“Great alternative to the bi strip hotels”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Mons, Belgium
“Great alternative to the bi strip hotels”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights mid November.

Nice, large well designed suites and a great staff.

Perfect for a business trip.

Location is good, but not in the strip, fine for me but some may want the benefits of being on the strip.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SNEVMAN
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will share your review with the staff. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My teenage daughter and I stayed in the Princess suite for 3 nights early October 2013. The suite was larger than we could have imagined, the beds were comfy, and the jetted tub was a blessing after walking around Vegas all day! Also, nice to have the laundry ensuite as we had just come off a week long cruise. Heads up, the property is 100% smoke free and has a $500 fine if caught smoking in suite (rightfully so), INCLUDING the balcony (not mentioned at time of booking). Service was fast, friendly and professional. Suite was very quiet & clean. would have been nice to have signage for the door knob as we were interrupted a few times by the maid. It's centrally located but a bit of a walk to the strip as all the properties are so huge. Much nicer than some of the hotels on the strip so definitely would stay again.

Room Tip: Call ahead to request a room on higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank McLeanRussell
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for the great review. I do apologize for you not having a Do Not Disturb on your door. I will ask the room attendants to double check each room over the next few days. We have plenty available so a little disappointing that your suite didn't have one. Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad we provided the services you were looking for and I could agree more on the size of the rooms. Our Marquise suites have more square footage (around 2200 sq ft) than my house. Plus they are affordable. Anyways...thanks for the reveiw, and I hope we see you again soon. Thank you.
Peterlee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel which is absolutely deserving of its amazing trip advisor rating. This is a 'condo hotel' and is made up of huge suites which have massive bedroom, fantastic bathrooms with huge jacuzzi baths (fit 4 people easily), fully equipped kitchen which is better than my home kitchen! Huge American style fridge freezer for storing your beer, vodka and coke (better than a crappy mini- bar) and amazing lounge leading to balcony - ours overlooked the strip and the swimming pool area.
All this hotel lacks is a casino (and a fountain and a volcano and tigers )- and that is what makes it so good! If I want casino or sharks, roller coaster, gondolas etc there are plenty to choose in Vegas but I can walk straight into my hotel without hassles and be in my room in seconds, after being greated by the very friendly staff. No gimmicks - just a great hotel
This would be considered a medium / large hotel in most places but in Vegas it is small and all the staff are friendly and amazing. Particular praise for the consiage Geta would was amazingly helpfull and went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. What is more she left the feeling that she wanted to help and not that she was just doing her job.
We got married from this hotel, Geta organised a hairdresser to come to our room at 0730 to do my wifes's hair and later in the day we had a bottle of champagne in ice bucket in our room and chocolate strawberries in our fridge. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The Deputy manager allowed us to view our wedding photo DVD on his computer which was also a nice touch.
At the pool the waiter cocked up our food order one day and brought wrong food - the spaghetti we ordered (as well as a burger) was not very nice but it was instantly replaced with a second burger and we were only charged for one of the three meals we ate! - everyone can make mistakes but the true sign of a class establishment and business is when a positive can be made out of a negative.
The hotel is situated one block from Ballys and the strip - although it is not on the strip it is actually closer to the strip and the action than most of the high cost strip hotels. If you walk across Bally / Paris car park at rear and enter these hotels by their back doors or walk along their taxi roads you will save loads of time and hassles. The area around the hotel was safe, even at night and there were other businesses 7/11 casino, breakfast shops, garages right outside of hotel.
I have travelled to over 40 countries and stayed in 100s of hotels - I can honestly say this was the best hotel I have ever stayed in, we have already recommended to friends and will certainly be returning in future. -
I wish I could give this hotel 6 stars!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Travelingjohn123
Thank you so much! I don't know if I have seen a better review for us. I am so proud to work here and to read surveys like yours. We will certainly recognize Gita and the rest of the team for their terrific job. I wish you could give us 6-stars too. We can't wait to have you back at the hotel.
All the best!
Honolulu
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This review is based on a short stay, which wasn't long enough to go in depth. Because I found this location at the last moment, and only for an evening (casino hotels are outrageously priced on weekends!), this is not enough for a good shakedown.
First impression of the location is that it would be a so-so hotel, because of the neighborhood. Entry into the lobby still maintains that feeling but as you check into your room, you'll notice that this property was meant to be a residence and is nicely-appointed.
It was a bit of a surprise to see a wall upon looking out of the living room's windows but the bedroom's view was of the Strip and made it bearable. The appointments here looked very welcoming, and if you're in Vegas for a period of time, the Platinum should be on your list.
I only needed a place to sleep since there are too many distractions in Vegas to make me stay in the room, but from what I saw, you are well-covered with all you need except for a washer/dryer, which is available in the other suites.
Roominess is one of the adjectives that comes to mind and there is a feeling of being at a "home away from home" here. If you like the amenities of a nice kitchen, bathroom with full bath and jacuzzi, and a living room with a TV that can articulate and come out of the wall for better viewing then you should seriously consider the Platinum.
I didn't get to check any of the other accommodations on the premises but will consider this hotel again in future stays.
The floors were clean and the decor was inviting. If you are paying to stay on the Strip, you are getting convenience to the casinos. The same price, or cheaper, will get you a suite with near-luxury accommodations and a much better experience than a casino suite with a bed and bathroom only.
A more serious review from future stays is in order.

