“Fantastic hotel slightly away from the Vegas craziness”

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Ranked #8 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic hotel slightly away from the Vegas craziness”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I recently stayed in the Platinum for 2 nights with my family of four. It was perfect for us as a family (two queen beds plus a queen pull out sofa) - and I would stay there without kids if I ever came back to Vegas. I would not have liked to have to navigate the craziness of the strip casinos to get to my room, and really appreciated a hotel that is just a hotel (not a casino), off the strip.

The rooms are spacious and very well appointed. The linens were very high quality, the rooms were beautiful, the kids enjoyed the huge jacuzzi bath, and the service was great (front desk, valet and restaurant). We ate breakfast twice in the hotel restaurant and were very happy with the quality of food both times.

Room Tip: HIgher floors would be quieter, so try to get as high as possible.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kaisermcmahon
Derek M, Director of Rooms at Platinum Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Thank you for the great review. All great points you bring up. We will be certain to recognize our staff for delivering great customer service.Thank you again for the great review. We will be waiting for your return. Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,021)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Platinum was really a home away from home. We were given a free upgrade to a Princess suite which has a washer and dryer which was handy. Felt like we had an apartment rather than a hotel room. We also liked that there were no resort fees, plus the pool was open during our visit (24 – 31 December 2013), and was heated so it was nice and warm. Staff also very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. Location isn’t bad, Tuscany casino is right next door for a quick gamble. About 10 min walk from Ballys/Paris.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CoachBombay
We appreciate the feedback. We will share your review with our team and thank them for their hard work. How many places can you swim in 80 degree water in January!!! We hope we see you back here soon. Thank you for the referrals, they are appreciated!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Reserved a room for January 2014, and even paid the first night in advance at a special rate through the hotel using our travel agencies SABRE system, not a booking service like Tripadvisor. I received a call a few weeks later from the reservation department telling me that they sold the room too cheap, but would be willing to give me a "special" deal, which was two to three times more for the same room. They claimed they made a mistake, and said they wouldn't honor the pricing and canceled my room. The pricing was done directly through the hotel, using the pricing that *only* the hotel can apply, but the sales/reservations department told me they can get much, much more money for that room, so I would have to find another place to stay. Needless to say, our travel agency will never send any of our clients to a hotel that we simply can't trust. If they're not trust-worthy, why take the chance? When a property is so far off from the strip that you can't safely walk to the strip, and with so much traffic/construction in the area, it makes me wonder how they can afford to treat a travel agent like this. If you're only a consumer, and not an agent, imagine how they may treat you if you have a problem ... I'd be very worried.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
25 Thank bentl1
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my mum, dad and boyfriend stay here last week and all loved it. It was very close to the strip but without all the waiting involed with a big hotel. The food was really gd and cheap for Vegas. The spa was really quite big but underused. The pool was nice and warm. The only complaint was that my room wasn't very clean witch let it down a lot in my eyes and still wasn't cleaned after asking for it to be. One more thing was the staff was all so lovely apart from the bar staff I don't no why but they really didn't like us. The rooms all have a big kitchen in them and the bathroom in our two bed room was biger than most new flat. Well worth it's money

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Harleystow
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I apologize for the levels of service your received from both our bar and housekeeping teams.. I assure you this is not the norm. We will share your review with all team members to ensure that we address and take the proper steps so future visits and guests do not encounter the same concerns
Bagram, Afghanistan
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Arrived on New Year's day. Was greated by a valet who unloaded our car and hauled all our luggage to our room promptly. Check-in was a breeze and we received a complimentary upgrade to a larger room with fireplace and washer and dryer. The hotel was near empty as was much of Vegas at that time. On our way up to our room we discovered that the room next to us was playing loud music, but when we entered our room we could not hear it at all. Very quiet room. The kitchen was nice and fairly well appointed as well as very clean (the refrigerator was spotless!). The living room has a very nice flatscreen TV and fireplace. The sofa was a sleep sofa which was fairly comfortable (our 11 year old son slept on the sleep sofa). The bedroom was very large, larger than most hotel rooms, and had a very comfortable king size bed. Oddly, the TV in the bedroom is an older tube TV, but we did not watch it much at all. The bathroom was awesome with a jacuzzi big enough for two people to fit comfortably.
The pool was nice, heated, but could have been a little warmer in my opinion. The hot tub was more of a luke warm tub as well. After the sun goes down they light two fire pits which was nice to stand next to after exiting the pool.
The location is two blocks or so from Las Vegas Blvd., away from the noise and bustle, a short drive from the excitement of Vegas. There are two convenience stores directly outside the hotel (an AM/PM and a 7 Eleven) but I suggest holding on to your wallets as there is no shortage of shady looking characters hanging out at both, a common Vegas problem.
Overall our experience at the Platinum was excellent with no real complaints. We will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the awesome review. I'm glad our team was able to provide a beautiful upgrade.. We will be certain to recognize our staff for delivering great customer service. It can be nice to get away from the hoopla every night ( especially when over 100,000 people are in town) and have a relaxing retreat. My apology about the water temperatures, i will investigate further., . Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was excited to stay at The Platinum based on reviews and location. While I was pleased with the hotel in general, my experience booking via booking.com was really negative. For one thing, my room had not been booked properly, despite a confirmation. When I got to the room, I did not have the same type of room I had been promised. I arrived so late in Vegas after a travel mess with snow delays, I didn't feel like fighting it. But the room was large, clean and maintained well my entire visit. It's also VERY quiet. I barely heard anyone the whole stay and I know there were others on the floor. The one thing the hotel may attend to a bit better is reception/taxi area. Some of the staff were exceptionally nice, while others seemed annoyed that they were asked anything. More than once when a cab was needed, three people were standing and talking but not hailing and helping. Again...sometimes it was great, but other times...not so much. A bit more consistency on things like that would make my review go up even more. Overall..I would stay here again (but book directly with the hotel!) and overall was quite pleased.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I do want to first apologize and let you know this is unacceptable and not how we envisioned your stay, wither the reservation was booked through us or not. I am very disheartened to hear the challenges my valet team has created in not providing consistent level of service. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 January 2014

You are right Vegas is not the first destination that comes to mind when traveling with small kids. However we decided to go anyways and were looking for a hotel with a kitchenette relatively close to the strip yet away from all the nasty casino smoke. This hotel was the perfect fit and we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the facility and service we received here. If I ever decide to go back to Vegas this is where I will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank HappyTravellah
Thank you for the great review. We do appreciate it. We do try to gear ourselves more to families or those looking for a relaxing retreat from a night on the Strip. We will be certain to share your review with our team for delivering great service to you and your family. We hope we see you soon.