“Best hotel experience ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Platinum Hotel and Spa

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Laurel, Maryland
“Best hotel experience ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband, daughter and I spent 4 nights at this hotel and we would definitely stay again during the next Vegas trip. My husband and I arrived about 6 hours before the check-in time and we were given a room. When our daughter's flight arrived later in the day, the staff gave us a ride to the airport so we didn't have to pay for the taxi which is around $15 one-way. For my birthday, I received chocolate covered strawberries, two small bottles of champagne and a card from the staff. The hotel room was like an apartment. There was a full kitchen and large bathroom with both shower and jacuzzi-style tub. I was able to do laundry thanks to our room having a washer and dryer. Our room had a strip view so I spent plenty of time sitting on the balcony taking in the sights especially at night. This hotel was selected because there is no casino and it was a very wise decision because when a taxi was needed, the wait was never long. We avoided the long taxi lines like we experienced at the casino hotels. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant Kilawat every morning. If you have a big appetite, you have to order the country benedict. My husband said I did a good job selecting Platinum Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank that_girl2013
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Well Happy belated Birthday...I'm glad the team recognized that and that you enjoyed your stay. I've had the Country Benedict before, delicious! Come back and visit us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,001)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We were in town for a wedding (a regular one, not the Elvis version) and had our kids with us. We stayed here for one night at the end of our trip.

-Had the strip view 1 bedroom jacuzzi suite. Clean, nice decor, no smoking, very nice space. I believe these were going to be condos, so full amenities (washer/dryer, full kitchen). GREAT place to stay. About 2 blocks off the strip down from Caesars.

-Pool needed to be skimmed - not sure how this high up it had some many things floating in it, but it did. It was fine overall but a little disturbing seeing all the crap float around on top and at the bottom. The ground is hot as hell, make sure you wear flip flops or something you will scorch your feet walking from the pool to your seats. The poolside service, is okay, food is eh... I would suggest eating elsewhere unless you were starving like us. Then it was fine but overpriced. Sangria was a strange recipe, but pretty tasty.

Easy in, easy out no waiting ever... 5 step walk to your elevator and in your room in about 2 minutes which is probably one of the biggest attractions compared to a strip hotel.

We got a promo deal for the night, I would stay here again in a heartbeat with that deal.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I will discuss with our team your concerns at the pool. I know the concrete can get pretty hot, and although we do get some crazy wind at times, I'm not sure what caused the debris in the pool. I say that with a grain of salt seeing as you come from the "Windy City", but want you to know it isn't typical. I agree the short walk to the elevators and room with no long lines are nice and thing often commented on by our guests. I will share your concerns and compliments about the food & beverage with our Food & Beverage Manager. Did you know we do have a Happy Hour in STIR on the 1st Floor? You can get some really good deals like half off appetizers and signature drinks. Thanks again for the review. We hope to see you soon.
Rego Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Only stayed one night, but it was great! The room (actually a suite) was huge and very comfortable. The staff was very helpful, especially when I realized that I had forgotten my toothbrush. I asked at the front desk if there was somewhere in the hotel where I could get one. The gentleman at the front desk said that he would send a couple of complimentary ones up to my room. A few minutes later, a bellhop came up with a bag containing toothbrushes, toothpaste, shaving cream, razors, shampoo and deodorant - all complimentary! The hotel is also a relatively short walk to the strip. All in all. I would definitely recommend the Patinum!

Room Tip: Strip view seems nice. We were on the third floor so it was kind of hard to judge, so if you can ge...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great review. I am very glad our staff took care of you. I am also happy you enjoyed your stay. Even though the full kitchen and condo feel makes it nice for guests to stay multiple nights, the value and price makes us a viable option for overnight stays as well. Hope to see you again soon!
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Recently I have been looking at non-gaming hotels a few blocks from the strip and have stayed at many great sites. I got an e-mail deal from Travel Zoo about Platinum Hotel and did a bit of research on the hotel on both Yelp and Trip Advisor and took note to the glowing reviews as well as the plethora of pictures people have posted on the net of the hotel. This is a fantastic hotel, the hotel staff was pleasant, attentive, and accommodating and helped us with any questions or needs that we presented. The furnishings and decor of the hotel was modern and hip and reminded me of some of the small boutique hotels in New York. Our room was huge and was more like a mini-apartment or even a time share and was about 1000 sq. feet. It was clean, modernly furnished, and the bathrooms were well appointed with tile and granite. We had a strip view balcony room and in the mornings provided a great view of the strip while i had my coffee and read the paper. This hotel has a lot going for it including two restaurants, spa, pool, and fitness center. We used the pool and even though it was small it was nicely furnished with lounge chairs and patio loveseats with a modern flair just like the hotel. The pool was built so it had both indoor and outdoor access and the coolest thing was even thought it was small they had a bar attached to it where you could order drinks and small eats via walking up to it or asking one of the wait staff to get something for you while you lounged outside. We went to happy hour at the Stir Lounge on the first floor lobby level and had drinks and appetizers before we went out for night on the town. The wait staff and bartenders were extremely quick and attentive and the quality of food was fantastic, for two of us we ate and had two alcoholic drinks for about $20.00. There is also an Arco AM/PM and 7/11 on the corner where the hotel sits and we were able to get snacks, water, energy drinks, and small hot food items when we didn't feel like eating at a restaurant simply by walking over which took just two minutes walking to get there. Overall we had simply a fantastic time at Platinum and would definitely stay here again as well as highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of the strip but can get right back into the action since they are just blocks away from the strip.

