“Good Alternative to the Casino Hotels”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 2 December 2013

If you do not mind walking a ways to the strip, the Platinum offers an excellent alternative. I believe my room was the largest I have ever occupied when staying in Vegas, and I have stayed in suites at most of the top end hotels. While I did not make use of the full kitchen, I can appreciate having one available if I had decided to go the route of whipping up a few meals. The bathroom was huge, making it nice when two people are trying to get ready at the same time. The room was extremely quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The small lounge offers a great value of 50% off select items during happy hour. I am surprised more people did not take advantage of this offer, because the lounge was quite intimate and inviting. I paid extra for a strip view room but would not do so again, because the view just isn't there. There is no resort fee, so that is a huge plus in my book. I do not appreciate having to pay for amenities I do not use. Dog lovers will not like me for saying this, but I prefer that the pets stay home. All in all, a good trip and a good stay at the Platinum.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tallrdhd
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for the great review. I do think we have some great value in the size of our rooms compared to the cost. I do agree that our Happy Hour is not taken advantage enough by hotel guests and locals alike. It is a true Happy Hour, unlike some of the other hotels where Happy Hour prices just brings it down to where costs of drinks and appetizers should be. Thank you for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The good: Away from the noise and crowds of the strip but easy walking distance. Nice sized room, quiet, non-smoking and the kitchen was great. We ate most of our meals with food from Trader Joe's which decreased the cost of the vacation. Staff was always eager to please especially the valet service. They called to make sure everything was good with the room after we checked in.
The not so good: Most of our problems I believed stemmed from issues with the housekeeping staff. The ice machine was not turned on in the refrigerator when we first arrived so we had no ice when we first arrived and I could see where to turn the ice maker on. After a call, they did send someone to fix this. There was no blanket for the pull out couch in any of the closets which was also solved with a call. The main problem came with housekeeping on the last day. I had an insulated shopping bag with other reusable shopping bags in the room that were missing after housekeeping had been in the room. My only conclusion is that the housekeeper thought it was trash and threw it away since is was close to the trash can. I called that evening and the person at the front desk said he would check and get back to me but never did. He also said we would be reimbursed for the items (which wasn't much but it was inconvenient) I asked the next morning at the front desk and they knew nothing about the issue. To make a long story short, they did reimburse part of the room charges but initially, the only response was "I'm sorry".
In addition, I didn't sleep well because the bed was uncomfortable and we were unable to cool the room off with setting the thermostat lower than normal.

5  Thank Toad1976

Thank you for the review and feedback. I do apologize for the concerns you encountered. It sounds like some small easy fixes on our end would help to make it a much better experience. We will challenge the team to step up their game and deliver service surpassing our guests expectations.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Convinced by the high rating, it has been disappointing.
We had an immense room/apartment, but size does not mean quality.
It looks great, but then you start spotting the doors/walls/sofas/remote controls that are not clean as you would expect.
In addition, some member of the staff have been quite rough, they should learn manners and how to deal with the clients.
With such an incredible offer in Las Vegas, next time I will stay somewhere else, not difficult to find a better place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank besyta

Thank you for your feedback. We will share your review with the team so they can see your impressions of the hotel. I apologize for the lack of service. I know our team has done and is capable of providing much better service than you received. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My sister in laws and I recently spent 3 nights in Las Vegas at the Platinum Hotel and Spa. We stayed in a big suite that was absolutely fabulous with 2 bedrooms, 2 big bathrooms a good size living room, kitchen, and nice patio so we could see the beautiful strip at night. The staff at the Platinum were beyond friendly whether they were picking us up from the airport, holding open the doors or driving us to a particular destination, they always had a smile or a pleasant thing to say. The suite was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The bathrooms were huge with a great shower and big jacuzzi tub. The hotel is more of a condo style hotel which has more of a home style feel than actually being in a hotel. It was off the strip about 2 blocks but I didn't find that to be a problem, it was kind of nice being away from all the noise and constant action. This was my first time in Vegas and was very pleased with my stay at the Platinum, I will definitely go back to this hotel. Thank you Platinum staff for a wonderful stay!!!

1  Thank PKay777

Thank you for the wonderful review. We will be certain to share your great comments to the staff and thank them for a job well done. We are glad we were able to be part of your memorable first trip to Vegas. Come and visit again soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My wife and I recently spent 4 nights in Las Vegas at the Platinum Hotel & Spa. The experience was excellent! The suite was huge with complete kitchen and spa tub. We had a east facing suite which was very good. The staff was friendly and most helpful. Initially I had reservations about the valet parking service which is mandatory. However it worked out just fine. Did not have a chance to try the lounge or restaurant. The exercise room was small, but well equipped. We were in town for our son's wedding, and not to gamble. The hotel is completely smoke-free and non-gambling which made us very happy. I would certainly recommend the Platinum to out of town visitors. It is conveniently located on Flamingo Rd. 2 long blocks from The Strip. The room rates were also affordable. We would return to the Platinum next time we might visit Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are slightly less expensive. Did not need a distant view of The Strip which...
1  Thank Ed H

First off, congrats to you and your family for the special occasion. I'm glad you feel confident referring guests to our hotel. We do pride ourselves on service. We hope it isn't too long before we have you as our guest again. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Recently stayed for 6 nights in a princess suite with strip view. Slept well, never heard a sound from other guests or from outside. Great to have laundry facilities in room and be able to wash clothes after a bit of travelling. Found the walk to the strip a little too long at times, but easy enough to get a taxi to the casinos etc. Although the hotel is non-smoking there always seemed to be a horrible smell in the hallways leading to our room.

1  Thank JulieKG2012

Thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will look and investigate the funny smell. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The hotel is two blocks from the Vegas strip behind the Bally's. The hotel requires you to valet your car but is free except for tipping the valet's. The hotel seems like they were designed as condo's that have been converted to hotel rooms.There is no casino on the hotel grounds but a few small on within walking distance the strip up the hill. The hotel rooms are very nice.

I never felt at home at this hotel but it is just a feeling as nothing I can point to. Maybe it is the only hotel I have checked in to Vegas in recent years that made me wait for a room and then was given a very low floor room for waiting. Also they gave us a room that we did not ask for, I needed tow beds for our family but they tried to give me a single bed.

Given the competition for hotel rooms in Vegas, doubt I will come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank crapsguy
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for the reveiw. I do apologize for the wait for your room. We certainly are not meant for everyone, but if there is anything else we may be able to do to keep your business in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. All the best...Derek Morrison