Joe and Al were very helpful and took care of everything for me. The hotel van gave us a lift a couple of times and we really appreciated that. Kathy in the Spa gives an awesome massage! Very reasonably priced room and food and close to, but far enough away from the craziness. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

I am happy your friend referred us to you and also pleased that your stay with us was pleasant and comfortable. Thank you for taking the time to give us this wonderful review and recognize everyone who went above and beyond during your stay. I'm sure it makes them very happy to know that they have left an impression of our service in your mind. Thank you once again and we hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Our family of 8 from Norway stayed at the Platinum Hotel and Spa from June 12 to June 15 2013. We had 2 suites, 4 persons in each. We were met by a very friendly and service minded staff with good humor, especially the valet and the waiter at the restaurant on 5. floor. The hotel has a very good location, is quiet, the suites are big and have a very good standard. The hotel does not have a casino, that's perfect - there's plenty of casino's other places in Las Vegas. We stayed at the hotel mainly because of a sightseeing to the Grand Canyon and some shopping in Las Vegas.
This is our best stay on any hotel ever and we will recommend it to everyone.
We will stay at the Platinum again if we come to Las Vegas in the future.
Just perfect!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kjell Terje H H
John A, General Manager at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that our staff was humerous and delightful. Also happy to know that your trip to Las Vegas was memorable and comfortable. We thank you for your recommendation and hope you choose to stay with us again in the future if you decide to visit Las Vegas again.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Could not believe the size of our room. Most comfortable stay I have ever had in Las Vegas. I was involved in Flames of War tournament and the hotel provided lunch for the players and the sandwiches were delicious.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Juice M

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. Most of our guests are amazed by the size of our accommodations, and that's why they choose to come back and stay with us. We truly appreciate your business and hope you choose to stay with us in the future.