Room Tip: Consider this hotel over one on the Strip if booking a weekend stay.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bx3
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for the honest feedback. It appears overall it was a good visit for you. You will typically pay quite a bit more to be on the Strip. When you look at the value we offer for the size and quality of the room, I do think we are hard to match. Again I appreciate your feedback and look forward to more feedback on your next trip. Thank you for your business.
Maryland
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I stayed four night in October, 2013. A few days before our stay, I emailed the hotel and requested a high floor facing the Strip. And, that's what I got. Check-in was a breeze and the front desk staff was professional and helpful. The suite had the requisite amenities. Suite was clean and roomy.

The Platinum is just an 8 minute walk from the Strip. This all-suite hotel was priced right. The breakfast menu, food and service was acceptable. Valet parking staff was efficient and my car arrived within minutes, no waiting around. I appreciated the free wi-fi.

I have no reservations (no pun intended) about recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the Strip
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evan L
Thank you for the great review and for recommending us. We hope to see you back here on your next visit to Las Vegas. All the best!
Baltimore
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed in late October and have stayed before so I knew what to expect and how great the Platinum is. My wife and I always book the Princess Suite since it is a little larger and comes with a washer/dryer combo letting us pack very lightly. The pros on this hotel are too numerous to list. The valets/bell staff were excellent. We were assigned a wrong type of room and I had to get it changed and Roger the valet stayed with the bags never complaining as I have seen others do at other hotels. His reply was "We are here to help." The room is quiet and the bed and sofa are comfortable after the action of the day/night. I have special dietary needs and cook some of my meals in the room. All I needed to do was ask for cookware and it was brought up within 5 minutes. With the full size refrigerator/freezer this allowed for my needs as well as saving a few $.
The patio is also a great plus as few Vegas hotels have this. Watching the sunset on the mountains with a few drinks is very relaxing. Also if you need wi-fi as most of us do now it comes with the price of the room with no additional fee!
The maid/cleaning staff also ahve seemed to improve. Our requests for more supplies were met and the room and carpet was clean.
All in all it is like home in Las Vegas and we already have our reservations set up for our next stay at this great hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank d-dog_h-of-h
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
We really appreciate the great review. I will personally thank Roger for his great service. He is a leader in that group of valets and consistently does a great job for us. Thanks again, and we are more than pleased to know you will be returning. Take care.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed here for 2.5 days with an almost 2 year old and we were so pleasantly surprised by everything this hotel had to offer. Our huge 1 bedroom suite had a full kitchen and refrigerator which is great for a constantly snacking/milk drinking toddler (and husband.) We ordered 4 room service meals because it was all pretty good (except for the vegetarian panini - yuk) and delivered quickly and not too expensive. They have some food downstairs and there is a good selection at the gas station right out the front door.
The pack & play was clean and they set it up quickly and efficiently, even though it wasn't in room as requested. The bathtub was HUGE and fun for her. Everything was very clean and well stocked.
We didn't get a chance to use the pool but will do that when we definitely go back. The entire staff was SO nice and very welcoming of a child, which I found refreshing after so many people complain that Vegas isn't for kids. We actually had an awesome time with her and did the touristy fun stuff that we've never done in 40+ trips to Vegas. (We highly recommend the dolphin/tiger park at the Mirage!)
The only issues were that the hotel seems to be on some main thoroughfare for ambulances so on a busy weekend, we heard them ALL night long. And there is no mattress pad on the bed so you feel every nook & cranny of the mattress, making me wonder how many other people and been so close to the mattress. Yuk.
Overall, great location (center strip is a few blocks walking), great hotel (clean and spacious), and great staff (one of them even surprised our daughter with bubbles in the elevator!). We will definitely be back and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Flamingo Street side might be a little louder. Ask the valet if the house car is avail...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Plaidbunny
We really appreciate the great review. I do enjoy reading about the great experiences our guests encounter. We have a very driven team that often take "service" into their own hands. I thought it was so cool that our team blew bubbles for your little one. Its the little touches that our team does on their own that helps us separate ourselves from the competition. We hope to see you again soon.