Room Tip: Request a high floor when you get there for the best views, when checking in if strip rooms are avai...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Mistermodern
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Thank you for the great review. The indoor pool bar is new to the hotel. We are going for the Tiki theme and so far it has been well received by our guests. You touched on one thing I think is often overlooked at the hotel...Happy Hour. We have one of the longest running happy hours in Las Vegas going until 8pm, and half off appeitizers and signature drinks. You go to some places on the Strip and you are going to be paying a significant amount more. Thanks again for the review. We hope to see you next time!
Las Vegas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I selected this hotel for a bachelorette weekend in August 2013. I needed a full kitchen and the reviews of this hotel were decent. The nightmare started immediately upon check-in. I made my reservation in May 2013. I requested 2 queen beds by calling the hotel directly and they reassured me that it was noted in my reservation. Upon arriving however, I was told it was a $30.00 extra charge to have 2 queen beds. Really??! Ridiculous! I told Eugene, the person who checked me in and perpetrated as if he was a manager, that one KING bed was not going to work, its not what my reservation was for, and that he needed to find a room with 2 queens. He was not empathetic at all and offered an upgrade, but of course at my expense..REALLY???!! He claims that there were no queen bed rooms available, but after a Mexican standoff, he miraculously found a room with 2 queens. Oh it gets better.. So after checking in, and putting our dinner groceries in the refrigerator, several hours later we realize it is not working and the food is not cold. I had to call the front desk 4 times before it was finally fixed at 2 am in the morning..2 visits each from 2 different hotel maintenance employees before the problem was solved. So my boyfriend and I had to sit on the couch listening to the ruckus in the kitchen, instead of enjoying our stay.
The manager Sky, who is completely worthless and tried to insult my intelligence by offering to "comp" my vegetables if they spoil since they don't furnish the rooms with working appliances. I had to go completely irate in order to get any kind compensation for the horrific first night. So finally at 1 am in the morning Sky, decides to call and comp the room for the first night since there were so many issues..WOW!! Not impressed as he should have done that the 2nd time I had to call to get the fridge fixed..not after the 4th call! The carpet was dirty and this place is supposed to have a full compliment kitchen.. well, I had to call once again to get silverware, because I guess they think that 1 knife, 3 forks and 5 spoons is proper. Just a tacky hotel, with no attention to detail. HORRID, WRETCHED customer service.

The only good was the loss prevention staff who located my shoes that were accidentally left in lobby upon checkut.

Interestingly enough, when I went a week later to get my shoes, a different manager just so happened to be at the front desk. He asked me about my visit, I gave him the complete run down, and he "acted" as if he was completely surprised and disappointed that I had such a terrible visit. He then began to plead that he allow The Platinum to make it up to me offering me a free stay, and stating that "we are so much better than that, please allow me to make it up to you!" He took my information, stating he would send a certificate for a free stay...That was almost 2 weeks ago, haven't heard a peep from him since!

PATHETIC! TYPICAL VEGAS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
15 Thank Sher469
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

You are not getting a hotel room, you are getting a nice and very large one bedroom apartment. The location is great right in the center of The Strip and right behind Bally's. The view is actually pretty good and you have a nice balcony to enjoy it ! The price is great especially considering what you are getting. All of the rooms have a full kitchen I think and a separate living area and bedroom. Also it is a non-smoking hotel and has a nice pool area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thank you Mike for your review. I do think we have great value and "bang for your buck" when you compare us to other hotels in the area. You are correct all units have a separate bedroom, full kitchen, bathroom, living area, and balcony. Also all units come with Jacuzzi tubs. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me if I can ever be of service to you. Hope to see you soon.
Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

We (wife and two sons) only spent one night here but it was great - attractive reception area (no gambling here, which keeps things more civilised) and a very comfortable suite. It was nice to have a separate bedroom (this was a two week road trip...) for once and enjoy the views from our balcony. The washer/dryer was a particular bonus for us.
Impeccably clean, attractively furnished, very comfortable.
Location is a few minutes walk from The Strip but that keeps things a little quieter, though the heat when we were there made it seem further than it really was!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you Ashley. I'm glad we worked out well for your family. We do get a lot of families that enjoy the hotel, not only because of the non-gaming, but also with separate bedroom from the rest of the suite. Gives good privacy on those longer road trips. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of having you as our guest again.